The Park Thread

POW Hungry

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 28, 2000
Eastern Burbs of Sydney
It's always been a surprise to me the lack of 'park' enthusiasts in the ski.com.au forums.
let's see a show of hands/likes for those who huck the cheese-wedges and/or like to back lip the wheelchair-access chrome...

Here's what the future of freestyle boarding looks like in 2017 (would it blow your mind to know that Marcus is just 18 years old?):

Donza

Dogs body...
Ski Pass
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Ha. Cause the forums are full of fifty something white male skiers.
MK is amazing...
I'm very much into the scene now... Not riding wise. More appreciating. By virtue of our friends in Jindy having kids that are top of the tree freestyle snowboarding wise.

POW Hungry

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 28, 2000
Eastern Burbs of Sydney
Seen a "park thread" in a different forum. Was thinking of starting one up here but POW beat me.

I mostly ski park unless the conditions are fantastic.
Touche. It's all I know when it's 'boring' conditions. Left most of my park game in 2006 when I hung up the boots up for a 8 year hiatus. But hands down the best camaraderie outside of my skate days as a teenager.
These days, I sadly live vicariously through those who ride places like Stubaizoo Park, Perisher's Leichhardt Terrain Park etc.

Donza

Dogs body...
Ski Pass
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Toots is epic.
As good as Max Parrot is....i have issues with his style.
Regardless. The Canadian and Norweigian teams are legit.

Reactions: FourSquare04

POW Hungry

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 28, 2000
Eastern Burbs of Sydney
Toots is epic.
As good as Max Parrot is....i have issues with his style.
Regardless. The Canadian and Norweigian teams are legit.
Yeah, it's hard not to be critical on style of 10's and above. So easy to force and= hyperdrive them.
But toots' rail game is fluid AF , and far less 'gangley' than Maxo.

Telemark Phat

Pass the butter
Ski Pass
Jun 21, 2008
Jindabyne
www.telemarkphat.org
It's always been a surprise to me the lack of 'park' enthusiasts in the ski.com.au forums.
let's see a show of hands/likes for those who huck the cheese-wedges and/or like to back lip the wheelchair-access chrome...

Here's what the future of freestyle boarding looks like in 2017 (would it blow your mind to know that Marcus is just 18 years old?):
Staying in the park is so limiting

W0nkey D0nkey

One of Us
Ski Pass
Feb 5, 2017
Wollongong
Spotted a couple of boarders hitting up a rail on Mt P cam
Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 8.30.16 pm.png

FourSquare04

A Local
Sep 11, 2001
Wollongong
Yeah they leave the rails at the base there from the Leichardt Park and can easily be sessioned if you have a shovel or two

Looks like the Remarks still has a few booters if you're willing to hike for it:

theremarkables-sugarbowl.jpg

Reactions: POW Hungry

Donza

Dogs body...
Ski Pass
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Not so much the Park.
But S. White got beat down in the pipe in cardies today. Injured his face.

Boo hoo

Reactions: FourSquare04

POW Hungry

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 28, 2000
Eastern Burbs of Sydney
Not so much the Park.
But S. White got beat down in the pipe in cardies today. Injured his face.

Boo hoo
Kinda matches his instagram really. A walking (not boarding) billboard... and although I don't blame him, he has been chewed up and spat out of a commercial laundromat... Kinda sad really.

Heck, the comments are worth the entertainment factor:

Donza

Dogs body...
Ski Pass
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
The interesting paradox..his stuff doesn't sell.
So is he a billboard for the sake of being a billboard?

Danny Davis is my man. Nicest guy ever.

xuěboarder

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 23, 2016
Makes me so satisfied everytime Shaun hurts himself. No matter how many airbags or foam pits, the man still breaks himself. Compared to people like mark mcmorris who has taken several large hits the last few years and still manages to be near the top.
On another note, surely the sponsors who dish out the big bux for private facilities for Shaun are sick of the miserable roi they are receiving

Donza

Dogs body...
Ski Pass
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
He sure is a bit of a 'package' deal 'ole big dog davis. The peace park event is always a season treat.
He's up there with Jeremy Jones.
Big hill Jeremy?
I'm oddly not the biggest fan.
Maybe his fanbois annoy me

soza

One of Us
Jun 15, 2013
Tawonga South
It's a shame there just seems to be zero support for any post season riding. I cannot believe the mt hutt spring park didn't get the numbers. 300 is miniscule for a week of riding at 189$. I'd kill for that in aus
Two weeks with free coaching!.....180 signed up but they needed 300. To be fair most folks could only get on weekends so thats 4 days, and as its Mt Hutt that means only one of those will be open.
I was almost tempted to take two weeks off work and hammer it, then i remembered Im too old and although i imagine im styling it on the kiddies fun boxes I am more than likely not and going to do myself a serious injury.

xuěboarder

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 23, 2016
Two weeks with free coaching!.....180 signed up but they needed 300. To be fair most folks could only get on weekends so thats 4 days, and as its Mt Hutt that means only one of those will be open.
I was almost tempted to take two weeks off work and hammer it, then i remembered Im too old and although i imagine im styling it on the kiddies fun boxes I am more than likely not and going to do myself a serious injury.
An absolute dream!
Personally I'm kind of hoping that with the increase in resorts having the Buller ice machines we can eventually work toward post season camps in the spirit on my hood etc

W0nkey D0nkey

One of Us
Ski Pass
Feb 5, 2017
Wollongong
Wasn't really into it hey.
There are absolute tools in Australian snowboarding.. So clique..
Needs more dragboardco bodyboard style piss taking.
I'd rather watch snowboarding instead of boogieboarding but those drag edits are seriously good.

POW Hungry

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 28, 2000
Eastern Burbs of Sydney
The problem with edits like the above is it's usually directed, shot, edited (and probably produced) by the kid that never got good at throwing down, unlike the bloke sweating next to him.
Aus edits need an overhaul (think Kai Neville or Dane Singleton) but as for the talent, I think there's some half decent shit in that clip.

Given it's released FREE it's obvious to me it's ultra-low budget and largely funded by the riders, filmers and their own time - which is evident as there's clearly no creative direction. It's no absinthe...

Reactions: W0nkey D0nkey
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass