The Jindabyne thread..

Skichic2

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 22, 2017
So dogs do get dementia. Off topic sorry. But I am seeing my dog seem to forgrt things. Like my MIL who has dementia
She would get stuck in places. We’d find her standing in a corner, or behind something and unable to get out. She would stand at the hinged side of the door to go out. The worst bit was toiletting, she would go in her bed and lie in it. Was very sad to see.

Chookfooter

One of Us
May 11, 2020
Our first house was dump. We rode the motorbikes in the front door and parked them in the hallway. The back fence fell into the lane. The ceiling fell in. It had an outside bathroom and toilet. There was no hot water inside...... That place is probably worth 1.5 mill now.
Well there ya go, we used to live in the same house.

skichanger

A Local
Jan 1, 2012
chaletmyoko.com
She would get stuck in places. We’d find her standing in a corner, or behind something and unable to get out. She would stand at the hinged side of the door to go out. The worst bit was toiletting, she would go in her bed and lie in it. Was very sad to see.
Oh not good. Our dog hassles to get let out. Goes to the door and then seems confused about why she is there.. Next time, less than 5 minutes later, she goes straight out.

And she comes in one door and then hassles to go out another door to the same place.

Donzah

Formerly know as Aldi whorehouse.
Ski Pass
Aug 3, 2017
woonona
This is too n’ken depressing.
Remember the good times :(

nfip

Cold 'n Rusty
Ski Pass
Jul 24, 2006
Yuin Country
We are big fans of Bacco, great food and happy staff, one of whom has the best jeans bum ever.

We don't eat out much, just grab a few cuts of the various road kill on the way home and fire up the bbq.

Having deer on the menu has really lifted the town dining scene.
hang on I thought you wherre visually impaired !

Donzah

Ski Pass
Aug 3, 2017
woonona
Lol and I thought it was just us.

In Chippendale or mcdonaldtown or Newtown?

lots of funny memories. Most orople thought the bike thing was weird. But tgey got stolen if you keft them out.
When was the last time you went to Chippendale?
My god it's changed
I worked there for 14 years

Chookfooter

One of Us
May 11, 2020
Lol and I thought it was just us.

In Chippendale or mcdonaldtown or Newtown?

lots of funny memories. Most orople thought the bike thing was weird. But tgey got stolen if you keft them out.
No, we were in Neutral Bay. We even had a broken floorboard in the living room where you could drain the oil. Different times.

Reactions: skichanger

Donzah

Ski Pass
Aug 3, 2017
woonona
Still easy to be mugged
Not totally soft
Well I can tell you about the tactical police turning up at blackmarket... Or the guy chasing people down the street with a handgun.
Or the cops turning up cause a woman was set alight under the security cameras.
Was rough.
Not so much

Reactions: piolet

Homer

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 3, 2005
Castle Hill - Sydney
Oh we do. Miss our girls.

And so do I and my kids tbh. I told them this tonight and they were so sad hearing about that, and remembering how many times we/they had walked past and had connection with them at your fence. It's true.
I'm a longer Kalkite blow in than you would imagine and have spent so much time there over so many years.
I would however, never claim to be ' a local" although, I feel as one. 35 years, knowing "some" locals etc...

Donzah

Ski Pass
Aug 3, 2017
woonona
We lived in Abercrombie St near Shepherd St in the 80s. I worked for State Rail in the labs in Wilson st at one stage. So different now.
I was in meagher...
Surf dive n ski / general pants warehouse was there.
I'm back there every few months.... It's changed. Predictably

climberman

CloudRide1000 Legend
Ski Pass
Jul 24, 2000
the sunny illawarra
Well there ya go, we used to live in the same house.
LOL
Me too; well, for the folks anyway. Dirt floor in the kitchen, wood stove to heat hot water in kitchen, outdoor loo until I was about... I dunno, 8? That place would be worth a few mill.

first place I flatted in had outdoor laundry and dunny, ceiling collapsing, the works. In Darlington, so probably $1.3 to $1.6m, unrenovated.

Reactions: Ozgirl

D-eye

Photographer and skier
Ski Pass
Jan 21, 2001
Canberra
deyephotography.com
The whole Tiny house thing is even more this decade.

same, same but different.

Probably if $ is the driver. But as we found out when we rented for our 1st year down here, renting compared with owning has some big down sides. Buying was a lifestyle choice. You are very unlikely to see a place like ours as a long term rental. You might see part of it as a holiday rental.

When I moved to Jindy one place I looked at was "1.5 bedrooms" at $100 per week during summer and $600 during winter regardless of if you wanted to rent the whole year. It also had 6 beds.

I found a much nicer 2 bedroom + study space + garage that I could rent year round for a reasonable price.

skichanger

A Local
Jan 1, 2012
chaletmyoko.com
Well I can tell you about the tactical police turning up at blackmarket... Or the guy chasing people down the street with a handgun.
Was rough.
Not so much
Were you around when there was a helicoptor and police on foot and cars chasing someone? That was a weird night.

And when the guys on scooters used to ride down Abercrombie st after midnight? The noise would echo between the buildings

climberman

CloudRide1000 Legend
Ski Pass
Jul 24, 2000
the sunny illawarra
Was rough.
Not so much
My ex was held up (with a screwdriver) in our street in broad daylight. Back when Caroline Lane was in full effect.

Donzah

Ski Pass
Aug 3, 2017
woonona
My ex was held up (with a screwdriver) in our street in broad daylight. Back when Caroline Lane was in full effect.
It was such a thoroughfare from eveleigh to central...
Mind I grew up in South Auckland ... That was far worse

skichanger

A Local
Jan 1, 2012
chaletmyoko.com
Yeah most of the time it was fine but every so often something unsavory would happen. We had kids going through all the back yards. Looking for their lost ball when none of them lived nearby. My brand new FZ 750 was stolen with 800 km on it. Some guy wandered in the front door and did not want to leave.

Reactions: climberman

skichanger

A Local
Jan 1, 2012
chaletmyoko.com
It was such a thoroughfare from eveleigh to central...
Mind I grew up in South Auckland ... That was far worse
Was a complete no go area for whites when we lived there. A housemate got dragged of his motorbike in lawson street one Thursday night. Only survived cause he was bigger than the attackers.

climberman

CloudRide1000 Legend
Ski Pass
Jul 24, 2000
the sunny illawarra
Yeah most of the time it was fine but every so often something unsavory would happen. We had kids going through all the back yards. Looking for their lost ball when none of them lived nearby. My brand new FZ 750 was stolen with 800 km on it. Some guy wandered in the front door and did not want to leave.
Sounds familiar!

Reactions: skichanger

Skichic2

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 22, 2017
And so do I and my kids tbh. I told them this tonight and they were so sad hearing about that, and remembering how many times we/they had walked past and had connection with them at your fence. It's true.
I'm a longer Kalkite blow in than you would imagine and have spent so much time there over so many years.
I would however, never claim to be ' a local" although, I feel as one. 35 years, knowing "some" locals etc...
That’s so sweet, they grew up with my kids and would have loved the visits. Here they are

A0992FF6-CD6F-4219-8A38-10879580558B.jpeg
E9D951CD-B6BA-4EAB-B0C4-CB1DFD5F08F7.jpeg

I kinda think you can see the crazy in her eyes here. This was in her final months. The younger one above got very sick, very quickly. A total shock. Our old girl was very drawn out and it took a lot for us to finally make the sad call.

Last edited:

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
Just read the front page of the Monaro Post, looks like they will be going around all the streets etc too, from Jindy to Kalkite.

Typical government/council, have a problem, don't fix it, just try and punish your way out. They couldn't think if they had half a brain amongst them I reckon. That pile under the rug just gets bigger you halfwits.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass