Snow Report Thredbo 2017 - Trip Reports, Pics & Conditions

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
I used to wonder why he uses skids as skiing on one is easy. Then when I broke my binding on the steep of high noon, my sis took the broken one and I went to ski down on one, but I couldn't. Without a ski on my other leg for balance it was near impossible. Once on the flat I could do it by holding my spare leg forward and cruise down. Wish I had skids at the time. They make total sense now. Without them you do these crazy random 180's.

Anyway, nice pic.

He had to go without too

IMG_4830.jpg

IMG_4877.jpg

But fairs fair when you are bro/sis

IMG_4822.jpg

surfer1

Addicted
Aug 1, 2001
Sydney
Ahh what a winter, think I am nearly done, I am pretty old, probably got 4 ski days left then gotta keep legs fit for Japow

Thank you Mother Nature. Mmm now have to get paddle fit for a surf with Pini Pow Pow the wave hog

Reactions: Funky and telecrag

VSG

Crayon Master
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Port Macquarie NSW
www.tumblr.com
Coming back from kiting today, we dropped Signature on the way in, it was nicely corned. I went first to take the photos, my line is through the rocks, normally chute 2, but its so filled in! You can see my sluff from the ridge line in too. The others came down the nose.

IMG_4930.jpg

Needs moar Richard of Thredbo.... sig hill. Nice shot..

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

crackson

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 20, 2006
Snowing at ngarigo for the last hour. I guess I can be bothered going up.

Better be good.

Myazma

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 10, 2009
Jindi
Wow, what a day of lift riding. Abosolutely excellent. No crowd, good fresh, rain stopped before lifts opened, blatting ST with fresh on groom first thing. Boarding places thru trees down low I haven't for decades because there is soooo much snow. This is the Shredas I love

crackson

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 20, 2006
It was good. Better than yesterday, but not as good as Thursday.

Antons was full of Americans. And a park rat crew that can't hear themselves, so they had to yell bad cliches and make retarded hand signals to express their unity. Sick bro.

None of them could find any pow, so that was good.

Makes me think of giving up on park when I see muppets.

skifree

A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz
Skied Thredders for the 1st in a couple of years yesterday & this AM.

It was noice and even noicer to be able to see where I was skiing.:cool:

Saw no tele Sat and only a little today. Is the Thredders teletribe still existing or have they faded away?

Telezacski

A Local
Ski Pass
Mar 19, 2010
Skied Thredders for the 1st in a couple of years yesterday & this AM.

It was noice and even noicer to be able to see where I was skiing.:cool:

Saw no tele Sat and only a little today. Is the Thredders teletribe still existing or have they faded away?

I saw more telly skiers this weekend at Thredbo than I have for a while. There was a group of three or four beginners down at Friday Flat and I met a guy up at Merrits Saturday. Plus a couple of others around the resort.

Today saw a few more plus a couple of groups heading back country.

Reactions: skifree

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
Today didn't start all that great, on the upside I got first chair

IMG_0591.jpg

But gradually the mountain opened up, and the lovely wind stashes were ripe for the skiing, Sponars and the Bluff were great. A skier now known by @zac150 as, "our nemesis" thanks to a snake on Signature one fine day, hitting the Bluff, I like how long the puffs were hanging around, it was real whiteroom/faceshot skiing at times.

IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
Also had a bite at the Jindy Brewery with @surfer1 and @PiniPowPow last night. It is excellent, good beer, excellent tapas, and priced better than anywhere, well, anywhere really. If you haven't been, have a go. But don't tell anyone. Otherwise at some point they will be told thats not how you do it here, food and beer is too good, too cheap.

skifree

A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz
Sharing is caring @telecrag and I were going to share, he was going to get the bindings and me the skis,

I could be tempted to ski Thredders again if you wanted play ski swappsies
to try out the Ms.

But you would need be able to fit into the NTN small fitting in lieu of the NTN big foot fitting.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass