Snow Report Thredbo 2021 Trip Reports, Pics, Updates and Conditions.

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017
20210729_144853.jpg
is that looking up at wiamea?

Reactions: dawooduck

nezumi

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 28, 2009
Melbourne
I'm still waiting on mine. The most confusing aspect was when they initially told me that I had to wait to apply for a refund, as the lockdown in Sydney was due to lift on the 16th. That's great... but I'm in Melbourne, and mentioned that in my query, so.... why are you telling me about Sydney's lockdown? (I don't think that would have a great impact on the Victorian entry rules)

A quick email direct to the snowsports team, and the refund has been processed. I would have preferred not to have to go direct, but unfortunately if it works, it works.

bengarden

One of Us
Ski Pass
Feb 24, 2014
The variations on offer off the two main lifts are pretty darn good once the cover is like it is now.

Ben - i feel sorry for you if you missed yesterday - because it was absolute chalk all the way to the bottom all day.
Yes unfortunately I missed the premo Thredbo conditions. I will get there one day for a true top to bottom Pow day I've heard so much about :)

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017
Yes, cold and strong wind up top growing the drifts and cornice into life. Some really nice snow but must pick lines as the base is frozen fairly solid. Filled in amazingly.

Just enough to make you want to cry
Oh the powder and the polish

Probably one of my favourite runs

Telezacski

A Local
Ski Pass
Mar 19, 2010
Probably one of my favourite runs

If you have kicker skins (fit in the pocket) try skiing the travers from Antons to Waimea, just as it starts to kick up, about 300m from the bend in the cat track at the top of Waimea, throw the skins on and skin up behind the rocks to the left of the cat track.

This takes you to the ridge line you see when you are on Cruiser chair. Then drop in here for four or five good turns cross the cat track into Waimea, down to the little gully above the cat track from Merrits to gunbarrel, then down Ballroom and dream run.

Rinse repeat

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017
A rare treat for a Perisher person, a day at Thredbo. Skiing great and certainly worth $179. No lift lines at all. A little icy in the mid third of the mountain if looking for something to complain about. Bark chip in good shape.

PXL_20210730_011636654.jpg
That’s premium bark. Just make sure you don’t try and sneak any of that out to place around Perisher now.

VSG

Crayon Master
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Port Macquarie NSW
www.tumblr.com
A rare treat for a Perisher person, a day at Thredbo. Skiing great and certainly worth $179. No lift lines at all. A little icy in the mid third of the mountain if looking for something to complain about. Bark chip in good shape.

PXL_20210730_011636654.jpg
Be nice. That is below 1400m. No other ski hill in Oz goes that low. except some crud resort in Gipplsand... and Corin in the ACT. ;)

Reactions: telecrag and RustyJ

Telemark Phat

Pass the butter
Ski Pass
Jun 21, 2008
Jindabyne
www.telemarkphat.org
If you'd read the whole conversation, you'd realise that i'm not attempting to put in a claim.

Unlike many who work for NPWS, I know where several Burramys Parvus communities are actually located due to the several years guiding I did up there :)
You need to have a chat to Linda Broome to find out where they all are. She works for Parks.

The most recent paper on the NSW B. parvus population.

skifree

A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz
The way you turn you’d get at least 8 turns

You be pleased to know today I got 1 & 1/2 turns in. Then went soaring off the cornice lip I did not know was there. The windblown about the feet prevented any vision in that area, the first I knew of the cornice was being lowered by gravity unsupported by any terra firma thru the screen of ankle blowin in the pile below. I did not make the 2nd 1/2 of the turn, just floundered about trying not to break poles, legs and such until I could roll back uprightish.

I went to try the run again but accidentally ended up on Sponars in Lieu of Antons and so fooled about on the ice rink->sand pile, ice rink ->sand pile, repeat until trees appear. Was worn out by this time and went home.

Telezacski

A Local
Ski Pass
Mar 19, 2010
You be pleased to know today I got 1 & 1/2 turns in. Then went soaring off the cornice lip I did not know was there. The windblown about the feet prevented any vision in that area, the first I knew of the cornice was being lowered by gravity unsupported by any terra firma thru the screen of ankle blowin in the pile below. I did not make the 2nd 1/2 of the turn, just floundered about trying not to break poles, legs and such until I could roll back uprightish.

I went to try the run again but accidentally ended up on Sponars in Lieu of Antons and so fooled about on the ice rink->sand pile, ice rink ->sand pile, repeat until trees appear. Was worn out by this time and went home.
Ask @DidSurfNowSki if jumping off a cornice in Tele skis counts as acquiring “god” status, also do you need to land such acrobatic’s to qualify

• Haha
Reactions: DidSurfNowSki

scottski

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 7, 2004
Homebush NSW
I note the Tad Firm was actually sheet ice with sugar sprinkled on top. This and a jumbo jet preparing to take off blowing straight at you.
Some lovely pockets of wind blown powdery snow usually however disguising a cliff or a cat track with ice marbles on it.
Stayed on till 2:30 and considered it a good day.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass