The Jindabyne thread..

Nidecker

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 5, 2009
Alpine the dark side of snowboarding
Not sure if anyone in Jindy would be interested, NSW Health .... I'm guessing its a food services role.... google the req number if you are looking for year round work. There is a similar role in Cooma, but not perm?

REQ232396

Hospital Services Assistant - Jindabyne
Jindabyne
Part Time - Permanent
Hospital Assist Gde 2
$49,860

Yes I know the salary will get slagged off by the Thredbo skiers, but you never know, it might suit someone :)

Oh and its Vax category A = NO NIMBIES

Vaccination Requirements
This is a NSW Health Category A position, which requires immunisation against the following:
  • Whooping Cough
  • Hepatitis B
  • Measles / Mumps / Rubella
  • Chicken Pox
  • Screening for Tuberculosis

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy
Wine bar looks good, friends report it is exxy. But haven't been myself yet.

No idea where the 2nd hand shops are unless they mean the op shop and scrap art at the tip lol, neither are new.

Burger biz has been sold and rebranded by new owners as "36⁰ south". Haven't investigated yet.

There is a new shop between Dudley's and Sundance, homewares from what I can tell.
ESS (Next to 36 deg) has turned into an discount store for Alpine sports. ESS has moved (haven't heard where to)

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy
Not sure if anyone in Jindy would be interested, NSW Health .... I'm guessing its a food services role.... google the req number if you are looking for year round work. There is a similar role in Cooma, but not perm?

REQ232396

Jindabyne
Part Time - Permanent
Hospital Assist Gde 2
$49,860

Yes I know the salary will get slagged off by the Thredbo skiers, but you never know, it might suit someone :)

Vaccination Requirements
This is a NSW Health Category A position, which requires immunisation against the following:
  • Whooping Cough
  • Hepatitis B
  • Chicken Pox
I saw this on seek i think. Admin role. ie Emergency reception.

skichanger

A Local
Jan 1, 2012
chaletmyoko.com
I had a big reminder why I don't live in Jindabyne today. It took 2 1/2 hours to drive between Lakewood and Berriidale this afternoon. The Barry way hill down to Kosciuszko Rd was properly slippery. School busses blocking half the road and people trying to do their best in the conditions creating a couple of good blockages.

I got out of my car and spent 30min pushing cars to either get downhill traffic onto the side of the road or giving uphill traffic enough momentum to get up the hill. Only one other guy and one other woman helped me. A good 30 people refused to help, even after we helped a good proportion of them.

If the same situation happened here in Berridale everyone would have pulled up their sleeves and fixed the problem. Half my town might be meth heads, but we all pitch in and help each other out.
I went to Jindy yesterday. Was having a coffee with a girlfriend. She could not mget down to the gym to pick her daughter so we were contemplating my spending the night in Jindy. Whenthe power went out I reckoned it was tome to go home. The roads were pretty empty by then. There was still a reasonable amount of slush on the road so it was a slow trip home. I was glad I was in one of our awd cars as even with winter mode I think the front wheel drive beast would have struggled. There were about 10 cars abandoned on the side of the road.

The thing of not helping even when you have been helped bugs me. You almost feel like saying help me help someone else and then I will help you.

Reactions: crackson

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy
So where am I gonna go for scones on Easter Saturday during the show?
Well One of the State awarding winner baker was ME.... They didn't come from Berridale... So I think you are safe. ;)

(however the Jindy CWA Hall was sold years ago. Cash given to the Community Hall for upgrades and CWA Operates from their when required)

Reactions: Olgreg

crackson

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 20, 2006
Snowy Mountains

REQ232396

Jindabyne
Part Time - Permanent
Hospital Assist Gde 2
$49,860

Vaccination Requirements
  • Whooping Cough
  • Hepatitis B
  • Chicken Pox
Are you sure?

Jindy doesn't have a hospital.

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy

crackson

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 20, 2006
Snowy Mountains
We got a super clinic. And they gave it to private practice that doesn't bulk bill.

Our super clinic is exclusively for the upper end of town.

It was a scam.

Reactions: skifree

crackson

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 20, 2006
Snowy Mountains
That's why all the seasonal workers get sick and stay sick all winter and won't see a dr. After rent, fuel and food, they're broke and required to go to Cooma for public health care so they stay sick and infectious all season. It's been this way for decades.

The super clinic was funded by the govt to fix this problem, but it was stolen and turned into another super profitable private facility.

They're a pack of elitist entitled a'holes.

crackson

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 20, 2006
Snowy Mountains
Last time I went there just for a script, reception decided I had to see a dr and triaged me into one of their spare appts for urgent cases. Got the script then got abused by the dr for walking in and demanding an urgent appt.

They're f'wits.

LMB

Old but definitely not Crusty!
Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth

REQ232396

Jindabyne
Part Time - Permanent
Hospital Assist Gde 2
$49,860

Vaccination Requirements
  • Whooping Cough
  • Hepatitis B
  • Chicken Pox
Will be adding COVID-19 to that list before too long I expect.

Untele-whippet

beard stroker
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 2006
Blue Mtns, 1100M.
Oh my lordy, lordy! We got to Cascades carpark at 8 this morning 6 cars parked, got back at 12.30 from a little BC, no room at all, some cars parked in, at least 40 cars. A gazzilion snowplay people.
The DHG carpark was a joke.
Driving back to Jindy there was a queue of stationary cars going back from the NPWS booths, past Lake Crackenback Resort and up the beginning of Penderlea!!!
Joisus!

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy
Yikes ! I did wonder what it was like over there.

We left jindy at 850, dad offered to drive as we had already heard about the queues driving to Perisher.

Stop start from Wilson's. Got to Perisher about 1115. Dad dropped us at the bridge, was great. So thankful.

Donzah

Formerly know as Aldi whorehouse.
Ski Pass
Aug 3, 2017
woonona
Oh my lordy, lordy! We got to Cascades carpark at 8 this morning 6 cars parked, got back at 12.30 from a little BC, no room at all, some cars parked in, at least 40 cars. A gazzilion snowplay people.
The DHG carpark was a joke.
Driving back to Jindy there was a queue of stationary cars going back from the NPWS booths, past Lake Crackenback Resort and up the beginning of Penderlea!!!
Joisus!
Snowplay season is in effect.
Mini buses and Euro Suvs carrying multi coloured Toboggans

scottski

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 7, 2004
Homebush NSW
Biggly entertainment at the new Jindy BP and Boss outdoor.
Seems like no one counted on doubling the pumps, opening a shop with food and coffee and having 500 punters all dropping off skis and snow chains on a Sunday night.
The Boss Outdoor punters parked across the exit driveways and just blocked the entire place.
BP manager running around flapping his wings with appropriate high vis vest trying, somewhat unsuccessfully to move cars.

Looking forward to more entertainment as the season progresses.
B1FFB0F2-71BD-45F5-A582-C8FF599922E7.jpeg

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy
LO.

I notice this afternoon that the return shed underneath (enter from the side) was a good idea.

Complaints on faccy that the same numbers of pumps. Is that not true?

crackson

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 20, 2006
Snowy Mountains
Cops or rangers have cleared out snowline boat ramp.

Was maybe 15-20 car campers last couple of nights and same tonight were setting up when I finished. Just went past and it's empty. Totally empty.

Wow.

Reactions: telecrag and skull

scottski

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 7, 2004
Homebush NSW
Found one on my block tonight. Paddock gate broken and on the list to repair this week. Cut new timber strainer posts and re hang gate and fences. Have said be gone tonight or tomorrow the backhoe will be blocking any exit for at least a week to ten days. 9 k walk to Jindabyne and a 4 k walk to the Alpine way.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass