There is always one thing that is an almost certainty at Falls Creek...

FCLODGE1

Hard Yards
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne / Falls Creek
Well the snow is melting and the roads are kind of clear... (for the time being)
The poor buggers who bought their return tickets on oversnow are now allowed to drive their vehicles up and get their crew as well as their luggage themselves.
Want a refund from oversnow? I think we all know what the answer is on that!
The rort continues.

Hunter

Part of the Furniture
Endless Winter
Aug 21, 2000
goughs bay
ausi ski bum said:
Oh No not this topic again. At least we can drive vehicles in this time, a few years ago you would have had to be transported in a decrepid troopy.

Not still apologising for them are we ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Seth

I am figure skating
Ski Pass
Jun 6, 2000
The Higher Ground
How is it legal to take payment for a service that you then don't provide? Can someone explain that? Thanks.

FCLODGE1

Hard Yards
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne / Falls Creek
ausi ski bum said:
Oh No not this topic again. At least we can drive vehicles in this time, a few years ago you would have had to be transported in a decrepid troopy.

Yeah this topic again because it's still not bloody fixed and people are getting really sick of it. Quite happy to pay for a service once you use it but if you dont you should not pay... Or am I stupid?

Seth

I am figure skating
Ski Pass
Jun 6, 2000
The Higher Ground
ausi ski bum said:
At least we can drive vehicles in this time, a few years ago you would have had to be transported in a decrepid troopy.

FCLODGE1

Hard Yards
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne / Falls Creek
I can't personally confirm this one, but I believe that there is only one vehicle available to do this because all the old troopies have finally been labeled unroadworthy. (at least for customers) and the wait is extreme, most people I have conversed with have simply walked down to the car and driven it back up. In nice weather (as per today) this is great... in bad miserable cold weather this is not so great...

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
So if I stay at Quay West then I wouldn't need to bother with this oversnow rubbish would I ?

smile.gif

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
no, just water in novel places (they might have finally fixed it, but there was a reason it was called St Waterfalls)

Doonks

Let's cook!
Ski Pass
Jul 17, 2000
Mulgrave, VICTORIA
Seth said:
How is it legal to take payment for a service that you then don't provide? Can someone explain that? Thanks.
If the T&C's on ticket purchase are "No Refunds" then it's pretty clear. Also, if you are the one choosing to no longer use the service I can't see why anyone would think that they should be compelled to provide a refund.

If you bought a day lift ticket, but then chose not to use it, would you reasonably expect the Lift Company to provide a refund?

The Falls Creek Oversnow service has long long been a rip off IMHO, but not for this reason.

Ulmerhutte

One of Us
Oct 7, 2005
Melbourne
www.stantonamarlberg.com
Without knowing the full circumstances - if you decided you did not want to "risk" taking your car into the village (roads were still icy in places), could you insist on getting the service you purchased, ie transport from your lodge to oversnow? If, as suggested, they did not have suitable vehicles, and hence declined to complete the service, then I would assume they would have to offer a refund.

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
I understand that oversnow had a small number of vehicles (possibly only one?) that could only fit a few people, and that the wait time was significant.
I also believe that FCRM shuttles were transporting people with luggage, especially where they were travelling by bus.

Doonks

Let's cook!
Ski Pass
Jul 17, 2000
Mulgrave, VICTORIA
Ulmerhutte said:
Without knowing the full circumstances - if you decided you did not want to "risk" taking your car into the village (roads were still icy in places), could you insist on getting the service you purchased, ie transport from your lodge to oversnow? If, as suggested, they did not have suitable vehicles, and hence declined to complete the service, then I would assume they would have to offer a refund.
I agree. If the Oversnow themselves withdrew service I believe they would be required by Fair Trading laws to provide a refund.

Did the Oversnow withdraw the service themselves ?

hair-raiser

Hard Yards
Nov 25, 2003
We just love the way apologists twist and turn to justify what is an apalling service. The whole falls Creek Oversnow shambles would not be tolerated anywhere else.

Doonks

Let's cook!
Ski Pass
Jul 17, 2000
Mulgrave, VICTORIA
hair - I reckon the oversnow service at Falls is an abomination, it's price gouging at it's worst!

But value for money isn't what Seth asked about.

Xcape

Old n' Crusty
Apr 15, 2001
Darwin
FCLODGE1 said:
I can't personally confirm this one,
Then perhaps you should not comment in the first place? The wait in June must be terribly extreme.
laugh.gif

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass