The Real Estate Thread - Snowy Mountains Edition.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

BlueHue

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 17, 2003
South of Cooma
Cnr Jerrara and Old Kosi Road.

Medium/High density with dual occupancy.
Aahh yep, wondered if that is what you meant.

Yeh Kunama Drive a bit better although there is a fair cluster popping up on the western end of Willow Bay Pl at the t junction with Kunama Dr. 8 Serviced apartments, 10 gated community lots (at least one dual occ by the sound of it) and 10 ecocabins + managers residence are all going to spit out onto the very end of Kunama Dr onto a 30m long and very narrow section of Willow Bay Pl where they intersect. Could be interesting on a winters morn. I figured out roughly 100 bedrooms (so maybe +200 people in peak periods given it mostly looks like being tourist accom) spitting out into that section.

climberman

CloudRide1000 Legend
Ski Pass
Jul 24, 2000
the sunny illawarra
Keep looking everywhere inbetween of every inch of the NSW coast. Those old hidey hole pristine beach escapes of the days of olde are now blowing out everywhere.
Yeah, it’s my work patch and I have friends a long way into the Deep South.
Jindabyne isn’t a coastal town but is impacted and growing like one.

skichanger

A Local
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 2012
chaletmyoko.com
It’s a general spray against all who live on the other side of the lake luxuriating in the mountain views. let’s not single anyone in particular out here. Especially those who live on the North Shore.
And I thought you were making an ironic reference to the juxtaposition of the location and houses that @Telemark Phat and I live in. lol.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Telemark Phat

Pass the butter
Ski Pass
Jun 21, 2008
Jindabyne
www.telemarkphat.org
About my being paranoid? None of you know me well enough for that to be appropriate. Especially in mind of the the actual bullying that has happened in here. Personally I sometimes find in jokes just another form of bullying.
The in joke has nothing to do with you. Its about Hill Top, not what is called Berridale Heights on our side of Varney's range.

Chookfooter

Cranky Curmudgeon
Ski Pass
May 11, 2020
In jokes on forums aren't funny when you aren't part of the in crowd, probably best avoided.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Podlet

Old n' Crusty
May 28, 2000
Jindabyne
Using the SMGS block to kick off the much larger development proposed above.

Same developer, interesting concepts.

The owner of the other land behind the cemetery seems to have worked with SMGS to design the development, lots of strict controls and he has created an LEP and DCP for the site to control building envelopes, protect trees etc. Application tracker documents show the look and feel is LCR and there will be footpaths!!! that alone should help sell it before it is even subdivided. guaranteed footpaths! lol

Podlet

Old n' Crusty
May 28, 2000
Jindabyne
Going to require a lot of earthworks! Doesn't appear to be much in the way of useful public space, public amenity etc that residents have been crowing about in the SAP feedback sessions. Other than a path going thru/adjacent to the cemetery, there's not much connection to the Jindy township. Devil is in the detail I suppose?
that path is hard to find in reality... fairly sure the cemetery fenceline backs onto the Nettin Circuit properties. I intend to have a look this weekend.

Podlet

Old n' Crusty
May 28, 2000
Jindabyne
Aahh yep, wondered if that is what you meant.

Yeh Kunama Drive a bit better although there is a fair cluster popping up on the western end of Willow Bay Pl at the t junction with Kunama Dr. 8 Serviced apartments, 10 gated community lots (at least one dual occ by the sound of it) and 10 ecocabins + managers residence are all going to spit out onto the very end of Kunama Dr onto a 30m long and very narrow section of Willow Bay Pl where they intersect. Could be interesting on a winters morn. I figured out roughly 100 bedrooms (so maybe +200 people in peak periods given it mostly looks like being tourist accom) spitting out into that section.

It's ok, it'll be fine.... the school bus won't be impacted at all! most of the gated community won't be able to get up their community titled road anyway, too steep. ;)

Reactions: dawooduck

nezumi

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 28, 2009
Melbourne
This auction will be very interesting. I suspect they are about 3-4 months off the pace but good luck to them, they have presented a nice property:

(BTW - not sure why every listing from Nick Kirshner has the same URL?? - this is for a property in Bombala!)

It looks like that's the URL for their newsletter, which is just... stupid.

Here's the full listing with more pictures. Sadly there's no floorplan, which is the first thing I usually look at.

Reactions: Jacko4650

gareth_oau

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Dec 27, 2008
Canning Vale, Perth

Jacko4650

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 15, 2014
Way up the end of Kings Lane and 90% vertical scrub to the Berridale Valley.

100 acre adjacent was nominally $300k in 2019.

Lots of venison and great Internet

$750 would be close
$750K a whole lot better than the $1.4mill and beyond we were seeing for 100 acre lots about 9 months ago! I always liked that ridge area toward Berridale; shame the spare cash is locked up with this block in Leesville atm

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
$750K a whole lot better than the $1.4mill and beyond we were seeing for 100 acre lots about 9 months ago! I always liked that ridge area toward Berridale; shame the spare cash is locked up with this block in Leesville atm

Location location location

Reactions: Jacko4650

BlueHue

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 17, 2003
South of Cooma
I'd imagine access would be challenging in times like the summer just gone. Not as bad as some other areas but still challenging.

benchives

I forgot how to ski
Ski Pass
Dec 30, 2006
sydney
Ow is the market in general since the rate increases, crypto crash, inflation spike and my bad haircut?

Undies

Superspreadin the lurve
Ski Pass
May 15, 2002
Top drawer
I reckon now it will go below $3m to sell, he's got SFA on the property worth anything, its just Alpine Way voodoo.

Yup. There was a much nicer plot, with a lovely house etc that sold a couple of years back for $1.6m which was deemed a pretty penny back then. It's twice the place that old mate is trying to sell this for.

Even with covid inflation, this place shouldn't sell for more than low $2m.

Fozzie Bear

Where's my flapping ears gone.....
Ski Pass
Jun 2, 2014
In the woods
Yup. There was a much nicer plot, with a lovely house etc that sold a couple of years back for $1.6m which was deemed a pretty penny back then. It's twice the place that old mate is trying to sell this for.

Even with covid inflation, this place shouldn't sell for more than low $2m.

The river front with the gym near Gaden? Was a nice property.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using