Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Marty McSly

Not a monster
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
Hunter Valley Whine Country, NSW
Pizza oven night tonight, I just popped into Friendly Grocer to grab one of their pre-made as I don't have the fridge space to keep a bunch of topping ingredients.

They're well stocked.

IMG_20220806_131606.jpg

No Hawaiian on display, they're out the back in the coolroom. :cool:

catzizme

Hard Yards
Apr 5, 2020
For each tennant maybe, one per property not equitable for the landlord that takes on more than one RAL employee.

I was thinking that and started to look into it more, it's an idea that got pulled from the USA from the rise of the short term airbnb and decrease in the medium/long rental market. The landlord would also be getting rent from each their tenants aswell, it's the first year RAL is doing it so they're probablly keeping it simple before adding more incentives/ rules allowing it to be modified to the local market.

Mt. Hood for example has rent limits and secondary incentives for more than one employee, see https://www.skihood.com/about-us/turns-for-tenants. I don't think it's for anyone renting out for more tenants than one or two because I would assume they are using the property for themselves or to attract a higher yield. I think it could be a good stop gap until more staff accommodation is acquired.

I still find it hard to believe that people are getting a staff bus from Cooma this year to work on the hill, I thought I had it tough sharing a room and that things would get better not worse, in saying that I have seen less staff living in vans this year.

Reactions: dawooduck
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Nidecker

A Local
Ski Pass
Aug 5, 2009
Alpine the dark side of snowboarding
The whole NRMA van park thing is an interesting failure by council (another?).

There is obviously a demand for all types of accom in the area, surely between the council and the lessee they could have come up with an alternative location, even if it wasn't lakeside, I would suggest there would be demand.

In fact it could have been a hub for lowercost accom with the current lessees kickstarting the whole thing.

Rather than 'we are just gonna kick you out' it could have been 'we have worked with council and a land owner, to find an alternative location' might not have suited all, but also might have created a location that could have been further developed for seasonal staff and other guests.

catzizme

Hard Yards
Apr 5, 2020
The whole NRMA van park thing is an interesting failure by council (another?).

There is obviously a demand for all types of accom in the area, surely between the council and the lessee they could have come up with an alternative location, even if it wasn't lakeside, I would suggest there would be demand.

In fact it could have been a hub for lowercost accom with the current lessees kickstarting the whole thing.

Rather than 'we are just gonna kick you out' it could have been 'we have worked with council and a land owner, to find an alternative location' might not have suited all, but also might have created a location that could have been further developed for seasonal staff and other guests.

What I thinks interesting about the NRMA van park situation (and I hope my facts are right), is that in the original SAP draft plan they were going to have the park removed for "better amenity and town integration with the lake", and then the master plan final comes out and says the NRMA van park to stay, and then a few weeks later anyone with a permanent van setup gets rolled i.e. assumed to be removing a lower generating income for a higher one. In saying that nothing about spending +$100 to camp on a patch of grass is budget.

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
What I thinks interesting about the NRMA van park situation (and I hope my facts are right), is that in the original SAP draft plan they were going to have the park removed for "better amenity and town integration with the lake", and then the master plan final comes out and says the NRMA van park to stay, and then a few weeks later anyone with a permanent van setup gets rolled i.e. assumed to be removing a lower generating income for a higher one. In saying that nothing about spending +$100 to camp on a patch of grass is budget.
Oh 100 %. The timing is pure.
That change in SAP was due to a meeting and feedback with local residents etc. There was a developer who had aspirations on the land where the park sits. That plan may have had something to do with a ex member of government as well. Cough.

skichanger

A Local
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 2012
chaletmyoko.com
Went to Jindy today. My constant thought was:
Last time I was here, that wasn't there, and that, and that,.....

There has been a lot of building work.

Really appreciated DH replacing shocks and dampers on the car I was driving. Regardless of the road conditions I had a nice smooth ride.

10am when I got to Jindy. Sign said Perisher car park was full. Take the ski tube to Perisher.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using