The Jindabyne thread..

Billy_Buttons

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Mar 25, 2011
Elgas Cooma

Does anybody else have a problem with their service.
Cannot contact them directly as they re-direct their number to Elgas Canberra.
Do not respond to emails.

All of our 15yr old tanks in Jindabyne are required to be replaced as requested by them back in February and now they contact our Strata Manager to coordinate all 10 townhouses at the same time, yet you can't contact them with access details.
JLW coming and full tourist mode now. :crap:

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Telemark Phat

Pass the butter
Ski Pass
Jun 21, 2008
Jindabyne
www.telemarkphat.org
Elgas Cooma

Does anybody else have a problem with their service.
Cannot contact them directly as they re-direct their number to Elgas Canberra.
Do not respond to emails.

All of our 15yr old tanks in Jindabyne are required to be replaced as requested by them back in February and now they contact our Strata Manager to coordinate all 10 townhouses at the same time, yet you can't contact them with access details.
JLW coming and full tourist mode now. :crap:
The 1300 number goes straight to the lovley Carol at the Cooma Depot if you live down here. Otherwise too bad absentee.

BlueHue

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 17, 2003
South of Cooma
is it snowing in jindy?
Some weird chunky stuff was hitting the lounge room window next to me a few minutes ago. But no not really snowing in East Jindy at least.

........ wanders off to check outside as the chunky rain sound has gone silent now......

The chunky rain sound has gone silent as it has stopped raining.

Billy_Buttons

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Mar 25, 2011
They are obviously residents like the Thredbo lease to dead horse gap,... a myth. I've had the lovely Carol at Cooma solve two issues for me this month.
So just because you get your service, everything is great?
What is going to happen to Jindabyne customers?

Telemark Phat

Pass the butter
Ski Pass
Jun 21, 2008
Jindabyne
www.telemarkphat.org
So just because you get your service, everything is great?
What is going to happen to Jindabyne customers?
If you are locally geolocated you are forwarded to the lovely Carol at the local depot. (I'm geolocated by the mobile tower I use to call the 1300 number, in Jindabyne, Berridale or Cooma depending on where I'm working). If you'e absentee too bad, so sad.

How come you abandoned the Berridale resident? Do you just make everything up from the lovely Mt Colah, I think thats where you live? (My fav Syd Crag is the earby Berowra Rocks).

catzizme

Hard Yards
Apr 5, 2020
Just a stray observation....so it looks like that trial of the Snowy Mountains Public Bus Service was a flop, it doesn't seem to be running this year. Wouldn't have anything to do with the zero demand during it's trial during lockdown last year would it?

I thought it could be an option for those days that the carpark is full by 8am. Oh well another failure at providing public transport one again, not that I expected much more.

BlueHue

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 17, 2003
South of Cooma
Just a stray observation....so it looks like that trial of the Snowy Mountains Public Bus Service was a flop, it doesn't seem to be running this year. Wouldn't have anything to do with the zero demand during it's trial during lockdown last year would it?

I thought it could be an option for those days that the carpark is full by 8am. Oh well another failure at providing public transport one again, not that I expected much more.
You have heard it is not running again at some point this winter or assuming due to no announcement/info at this point?

Don't think it was ever intended as a season long trial so would not rule it out yet for a period unless it has been confirmed somewhere to not be running again.

Reactions: Ozgirl and Dropbear

Me+3

One of Us
Jun 26, 2014

they kicked it of...
with no Sydney residents in Jindy
only NSW country...
then covid struck (again)..
hard to gauge whether it would have taken off or not IMO.
they tried, and may yet try again....
wouldn't say it was a failure of public transport.... I would suggest noone was really reliant on it.
in the end... it was a trial.

Reactions: BlueHue and Myazma

Myazma

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 10, 2009
Jindi
they kicked it of...
with no Sydney residents in Jindy
only NSW country...
then covid struck (again)..
hard to gauge whether it would have taken off or not IMO.
they tried, and may yet try again....
wouldn't say it was a failure of public transport.... I would suggest noone was really reliant on it.
in the end... it was a trial.
And despite all this people were using it, from my obs it was successful under the circumstances.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Boutros

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 14, 2012
Jindabyne

My understanding from discussions with Transport people is that it is scheduled to go ahead with a kick off in early July (to capture school holidays). Not sure how many weeks it's planned to run for. No public news yet as waiting on some Minister to have their moment in the spotlight by announcing it?!

crackson

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 20, 2006
Sydney drug squad arrived with sniffer dogs a couple of days ago.

Ripping people out of their cars and putting sniffer dogs through them on random traffic stops while being disgusting little ****s.

Billy_Buttons

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Mar 25, 2011
Lol.
Ok.

No

They don't.
Yes, they do.
Don't forget that English Perisher ski instructor that instructed kids of parents on this forum that raped a woman in Jindabyne and knocked her friend out cold a few years ago.
I don't think he flew his drugs out with himself into Sydney airport?

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Yes, they do.
Don't forget that English Perisher ski instructor that instructed kids of parents on this forum that raped a woman in Jindabyne and knocked her friend out cold a few years ago.
I don't think he flew his drugs out with himself into Sydney airport?
Oh my.

A sniffer dog would have stopped a psychopath.

Billy_Buttons

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Mar 25, 2011
Poor kid who's body was found 2 days later in the toilets after he overdosed and ran from the LJH a couple of years ago.

LMB

Old but definitely not Crusty!
Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
Why do people have a problem with drug dogs?
The war on drugs has done nothing but turn people into criminals.

You put a rat in a cage with a choice of water and laced water it will chose the laced water more and more and more until it dies. But if the rats cage is rat heaven with games and food and interesting things to see and do, they’ll chose the water primarily, the laced water on the odd occasion.

Fix the boredom, motivation, feeling of value and you fix the damaging effects of drugs. Prohibition doesn’t work.

Frightening and intimidating people to confiscate a little bit of weed or a few recreational pills is definitely overkill.

Billy_Buttons

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Mar 25, 2011
So, some of you think it is totally acceptable that some people will get raped and some people will die from overdose because of a little bit of drug consumption.

Meanwhile in America the war against guns is not justified with many daily deaths.

Okay, I'm effing outta here....:eek:

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass