The Jindabyne thread..

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy
Would you various locals and assorted blow-ins kindly make a mental note that I may be interested in any land without a dwelling entitlement, that may come up for sale in the next year or 2 around the area?

Somewhere to put a shed to store a couple of cars and a caravan in a low-humidity environment.
Well thats going against the SAP...

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy
So The Market is still shut today. Despite saying 'the weekend' on FB.

I can't find offical proof that they are shut sue to a health order.

However they were arrested and released on bail which I suspect means a court appearance is imminent. Im guessing Queanbeyan? And so maybe they shut to not do anything wrong.

Go to court applogise profusely and open up again (may or may not break rules, as maybe they are hoping the requirement for masks is dropped, no sign in is less obvious rule breaking)

They loose no street cred cause they dont cave to public pressure.

In other news Ray Hadley is going off about them and the bowral cafe. And a report of Barilaro demanding permanent closure.

Reactions: teebee

Marquise de Kappy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 24, 2010
Redfern

However they were arrested and released on bail which I suspect means a court appearance is imminent. Im guessing Queanbeyan? And so maybe they shut to not do anything wrong.

Go to court applogise profusely and open up again (may or may not break rules, as maybe they are hoping the requirement for masks is dropped, no sign in is less obvious rule breaking)

In other news Ray Hadley is going off about them and the bowral cafe. And a report of Barilaro demanding permanent closure.
Re: Market - The pair were released on conditional bail, however when police sprung a surprise check on the business on Friday, they allege they found several failures to comply with public health orders including customers not wearing masks and no QR code sign-in forms.

The owners were issued with $1000 penalty infringement notice and will appear before Cooma Local Court on Thursday August 5 for breach of bail conditions.
The Australian 05.07.21

Chookfooter

Cranky Curmudgeon
Ski Pass
May 11, 2020

That's a first, I agree with Pork.....

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy
Re: Market - The pair were released on conditional bail, however when police sprung a surprise check on the business on Friday, they allege they found several failures to comply with public health orders including customers not wearing masks and no QR code sign-in forms.

The owners were issued with $1000 penalty infringement notice and will appear before Cooma Local Court on Thursday August 5 for breach of bail conditions.
The Australian 05.07.21
Thanks!!

Reports just now that they are selling from the back of the car blantantly in front of the shop.

They are very silly people. They have pissed off a lot of people in town with unpaid bills extra. No end of people to report them (not me or my direct family)

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

skichanger

A Local
Jan 1, 2012
chaletmyoko.com
Thanks!!

Reports just now that they are selling from the back of the car blantantly in front of the shop.

They are very silly people. They have pissed off a lot of people in town with unpaid bills extra. No end of people to report them (not me or my direct family)
Yep they really have pissed off a lot of people. Selfish as well as stupid.

Reactions: Ozgirl

Aractus

One of Us
Sep 5, 2018
Canberra
What are you doing? Directing car parking? Or something like that? When we have driven up, apart from being directed where to park, we have no interaction with anyone till we are loading. And even that is super brief.

He's hiring them chains in town. The police normally issue warnings, but this weekend were issuing fines. I'm surprised there are so many people not complying.

People were getting proper and the spot fines today so they knew how much and had a chance to vent and relax before getting to me. They had progressed to calm acceptance and self reflection by the time they came to us.

Much improved and zero anger from them.

How much is the actual fine? The signs simply say "penalty exceeds $300".

Reactions: crackson

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
Would you various locals and assorted blow-ins kindly make a mental note that I may be interested in any land without a dwelling entitlement, that may come up for sale in the next year or 2 around the area?

Somewhere to put a shed to store a couple of cars and a caravan in a low-humidity environment.

D-eye

Photographer and skier
Ski Pass
Jan 21, 2001
Canberra
deyephotography.com
Need to find out if he is a skier first. ;)

About me:

I am an easy going country bloke who is very happy with my life, I’m highly driven, love my work and love to make the most of life.

List five things that make you unique?

1. My sense of humour is definitely one of my unique qualities!
  2. My outlook on life
  3. My sense of adventure.
  4. My big smiley face.
  5. The life experiences who have made me who I am.

What are your interests?

Horse riding, training dogs, fishing, camping, reading, veggie gardening and watching comedy.

What is your favourite music / musician / band?

Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash, Paul Kelly.

What is your favourite movie and why?

The Big Steal. A classic Australian movie about a boy and his dream to buy a fancy car.

What sort of woman are you looking for?

I’m looking for a woman who is open to meeting the love of her life and live happily ever after on the farm. I hope she is a happy woman who is optimistic about the future, hardworking, confident, adventurous and loving.

Ultra2.0

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jan 27, 2020
are they relying on local custom? or going for tourist $$ only and don't care about customer goodwill from the locals?

Reactions: crackson

Marty McSly

A brick propping up the furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
Hunter Valley Whine Country, NSW
Yes, I saw that on the web. It'll probably go for $ridiculous. Given the $$$ for this 850m² residential block.

Screenshot_20210705-212005.jpg

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
It’s a very long time to run any small business :)
Bought my first skis (off him not first ever)off him in the 90’s when he had the shop in eaglesnest, just picked up a new pair tonight, some pairs in between. Yeah I could have bought it all online and saved some money, but where else can you demo telegear, and the long running support for Tele and now other things of a lesser nature, is worth something to me also.

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
The actions of them and their ilk had the potential to close the whole season and kill every business in town. Fcukem.

Not really, plenty of people strolling around doing mask on/mask off with all manner of masking material. Lift lines, Nuggets, Servo, Booze bus stops, everywhere. There is quite a cohort of local anti maskers, they also love brumbies.

They could only catch covid from a customer who had bought it in from a lock down area, a customer who was spreading disease with the greatest of ease all the way down the highway.

Just should have worn the mask to avoid the grief and not tried to be special.

Nut shop gone nuts

D-eye

Photographer and skier
Ski Pass
Jan 21, 2001
Canberra
deyephotography.com
odd, depending on which site you look at the map shows different locations

It would be tempting if I had any money.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marty McSly

Camoman

One of Us
May 10, 2019
Jindabyne
The Market has posted elsewhere they are closed indefinitely. Good.
Not indefinitely. "Closed indefinitely until the situation is resolved" was what they had said, so I would suggest they intend to re-open.

I am with the mask wearing because it's the right thing to and because we know there are visitors to the area who likely should not be about. Small inconvenience whilst the outbreak continuous.

But at the same time I watch with interest how this gets resolved. The current health order stipulates masks are mandatory for only Greater Sydney, central coast, gong. The health order says nothing of the need for other areas. And for now QR isn't legal for takeaway service either (comes into effect 12 July). So it would appear the police may be overstepping the (legal) mark.

Camoman

One of Us
May 10, 2019
Jindabyne
Mask rules apply for all of NSW.
Commonsense aside, this is where, for me, the (legal) confusion comes in.

The latest health order could not be clearer in mandating Greater Sydney only. (https://legislation.nsw.gov.au/file...ndatory Face Coverings) Order (No 3) 2021.pdf ).

Yet thru media & even some gov updates we get crossed wires. Usually when I am thinking of how I can be charged then I'd suggest the legislation takes preference. Hence why I am interested to see the outcome of it.

Marty McSly

A brick propping up the furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
Hunter Valley Whine Country, NSW
Commonsense aside, this is where, for me, the (legal) confusion comes in.

The latest health order could not be clearer in mandating Greater Sydney only. (https://legislation.nsw.gov.au/file/Public Health (COVID-19 Mandatory Face Coverings) Order (No 3) 2021.pdf ).

Yet thru media & even some gov updates we get crossed wires. Usually when I am thinking of how I can be charged then I'd suggest the legislation takes preference. Hence why I am interested to see the outcome of it.
Hard to argue with that. But it's not what Gladys announced at the press conference. Either her speechwriter got their wires crossed or they subsequently backpedalled.

It does however apply to all airports in NSW. That might be what they meant to say at the presser.

But FWIW I'm happy to wear a mask indoors and I'm more than happy for everyone around me to be wearing one too.

LMB

Old but definitely not Crusty!
Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
Hard to argue with that. But it's not what Gladys announced at the press conference. Either her speechwriter got their wires crossed or they subsequently backpedalled.

It does however apply to all airports in NSW. That might be what they meant to say at the presser.

But FWIW I'm happy to wear a mask indoors and I'm more than happy for everyone around me to be wearing one too.
They’re mandatory in any indoors space in Thredbo. Staff room, restaurant (unless seated eating and drinking), pubs (unless seated eating and drinking), shuttle buses.

Reactions: Jonathan_P

Sir Surfalot

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 23, 2000
Somewhere surfy or snowy
The latest health order could not be clearer in mandating Greater Sydney only.
My reading of the public health order introducing the Greater Sydney lockdown (and other new restrictions for all of NSW) is that it specifically overrides that one. See https://gazette.legislation.nsw.gov.au/so/download.w3p?id=Gazette_2021_2021-282.pdf - specially half-way down Page 6 where it says this order overrides the “face coverings” one.

So the face covering rules that I believe apply for NSW are those on page 10 of the public health orders legislation I have linked above, as it seems to override everything else.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass