The Real Estate Thread - Snowy Mountains Edition.

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
So that explains the new road going in off the Barry Way opposite Jillamatong St.

Concept for the Jindabyne West Precinct

SmartSelect_20220616-040717_Samsung Notes.jpg

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Jacko4650

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 15, 2014

Going to require a lot of earthworks! Doesn't appear to be much in the way of useful public space, public amenity etc that residents have been crowing about in the SAP feedback sessions. Other than a path going thru/adjacent to the cemetery, there's not much connection to the Jindy township. Devil is in the detail I suppose?

Formally_FS04

One of Us
Sep 13, 2021
Balgownie
How's the Jindy market looking now after 2+ years of COVID influencing the market?

With rising interest rates & soaring inflation, I wonder how much these factors will influence the winter season this year?

I for one was considering a trip down a month ago, but now, I seriously doubt it will happen....waaaaay too exxy $$$

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
Seeing a few suddenly available, maybe slightly more than normal, but outweighed by “first time to the snow, what do we do” s

Reactions: Me+3
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

BlueHue

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 17, 2003
South of Cooma
Going to require a lot of earthworks! Doesn't appear to be much in the way of useful public space, public amenity etc that residents have been crowing about in the SAP feedback sessions. Other than a path going thru/adjacent to the cemetery, there's not much connection to the Jindy township. Devil is in the detail I suppose?
Hey Jacko, was it you waiting on land in Leesville? They were working on it today when I was just up there. Graders doing things and digging stuff for the new road.

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains

There is an underpass proposed in the SMGS concept DA to connect to the Lake Side rec area.

Reactions: Jacko4650

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
How's the Jindy market looking now after 2+ years of COVID influencing the market?

With rising interest rates & soaring inflation, I wonder how much these factors will influence the winter season this year?

I for one was considering a trip down a month ago, but now, I seriously doubt it will happen....waaaaay too exxy $$$
The real estate market appears to be "levelling out"

Reactions: Formally_FS04

snowgum

A Local
Ski Pass
May 4, 1999
vic

Looking a bit like a new ‘Jindabyne Monopoly’ board from above.

I wonder where the jail, railway station, water & elec companies will go? :p

I can see Mayfair (top o’ hill with views?) - where all the fancy hotels will go to trap the unwary travellers!

Reactions: dawooduck

Billy_Buttons

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Mar 25, 2011
Bad timing. Remember all the building hoardings in Sydney City throughout the 70's. Holes in the ground for years and years.

Reactions: Marty McSly

BlueHue

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 17, 2003
South of Cooma
There is an underpass proposed in the SMGS concept DA to connect to the Lake Side rec area.
Land tenure between town and the development means the only places you really can have pedestrian/bike connections are exactly where they have put them. There is no where else for them to go without buying existing private already developed land.

Reactions: dawooduck

BlueHue

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 17, 2003
South of Cooma
Other thing to remember about the public space is that, other than the connection to the lake foreshore already pointed out is it is a stones throw from the proposed mountain bike/adventure park ( if it happens) so although directly this area might not have much public space it is potentially sandwiched between two large public spaces with a range of activities that most towns of 2000 to 3000 people normally would not even get close to having.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Me+3

One of Us
Jun 26, 2014
There is a concept design for a 47 lot subdivision in for the land above the Grammar School.

SmartSelect_20220615-183753_Samsung Notes.jpg
I know school fees at SMGS are high.... but have they really got the money to get this moving?
Could be years getting some thing of this scale approved? or will SAP help it through ?
Interaction with TfNSW on Kosi Road will not be fun.

scottski

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 7, 2004
Homebush NSW
I know school fees at SMGS are high.... but have they really got the money to get this moving?
Could be years getting some thing of this scale approved? or will SAP help it through ?
I think it is probably the owner of Lake Crackenback and Nuggets crossing behind this. Should help with enrolments at the SMGS.

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains

The block in question is school owned but the development costs won't come out of school fees. Private schools crossover between public and private business and this school has strong local benefactors.

The concept appears to greatly improve school access and parking issues and possibly housing/boarding expansion possibly funded by sales of residential blocks.

"West Jindabyne" looks to be medium to high density which IMHO is better in town that as satellite developments in the town peripherals.

The terrain is interesting in a stacked on the hill kinda way.

Me+3

One of Us
Jun 26, 2014
I think it is probably the owner of Lake Crackenback and Nuggets crossing behind this. Should help with enrolments at the SMGS.
fair point.. "Australian Land Co Pty Ltd" does have a Nuggets Crossing address....
talking big biscuits for something of this size either way.

The block in question is school owned but the development costs won't come out of school fees. Private schools crossover between public and private business and this school has strong local benefactors.

The concept appears to greatly improve school access and parking issues and possibly housing/boarding expansion possibly funded by sales of residential blocks.

"West Jindabyne" looks to be medium to high density which IMHO is better in town that as satellite developments in the town peripherals.

Noted. makes sense.
Some good views from the higher elevated Lots...... can be windy too though.

In comparison, would you consider existing Twynam Street area medium / high density ?
Those pesky 1 lane wide streets with no parking really give me the sh**ts.
All the land developments outskirts of Hunter area have them. they are terrible / dangerous.
People end up parking all over council strips/lawns.

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
fair point.. "Australian Land Co Pty Ltd" does have a Nuggets Crossing address....
talking big biscuits for something of this size either way.

Noted. makes sense.
Some good views from the higher elevated Lots...... can be windy too though.

In comparison, would you consider existing Twynam Street area medium / high density ?
Those pesky 1 lane wide streets with no parking really give me the sh**ts.
All the land developments outskirts of Hunter area have them. they are terrible / dangerous.
People end up parking all over council strips/lawns.

I would agree on all points. Medium/High density works well where vehicle use is minimal, not so good when each address has 4 cars, East Jindy Creek is a perfect example of not very good planning and too many vehicles. Kunama much better.

East Jindy Creek and this concept could well be the same developers, all quite legit under state planning laws.

Reactions: Me+3

Billy_Buttons

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Mar 25, 2011

There goes our view of the roos on the hill. Oh well, at least the cemetary will still be greenish. LOL

snowgum

A Local
Ski Pass
May 4, 1999
vic
It’s a general spray against all who live on the other side of the lake luxuriating in the mountain views. let’s not single anyone in particular out here. Especially those who live on the North Shore.
To us city slickers (southerners at that!), there’s seems to be a lot of angst in old J town. Not much going around - I mean generally - not labelling individuals.

Place is pulling In multiple directions by the various factions? Can’t be fun or pretty to watch (experience?) at times?

Billy_Buttons

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Mar 25, 2011
To us city slickers (southerners at that!), there’s seems to be a lot of angst in old J town. Not much going around - I mean generally - not labelling individuals.

Place is pulling In multiple directions by the various factions? Can’t be fun or pretty to watch (experience?) at times?
It's been interesting watching the ongoing changes in people over the decades. Each changer behaves the same as the previous decade changer and on it goes. Never known nor heard of any other part of this country with this weird behaviour.

snowgum

A Local
Ski Pass
May 4, 1999
vic
It's been interesting watching the ongoing changes in people over the decades. Each changer behaves the same as the previous decade changer and on it goes. Never known nor heard of any other part of this country with this weird behaviour.

Protecting the patch?

I think the general practice is quite well established - by all accounts in the media?

Down here, the Dandenongs, the Surfcoast, Bellarene & Mornington Peninsulas and Phillip Isle are high in the list of grumbles - between oldies and newbies. Right & wrong re development is rarely a perfect science. Shared blame?

We’re still basically territorial mammals. :doh:
(Over to Prof Darwin!) ;)

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
It’s a general spray against all who live on the other side of the lake luxuriating in the mountain views. let’s not single anyone in particular out here. Especially those who live on the North Shore.

The North Shore community of space, light and peace with goats, soon to be renamed.

Ozark Heights ❤️

climberman

CloudRide1000 Legend
Ski Pass
Jul 24, 2000
the sunny illawarra
That’s because most towns the size of Jindabyne 20 years ago are shrinking not expanding.

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains

Lots of not much at all really.

The most noticeable divide is between the mega spend road maintenance from town to the resorts and the complete lack of it everywhere else.

BlueHue

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 17, 2003
South of Cooma
I would agree on all points. Medium/High density works well where vehicle use is minimal, not so good when each address has 4 cars, East Jindy Creek is a perfect example of not very good planning and too many vehicles. Kunama much better.

East Jindy Creek and this concept could well be the same developers, all quite legit under state planning laws.
What's East Jindy Creek?

Billy_Buttons

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Mar 25, 2011
Ah the next local movie production in the Snowy Mountains.
Dances with Goats.
Should be a blockbuster.
Hggmmmmm...

Reactions: scottski
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using