The Jindabyne thread..

skichanger

A Local
Jan 1, 2012
chaletmyoko.com
I think if you wait more than 2 weeks you are driving an unregistered car, but people don't car about that stuff any more.
License transfers:
Within NSW was 2 weeks but 3 month, and from interstate or overseas it is normally 3 months but currently 6 months because you cannot change it online or over the phone.

Vehicles: reads as if there is no grace period. I know a long time ago it was 7 days because I was pulled over for unregistered and uninsured a long time ago when I moved from Qld to NSW. I had no idea at the time it was such a short period of time. I was staying with my brother and wasn't even sure I was staying permanently in NSW.

3/9/21 we learnt that even if you go into service NSW you cannot change your address. Apparently they are not changing addresses at all.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Marty McSly

robbo mcs

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
License transfers:
Within NSW was 2 weeks but 3 month, and from interstate or overseas it is normally 3 months but currently 6 months because you cannot change it online or over the phone.

Vehicles: reads as if there is no grace period. I know a long time ago it was 7 days because I was pulled over for unregistered and uninsured a long time ago when I moved from Qld to NSW. I had no idea at the time it was such a short period of time. I was staying with my brother and wasn't even sure I was staying permanently in NSW.

3/9/21 we learnt that even if you go into service NSW you cannot change your address. Apparently they are not changing addresses at all.
So if you move, then you won’t get any infringement notices or registration renewals etc

Jasper Schwarz

Young but not afraid
Ski Pass
Jun 18, 2017
Northern Beaches, Sydney,
I wonder if you will be able to change at least your postal address? Or change the adress for registered vehicles?
negative. Mate tried to do it. They said the cops dont care. Which is cooked cause he now lives in an LGA of concern, and travels out of it everyday.

Yet is current address is for somewhere not in an LGA of concern so he can do whatever he wants. Has proof of his current address in his glovebox incase he needs it

SMSkier

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 4, 2016
Circa 1MM… off The Barry Way. Some work done in subdivision but not approved.

1F571A01-41B8-4849-B1CD-CBAB4B3A8D88.jpeg

Reactions: Jacko4650
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

JayJee

Out of the frying pan into the fire
Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2011
You also have 6 million people banged up in Sydney , many of these are looking to get out of Sydney at the first opportunity , Nice regional towns right across NSW, especially along the coast are all seeing good property increases and strong demand for properties.
I wonder how many of those stuck up in Sydney are aged 45 and up, financially well off with even a couple of properties owned outright , but have or had a serious underlying health condition that even with a full vaccination would question their own survival in a highly populated city like Sydney.
All this talk of getting up to 80% vaccination and then letting it rip , is probably scaring a lot of older people or families with children with serious underlying conditions .
Except you've got a gazillion times better chance of dying in a hospital in the regions under some half-trained, inadequately supervised locum. Not just of COVID, but of anything. :oops:

If you want to live long in NSW, live in Paddington or St Leonards right next door to a large teaching hospital.

Reactions: crackson

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
There are plenty of "other home" people around, thankfully very low key, covid rule observant and staying put.

It's a very quiet town at the moment which is sad but good.

SMSkier

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 4, 2016
Will be an interesting planning approval but should be doable at 5 blocks.

That "potential 6 blocks" map is ridiculous on a few levels.

Talk with Ivan.. I was aware of this 18 months back when it was slated for 7….if there’s any interest, the vendor is apparently willing to share planning undertaken to date.

EDIT: It was not 7. My error. Thinking back it’s a tad under 7 acres.

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
Talk with Ivan.. I was aware of this 18 months back when it was slated for 7….if there’s any interest, the vendor is apparently willing to share planning undertaken to date.

You cannot put a shared road through multiple blocks, we'll you might be able to but who wants a block with a fenced road down the middle.

I know, it's just a concept but ....

How big are the Cobbin Estate blocks, 4000m2, 1 acre?

skichanger

A Local
Jan 1, 2012
chaletmyoko.com
License transfers:

I wonder if you will be able to change at least your postal address? Or change the adress for registered vehicles?
The answer today was no to everything. So my uni student who escaped from Sydney just before you needed a permit went in today because he was finally out of the 2 week home quarantine. He has a car. So same change of address for car and licenses. Was told find some other to prove where he now lives. A bank statement is probably the only thing he has.

Yeah infringement notices, an issue if you get one.

robbo mcs

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
Just by coincidence I was up at sport and rec today, doing some laps on the training circuit. I could see some activity going on down there, so when I finished drove by on my way out for a squizz. Its huge ;) Just the bag is huge, but the run in areas, are steep and big, although not finished yet. It will be very impressive standing down the bottom watching when it is finished.

robbo mcs

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
this is it .
maybe not seafood delivery.
delivery driver / courier / transport.
doing the loop ex sydney west....
Could be, but thing is there were 3x positives in cooma on separate days though. So more likely to be someone in the area.

I don’t think most people down here have any comprehension how many delivery drivers are coming down to Jindy from Sydney and Canberra everyday, it is hundreds per day. People see a woollies truck once every couple of days, but that is the tip of the iceberg. Lots of small pantechs with food, mail, couriers, petrol tankers, elgas, livestock transporters, agricultural supplies, prosegur bringing cash, tyres, etc, etc x hundreds. It is amazing that it hasn’t been here before.

SMSkier

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 4, 2016
A few mornings back….. a lady coming out of the shops in town. Full ski kit on bar boots. Helmet done up, goggles, parka - the full outfit. Just typical of what you often see in a regular ski season….

…..problem is ….it ain’t a normal ski season. Can’t imagine where she was from.

Add folks still entering the LGA in addition to the transport drivers, couriers etc.

• Wow
Reactions: dawooduck and nfip

nfip

Cold 'n Rusty
Ski Pass
Jul 24, 2006
Yuin Country
A few mornings back….. a lady coming out of the shops in town. Full ski kit on bar boots. Helmet done up, goggles, parka - the full outfit. Just typical of what you often see in a regular ski season….

…..problem is ….it ain’t a normal ski season. Can’t imagine where she was from.

Add folks still entering the LGA in addition to the transport drivers, couriers etc.
yeah . Thredbo.... ;-)
edit: I drove in this arvo from the south Coast .
came to check on the club as there has been plenty of activity on the deck and out the front.
Cbr crew not possible because...
all good.
Got breathylised (in my hi viz) out front of the old shops, cops asked where from & why ...

Reactions: skifree and SMSkier

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
Could be, but thing is there were 3x positives in cooma on separate days though. So more likely to be someone in the area.

I don’t think most people down here have any comprehension how many delivery drivers are coming down to Jindy from Sydney and Canberra everyday, it is hundreds per day. People see a woollies truck once every couple of days, but that is the tip of the iceberg. Lots of small pantechs with food, mail, couriers, petrol tankers, elgas, livestock transporters, agricultural supplies, prosegur bringing cash, tyres, etc, etc x hundreds. It is amazing that it hasn’t been here before.
Probably that Bidfood worker from Fyshwick.

Reactions: Ozgirl

Myazma

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 10, 2009
Jindi
Penstocks at Waste point are noisy tonight, bit of water being moved about in preparation

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass