The Surf Thread

Formally_FS04

Addicted
Sep 13, 2021
Balgownie
Bummer on the diagnosis @nfip !

Surfed in town again, really good banks there ATM for longer period swell even if it was only on the small side, super fun though.

Got about half a dozen in the corner then it got busy, got a few more up the beach, good surf!!
1641952605028.jpg

Looks epic down the coast today! Raining here, showers on and off, cooler southerly blowing, at least it's not as super humid as yesterday....

Reactions: Belly

Formally_FS04

Addicted
Sep 13, 2021
Balgownie
I hear you but not sure I have a set up in easy reach to handle it with increasing N winds, that and it might be pencilled in as our repechage fish day ;) :)

There's a rocky outcrop north of you and @Paperboy around @nfip 's region I have always wanted to surf and I reckon it will be working over the coming days as it likes NE swells, nice hollow right hander near a big island :D

Belly

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 22, 2003
South Coast NSW
There's a rocky outcrop north of you and @Paperboy around @nfip 's region I have always wanted to surf and I reckon it will be working over the coming days as it likes NE swells, nice hollow right hander near a big island :D
I'm actually thinking about going north of BB on Saturday for a cruise as I'm starting to get desperate for AdBlue and there's a servo with it at the pump... If you're talking about the point I'm thinking of probably too heavy for me however the lee beachie might be worth a squiz ;)

Formally_FS04

Addicted
Sep 13, 2021
Balgownie
I'm actually thinking about going north of BB on Saturday for a cruise as I'm starting to get desperate for AdBlue and there's a servo with it at the pump... If you're talking about the point I'm thinking of probably too heavy for me however the lee beachie might be worth a squiz ;)

Nar, little further south than that near the famous bommie ;)

Formally_FS04

Addicted
Sep 13, 2021
Balgownie

Many 'tourists' down your way at the moment on holidays or is it quieter than expected?

Paperboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 3, 2016
Canberra/South Coast/East Jindabyne
Bummer on the diagnosis @nfip !

Surfed in town again, really good banks there ATM for longer period swell even if it was only on the small side, super fun though.

Got about half a dozen in the corner then it got busy, got a few more up the beach, good surf!!
1641952605028.jpg
Nice spot, haven't surfed there in a while, use to drive down there when we were flat, always seemed to have a wave.

Formally_FS04

Addicted
Sep 13, 2021
Balgownie
Went for another swim this Arvo at Bellza with the young fella, probably could have surfed it on the foamie but alas didn’t bring it - doh! Definitely some new longer range energy in the water with 2ft+ sets clearly present and packed some punch….was a few lulls followed by sets of 6+ waves. Crazy weather too with rain, cloud, wind all changing within an hour or so of getting in the water. Also water quality a bit suspect with the creek open & some warm brown patches appearing!

Last edited:
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

nfip

Cold 'n Rusty
Ski Pass
Jul 24, 2006
Yuin Country
don't blame them.
Those are all extremely fickle and very much dependant on all of the planets aligning.
swell directions , tides , winds , sand.....
misses a fair bit of the swell also due to being in a Bay.
like anywhere tho on their day they are red hot, but you would have to be very fortunate to score.

Formally_FS04

Addicted
Sep 13, 2021
Balgownie
On the way to work. Point break at Port Mac, but not rideable today.. Not sure where this NE swell came from... started yday arvo.

Tropical Cyclone Cody way out over near Fiji now heading towards NZ, perfect area to produce long range cyclone swell for east coast from the E/NE direction, can just see it on the latest BOM synoptic in the corner:

IDY00030.202201131800.png

VSG

Crayon Master
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Port Macquarie NSW
www.tumblr.com
Tropical Cyclone Cody way out over near Fiji now heading towards NZ, perfect area to produce long range cyclone swell for east coast from the E/NE direction, can just see it on the latest BOM synoptic in the corner:

IDY00030.202201131800.png
From Swellnet today. Port Mac

Updated: 2022-01-14 07:10:00Surf: clean 6-8ft ENE Winds: Light NWWeather: fine and sunnyRating: 8/10
Large and powerful waves are bombarding our coastline this morning. These are for the experienced surfers only. Please if surfing or swimming at the beach know you’re skills and ability. If you are unsure please swim at a patrolled beach between the flags to keep yourself and the community safe. Listen to the advice of lifeguards.
There are waves around early, with the light nw wind, this will swing more ne later in the day so head to the protected northern corners then. Water temperature is still an amazing 20 degrees.

nfip

Cold 'n Rusty
Ski Pass
Jul 24, 2006
Yuin Country
Srsly........ drive to uncrowded spot, don't paddle too close to anyone else.
Yeah no contact with anyone or with any showers/cafes etc, you'll be sweet.
Yep I'd be the same!

yeah I know.
I'm a bit of a hard case when it comes to doing the right thing with all of this shit.
my moral compass / people in glass houses type ,
I'm one of the first to have a whinge if someone else does the wrong thing so .....
crickets on soon......
p.s chose a bad week to get off the piss LOL

Peli89

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 12, 2015
I love it Belly.. That single fin looks great!!

The only issue i see is that there are only 9 board slots... Where do the rest go?

I have a 6 board rack at home, and the rule was to only have 6 boards... i've gotten a bit excited and have been hiding them around the house... Now that i am currently in the process of moving, im being found out. :)

Belly

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 22, 2003
South Coast NSW
I love it Belly.. That single fin looks great!!

The only issue i see is that there are only 9 board slots... Where do the rest go?

I have a 6 board rack at home, and the rule was to only have 6 boards... i've gotten a bit excited and have been hiding them around the house... Now that i am currently in the process of moving, im being found out. :)
Ha ha Cheers.

Nah the old Scott Dillon 9'6 was already mounted, was the old man's, in the shot for aesthetics :)

Got a shed with exposed trusses and it can hold the overflow, snowboards, boards due to be repaired etc. 2 there now plus the foamie, 2 more in the car :)

SnowBound

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 7, 2007
Northern Beaches, Sydney
First surf yesterday in a while.

COVID, new home projects and then work ramped up so got a bit distracted...

But.

Yesterday was pretty fun. Not amazing at my local. But still better than no surf.

About 3-4ft. No wind but no real direction with the mix of swells.

The silver lining is the tourists don't wake up before 6.30am so I had a whole bank to myself for a good 45 mins before the hoards descended.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass