The Jindabyne thread..

MattyHoll

One of Us
Aug 17, 2016
Just reading the Market’s Facebook page, they definitely have some crazy fans. After reading the comments from the business owners and how smug they are I hope they lose their business. Which is a shame, cause looks like they sold some local produce and stuff? But hey, bit of luck it’ll make room for someone who is more deserving of the opportunity.

Billy_Buttons

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Mar 25, 2011
Just reading the Market’s Facebook page, they definitely have some crazy fans. After reading the comments from the business owners and how smug they are I hope they lose their business. Which is a shame, cause looks like they sold some local produce and stuff? But hey, bit of luck it’ll make room for someone who is more deserving of the opportunity.
You can't help stupid.

skichanger

A Local
Jan 1, 2012
chaletmyoko.com
Yeah a bit passive aggressive and patronizing. The supporters are all the same ant-maskers posting everywhere else.
I wear a mask to protect others from my germs. Wish they paid me and everyone else the same respect.

malas1

One of Us
Ski Pass
Dec 1, 2015
In the laundramat below backpackers yesterday arvo bout a half dozen youngens from perisher milling around after skiing. Not one facemask
They will be the ones losing work if it gets around but dont seem to bothered.

MattyHoll

One of Us
Aug 17, 2016
Yeah a bit passive aggressive and patronizing. The supporters are all the same ant-maskers posting everywhere else.
I wear a mask to protect others from my germs. Wish they paid me and everyone else the same respect.
Yeah, amongst the community that’s the point. Hence why they accept any mask, non surgical, home made etc. It’s a simple thing to comply with. It’s a good thing they just ran a cafe in jindy and weren’t anyone influential, as they obviously have enough supporters out there as it is.

WaitAwhile

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 29, 2012
Perth/part time resident of Jindabyne
If its anything like the alternate lifestylers that used to live around the far south coast of NSW in the 1990s , they probably have quite a large following in rural areas.
Just all grown up now and the dreadlocks have long gone.

MattyHoll

One of Us
Aug 17, 2016
If its anything like the alternate lifestylers that used to live around the far south coast of NSW in the 1990s , they probably have quite a large following in rural areas.
Just all grown up now and the dreadlocks have long gone.
Yeah, these people (owners) look about my age though, so born in the 90’s. I could be wrong though. Is it the case that certain areas attract these people or breeds them? Maybe a bit of both.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

skinavy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Feb 7, 2001
Canberra, ACT
Yeah, amongst the community that’s the point. Hence why they accept any mask, non surgical, home made etc. It’s a simple thing to comply with. It’s a good thing they just ran a cafe in jindy and weren’t anyone influential, as they obviously have enough supporters out there as it is.
I got the impression that those writing the comments were mostly from locations other than Jindabyne. There were some locals (Thaler in particular was a prolific commenter) but not that many.

WaitAwhile

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 29, 2012
Perth/part time resident of Jindabyne
Yeah, these people (owners) look about my age though, so born in the 90’s. I could be wrong though. Is it the case that certain areas attract these people or breeds them? Maybe a bit of both.
You get into lots of these rural areas especially isolated areas like the far south coast of NSW , the Cooma-Monaro and Snowy Mountains area its full of people of that dont like being told what to do.
They generally don't even live in town , the nearest neighbours might be a couple of kms away and that suits them just fine.
We used to just call them hippies or alternate life stylers and they used to come into town to get food and supplies and have showers as they slowly built their houses and just lived in modified sea containers until they had the money to slowly build.

Chookfooter

Cranky Curmudgeon
Ski Pass
May 11, 2020
What happened to the food van that was set up in the memorial hall car park, didn't last long?

Chookfooter

Cranky Curmudgeon
Ski Pass
May 11, 2020
It was there last night serving food to my drunken butt

I believe a condition of council was that it had to be removed sunday thru friday and only be in place across the weekend nights.
That explains why I haven't seen it then.

skichanger

A Local
Jan 1, 2012
chaletmyoko.com
You get into lots of these rural areas especially isolated areas like the far south coast of NSW , the Cooma-Monaro and Snowy Mountains area its full of people of that dont like being told what to do.
They generally don't even live in town , the nearest neighbours might be a couple of kms away and that suits them just fine.
We used to just call them hippies or alternate life stylers and they used to come into town to get food and supplies and have showers as they slowly built their houses and just lived in modified sea containers until they had the money to slowly build.
It is not new. My brother had shares in a commune in the 1970s

More likely to get them on coastal areas rather than remote.

Who does like being told what to do, especially when what you are being told to do is stupid, irrational and not in your best interests. Even worse when in your case it doesn’t really make any difference to any one else and you see other privileged people being allowed to do what you are not allowed to do e.g me not being able to go to Japan. But things like mask wearing, easy to do and great benefits for all.

The people I am seeing objecting to masks and vaccinations are not the genuine alternative lifestylers. They are often the people who will benefit the most from mask wearing and vaccination. Just stupid and selfish.

crackson

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 20, 2006
Still been fining people for no chains on the perisher rd, but they are doing the fines on the spot today. Cheers guys. Customers have calmed down by the time they see us now and accept that they stuffed up.

Heaps less grief for us.

skichanger

A Local
Jan 1, 2012
chaletmyoko.com
Still been fining people for no chains on the perisher rd, but they are doing the fines on the spot today. Cheers guys. Customers have calmed down by the time they see us now and accept that they stuffed up.

Heaps less grief for us.
What are you doing? Directing car parking? Or something like that? When we have driven up, apart from being directed where to park, we have no interaction with anyone till we are loading. And even that is super brief.

Reactions: crackson

LMB

Old but definitely not Crusty!
Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
Wow, The Markets Facebook page is enlightening. Barely a single negative post, you could be forgiven for thinking that Jindabyne and everyone who comes there agrees with their stance in entirety until you realise they have deleted almost every single last post speaking negatively of them or providing an alternative point of view. The few that remain are pretty much simply responded to with 'May love fill your heart to replace your hate and fear'. Heads stuck so far up their butts they can probably give themselves a tonguey via their esophagus.
I near about spit my cuppa across the room! LOL

crackson

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 20, 2006
People were getting proper and the spot fines today so they knew how much and had a chance to vent and relax before getting to me. They had progressed to calm acceptance and self reflection by the time they came to us.

Much improved and zero anger from them.

Marty McSly

A brick propping up the furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
Hunter Valley Whine Country, NSW
Still waiting for a Jindy Vineyard to happen along with Jindy Cheese. LOL
Screenshot_20210705-085410.jpg

Chookfooter

Cranky Curmudgeon
Ski Pass
May 11, 2020
Wilderness Sports.
Unless of course Kalkite is too far out of town to be ‘local’.
Ascot Vale according to his FB profile, couldn't tell you when he moved here. On the WS website he gives special mention to staff who are locals but doesn't claim it for himself or Ros.

Reactions: Telezacski
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass