Snow Report Thredbo 2017 - Trip Reports, Pics & Conditions

D_Dog

Hard Yards
Jun 1, 2005
Sydney
Thredbo will be opening the supertrail on Saturday!

No word on whether it is from snowgums or from Kosi.

Scoober

One of Us
May 12, 2014
Gosford
Guns still firing on ST, should relieve some pressure on the mountain for the weekend although with the school holiday influx will probably be worse!!

Reactions: NewTurns

Townsend

One of Us
Mar 28, 2014
The guns have been on all day on the middle and upper Supertrail as well as Central Spur. They are now on right to the village. Just when we needed to snow gods to be kind they have been!
IMG_0039.JPG

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
Enjoy magic hour over the next couple of days, should be great, with lots of powder making!

Reactions: NewTurns

Telezacski

A Local
Ski Pass
Mar 19, 2010
The precipitation is definitely clear rather than white but it is not super heavy. Supertrail was good first thing but the snow on Cruiser and High Noon is being affected as there are lots of people. Tip of the day...Goretex is great!

I picked up new powder / touring skis and a new goretex jacket this season, at least one of these buys will be used this season.....

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
Jen's bringing it! I reckon next week will be fun, I'll be there, so obviously the skiing will be better than now, as I am not there!

Reactions: Telezacski

NewTurns

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 30, 2013
Sydney
First day back. Late start. Poor vis. Snow pretty good all things considering.
Best run was actually Sundowner cutting across from the bottom of the racecourse to link up to Gunbarrel. Good vis down low and no one around.
My take was it was actually pretty quiet most of the time.
Best news is the Frostbite Wagyu Beef Burger is just as excellent as last year.
Good warm up day for the legs. Go harder tomorrow.
20170703_134853.jpg

Packed it in when things started getting a little wet. Can't say the dreaded 'R@!n' word.

LaNeige

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 20, 2010
Vic
Wintery mix observed at Black Sallees through middle of the day, not so wintery lower down. Snow was soft and fun, but gloves were damp.

Ride on Kosi this afternoon reminded me of the Crackenback lift, stop, start, swing about in the wind, move a tower or two and repeat. Good times.

Reactions: cin and NewTurns

AJS

One of Us
Jul 28, 2014
I need more reports- keep checking back to see if any of it has turned white this evening. Am not heading down until 1st week of Aug this year so living vicariously through all on here!!

First day back. Late start. Poor vis. Snow pretty good all things considering.
Best run was actually Sundowner cutting across from the bottom of the racecourse to link up to Gunbarrel. Good vis down low and no one around.
My take was it was actually pretty quiet most of the time.
Best news is the Frostbite Wagyu Beef Burger is just as excellent as last year.
Good warm up day for the legs. Go harder tomorrow.
20170703_134853.jpg

Packed it in when things started getting a little wet. Can't say the dreaded 'R@!n' word.

Hopefully there will be plenty topped up for you tomorrow, I look forward to the updates LOL

NewTurns

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 30, 2013
Sydney
Very average day. Had to go the truck in Overnight Carpark 3 today. Temperature read out said 6deg C.
Probably why I got so wet.
Weatherzone saying it is just under 0degC up the top now.
No shortage of moisture just need a deep cold blast.
Going for a swim at Leisure Centre. No doubt will be chockas!
Tomorrow having a demo day from the Rossi shop. Get to try the whole quiver in a try before you buy experience. Looking forward to it. Always bought skis on reputation and ski shop schtick.... some pressure to buy at the end of the day no doubt!
My 10 year old K2 Apache Recons may officially become the rockhoppers.
So some snow tonight would be useful!

LaNeige

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 20, 2010
Vic
Carpark report: snow is too clear for my liking, temperatures too positive @ +4. Looks like some white stuff up higher.

climberman

CloudRide1000 Legend
Ski Pass
Jul 24, 2000
the sunny illawarra
Carpark report: snow is too clear for my liking, temperatures too positive @ +4. Looks like some white stuff up higher.
Egads
Will be around with team junior ( a mate and his five year old twin girls)
Expectations low
Hopes dashed
Please let tomoz be ok!!!!

NewTurns

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 30, 2013
Sydney
Concur. Hopefully not so miserable above the r@!n line. Will get drenched just getting to the lifts!

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass