1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

The sudden passing of a Benlomond Legend !

Discussion in 'Ben Lomond' started by BenLomond Iceman, Dec 1, 2012.

1. BenLomond Iceman

BenLomond Iceman One of Us

It is with sadness that we hear early this week that Hugo Haring SNR passed away... Everyone that has been coming to Benlomond regually over the years would know or know of Hugo.. A Great mountain character and all round good bloke who lived for his family his ski club and the mountain .. A great tradesman and hard worker who was always positive and had a real go! ...Our condolences to Mrs Haring , Hugo JNR Ange, Monica and their familys and to NTAC (Northern Tasmanian Alpine Club Inc ) Who have lost a great club man and Friend of the mountain RIP Hugo

2. VSG

VSG Pool Room Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

Sad. I did not know him, but I see he was very much loved and a hard worker.

3. North Face

North Face First Runs

A sad day for everyone who knew him. He skied full throttle right to the end. We will all miss him. He has taught me a lot over the years and always had a positive outlook on everything. There aren't too many 77 year olds on the mountain who can burn off people on the slopes a fraction of their age!!! We'll miss seeing Hugo and his hat on the slopes. Ben Lomond won't be the same without him.