Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
Id suggest selling it for like $15K, even knowing they have to remove it, someone would pay it for the remainder of the season easy.

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Id suggest selling it for like $15K, even knowing they have to remove it, someone would pay it for the remainder of the season easy.
You can't sell.
NRMA won't honour the contract of sale unless there are a multitude of hoops jumped through.

Considering its practically impossible to get in contact with them. The chances are zip zero zilch.

• Sad
Reactions: Goanna and telecrag

kiter

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 21, 2002
Newcastle
Reactions: skifree

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Just saw a post on whingebyne fb, saying everyone has been given an eviction notice with permanent vans in NRMA.

@Donza @surfer1 @Kneelo ???
Yeah its shit.
We have until 30.09.23.

I knew something was happening. My last trip down my wife was talking to a guy doing some surveying using one of these.
I knew at that point. We were toast.

lmx-200_1024x1024.jpg

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Kick in the nuts for anyone who got the engineer report and rectified on that first shake.
My new neighbours would be down 40K.
They only moved in around the start of the ski season.

There are a lot of people that have spent money( alot of money) with assurance coming the other way.

Money wise. My van owes nothing. Over 27 years the investment has paid itself over and over again.
However emotionally. Its been a really kick in the guts . Especially for my daughter.
Its all she's known. Her whole life.
She's grown up with kids in the van park. Friends. Tight. In a fantastic community enviroment that will be lost. Purely for profit.

Seafm

Too far from the snow
Ski Pass
Jun 5, 2014
Cairns, Queensland
My new neighbours would be down 40K.
They only moved in around the start of the ski season.

There are a lot of people that have spent money( alot of money) with assurance coming the other way.

Money wise. My van owes nothing. Over 27 years the investment has paid itself over and over again.
However emotionally. Its been a really kick in the guts . Especially for my daughter.
Its all she's known. Her whole life.
She's grown up with kids in the van park. Friends. Tight. In a fantastic community enviroment that will be lost. Purely for profit.
Got a plan B? Does Discovery have permanent sites or have they been turfed out as well?

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Got a plan B? Does Discovery have permanent sites or have they been turfed out as well?
Nah they got turfed a few years back.

To be brutally honest. I'm done. I can't be arsed going through the expense of finding another site etc.
After the van goes. I won't ever go back to jindy in any way shape or form .
Too raw.

I'll use the coin saved to travel OS to ski.

Seafm

Too far from the snow
Ski Pass
Jun 5, 2014
Cairns, Queensland
Nah they got turfed a few years back.

To be brutally honest. I'm done. I can't be arsed going through the expense of finding another site etc.
After the van goes. I won't ever go back to jindy in any way shape or form .
Too raw.

I'll use the coin saved to travel OS to ski.
I feel sorry for you and all the other folks that got matching orders. Nothing stands in the way of progress and profit unfortunately. I hope you're in town first week of September. Might be the only chance of a Meetup and drinks.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
Hopefully now that they have very unceremoniously dumped the permanents they will move the whole lot out to a brand new site on the western shore and turn the land over to parkland.

If ya gonna turn a caravan park into a corporate run demountable motel just .... fvk off.

End of a long era of van seasonaires, like Pats Patch, life and movement turned into tacky boxes all in a row.

Progress can be confronting :cry:

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
I think this season might send the region into a spiral down, the experience for many has been poor, and very expensive. Many regulars of decades feeling completely jaded.

Next season might be even more interesting than this one.

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
I think this season might send the region into a spiral down, the experience for many has been poor, and very expensive. Many regulars of decades feeling completely jaded.

Next season might be even more interesting than this one.
TBH. I'm a bit like that.
I think the two years of paying full freight for our site. With no compensation of any kind for Covid.
Over 20 emails to the Head office. All unanswered .

BlueHue

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 17, 2003
South of Cooma
In saying that, most people I know have enjoyed it, but then they get home and think fk me that was expensive. 2 days, $1k, and that was camping.
This I think from conversations I've heard. Many still enjoy it but question whether the cost and effort is worth it vs other options for holidays and other ski destinations. I get the feeling those having these conversations are not the predominant market driving demand at the moment though.

To be honest a somewhat calmer winter season with more of a spread of people through out the year would probably make for a nicer place to be for both locals and visitors rather than the big ups and downs. IF it came with less crazy $$ for holiday lets during peak seasons it might make for some different decisions around airbnb styled investments and caravan parks flipping to business models that turfs out long time regulars..... or not.

Agree with Donze though, corporate caravan motel park here we come.

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
This I think from conversations I've heard. Many still enjoy it but question whether the cost and effort is worth it vs other options for holidays and other ski destinations. I get the feeling those having these conversations are not the predominant market driving demand at the moment though.

To be honest a somewhat calmer winter season with more of a spread of people through out the year would probably make for a nicer place to be for both locals and visitors rather than the big ups and downs. IF it came with less crazy $$ for holiday lets during peak seasons it might make for some different decisions around airbnb styled investments and caravan parks flipping to business models that turfs out long time regulars..... or not.

Agree with Donze though, corporate caravan motel park here we come.
Mate it ain't going backwards. Its "new" ski money and its come in droves.

Its just going to get worse (in town) and more $$$.

Maybe i'm bitter and jaded. However I see the fabric of the town changing.
Perhaps this is best illustrated by the lack of young people and the lack of nightlife now.
The town is dead. Young crew have been priced out.

scottski

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 7, 2004
Homebush NSW
A Berridale question.
How can Berridale suddenly have two Pharmacies competing against each other and Jindabyne only has one?
Are there more sick people in Berridale than Jindabyne.
Also, I thought pharmacy licensing was aimed exactly at this level of competition.

Reactions: skifree

Seafm

Too far from the snow
Ski Pass
Jun 5, 2014
Cairns, Queensland
Thats 100% of what is going to happen.

Expect to see a row upon row of these spring up in the place.
At $800 a night.
8ca26b08e3fc8b744a3a4c841807376_61148586c41af-w360.jpg

Or you can bring your 300K caravan set-up. Pay $120 bucks a night for a patch of grass.
I'm booked into the new studio rooms near the lakeside cabins next month. Is this one of them? And I assume they got built courtesy of the first round of evictions.

Telemark Phat

Pass the butter
Ski Pass
Jun 21, 2008
Jindabyne
www.telemarkphat.org
A Berridale question.
How can Berridale suddenly have two Pharmacies competing against each other and Jindabyne only has one?
Also, I thought pharmacy licensing was aimed exactly at this level of competition.
I've no idea. There are Audis cruising the streets now. Perhaps if you own a Euro SUV you need pharmaceuticals.

skifree

A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz
A Berridale question.

It is a bit weird.

robbo mcs

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
A Berridale question.
I went to a hicksville scary town in remote tasmania, that shall remain nameless. It had 1 pub with attached general store/servo. Thenonly other shops in town were 2x competing gun/ammo/fishing stores. They were the only 3 functional businesses in town LOL

teletripper

One of Us
Aug 4, 2007
Jindabyne
Speaking of competition, I see there's a mini mart in the town centre now. "Friendly Grocer". I'll pop in for a look when I need to buy foodstuffs. I'm still microwaving my way through my frozen Dine & Discover meals. LOL
Yeah it’s a good alternative to the Woolies monopoly. Seems to be well patronised at present. I hope that they can make a go of it throughout the year. They have a pretty good product range and are competitive on some pricing, but best of all they carry some local product lines including local bread and some local small goods and some local fresh food produce. A little more expensive but worth supporting. (Disclaimer: No affiliation or association to this business)

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
Try the Rockstock Deli produce, he is an old mate, I was not too surprised that its pretty good. Though I pass on the cabonosi.

Reactions: teletripper

teletripper

One of Us
Aug 4, 2007
Jindabyne
Try the Rockstock Deli produce, he is an old mate, I was not too surprised that its pretty good. Though I pass on the cabonosi.
His cabanossi is pretty good, but I found I prefer it lightly fried or BBQ‘d as he suggests on their website, rather than just the straight smoked/ cured as you buy it.

Reactions: telecrag
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using