Snow Report Thredbo 2021 Trip Reports, Pics, Updates and Conditions.

Slowman

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 10, 2016
As Thredbo has become a premium destination it may now require an additional alpine code of conduct to adequately preserve its prestige. What follows is circulated for consideration.

Premium skiers code of conduct

Abbreviations:

“LCP” - lower caste person
“IAFAPP” - invoking assistance from a powerful person
“FCM” - fashionable car of the moment
“FRM” - fashionable restaurant of the moment
“FAM” - fashionable accommodation of the moment
“Laurine” - the daughter of a premium skier
“Bartholomew” - the son of a premium skier
“Expenditure policy” - using a corporate credit card with the corporation to be placed into liquidation if payment is required

1. Travel to and from Thredbo.

- Only permitted in a FCM.
- The Road Rules do not apply to a premium skier. Any conversation with a police officer is to be concluded with an IAFAPP.

2. Parking in Thredbo.

- A true premium skier does not even contemplate their actions might inconvenience others. As such the FCM can always be parked directly outside the FAM.

3. Ski equipment

- Can only be acquired in Aspen or Zermatt using the expenditure policy.

4. Lift queues

- These are only for LCP’s

5. Priority lift gates

- It is key to the proper implementation of this code that premium skiers always assume these gates are for their exclusive use.

6. Lunch

- Only permitted at FRM’s

7. Ski races

- Organised for the sole purpose of enabling Laurine and Bartholomew to create social media posts and to win things. IAFAPP’s are to be used if it is asserted they have not won.

8. Backcountry skiing

- Now popular in Aspen and hence permitted as long as mobile phone range is maintained to enable the premium skier to demand things from LCP’s and receive inane complaints from Laurine and Bartholomew.

Sage O

Like the herb, cup ramen devotee
Ski Pass
Sep 8, 2017
Origami Hutte/Newy
Groomers still skiing beautifully this arvo
46B437B4-20A2-4B9C-A2F8-05351A34E998.jpeg

LMB

Old but definitely not Crusty!
Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
Full day.
Awesome conditions, I think I got a bit of sun today!!

High Noon was veeeerrryyy nice around lunchtime. Lotta laps.

Back to Fridays for some freestyle training this arvo. That’s starting to come together for me. I can be a total Gumby when it comes to freestyle… much mileage required. But I got some nice butters happening, and some 180s down the fall line which have always freaked me right out.

Nervous LMB…

3E212E33-18A9-459B-BBBE-1C97418188C7.jpeg

Annabuzzy

That's 'ma Lord Buzzy to you
Ski Pass
Jul 31, 2012
Sydney
Full day.

Back to Fridays for some freestyle training this arvo. That’s starting to come together for me. I can be a total Gumby when it comes to freestyle… much mileage required. But I got some nice butters happening, and some 180s down the fall line which have always freaked me right out.

Nervous LMB…

Don’t take it personally, but I hate you.

Signed
Miserable and locked down in Sydney

:p

Telemark Phat

Pass the butter
Ski Pass
Jun 21, 2008
Jindabyne
www.telemarkphat.org
Full day.

Nervous LMB…

Little scares!!!

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

JG

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 26, 2000
Sydney
Was meant to be there this weekend, for a boys weekend… :cry::cry:
Last chance for the season is the Sept school holds with the Family… finger crossed

Reactions: LMB

LMB

Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
Day off riding with best buddies today. Bluebird, warm (hoody day today), well groomed, bit solid here and there.. soft down low, but loads of fun.

It was a reasonably busy weekend, but expecting low numbers this week. A midweek for those not in lockdown and wanting lessons will be excellent value!

2BE82B6C-2959-4989-99F7-0F13283A85A3.jpeg

Telezacski

A Local
Ski Pass
Mar 19, 2010
A @skifree and a @Telezacski yesterday, didn't stop much, didn't get much photo.
G0016495.jpg
G0036597.jpg

Skied solo today, sort of, its like a disco, so many people to dance with. Saw @skifree @Kletterer and @DidSurfNowSki on Antons, but didn't have runs today. Bluff was pretty good today, did one down Cannonball, which was also OK. But it was a groomer day really.
Awesome skiing yesterday, was great to finally catch up for some turns after a few years

Kletterer

Thredbo Doughnut Tragic
Nov 26, 2014
Canberra
Great weekend . Yesterday was a primo day skiing with @telecrag , @skifree and @DidSurfNowSki . The @Telezacski clan joined the posse in the afternoon. Quite a sizable gathering at the @dawooduck Ranch last night for drinks and BBQ around the fire. Was good to catch up with Shedmaster @scottski . Excellent pistes this am for carving at speed and a tootle out to Ramshead this arvo with some mates. Couldnt ask for more. Very lucky indeed.

Telezacski

A Local
Ski Pass
Mar 19, 2010
Day off riding with best buddies today. Bluebird, warm (hoody day today), well groomed, bit solid here and there.. soft down low, but loads of fun.

It was a reasonably busy weekend, but expecting low numbers this week. A midweek for those not in lockdown and wanting lessons will be excellent value!

2BE82B6C-2959-4989-99F7-0F13283A85A3.jpeg
I reckon we must of crossed paths six or seven times today, I recognise your crew, I’m pretty sure you followed my son down playground and then passed us entering the park, your friend on the end didn’t want to go ahead

Telezacski

A Local
Ski Pass
Mar 19, 2010
Great weekend . Yesterday was a primo day skiing with @telecrag , @skifree and @DidSurfNowSki . The @Telezacski joined the posse in the afternoon. Quite a sizable gathering at the @dawooduck Ranch last night for drinks and BBQ around the fire. Was good to catch up with Shedmaster @scottski . Excellent pistes this am for carving at speed and a tootle out to Ramshead this arvo with some mates. Couldnt ask for more. Very lucky indeed.
Lots of pistes last night as well!

thanks @dawooduck for the invite and the inspiration, may be the most expensive dinner I ever have

LMB

Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
I reckon we must of crossed paths six or seven times today, I recognise your crew, I’m pretty sure you followed my son down playground and then passed us entering the park, your friend on the end didn’t want to go ahead
Ahhh yeah, likely.
The crew stopped often to wait for the slower friends we met up there. The 2 guys on skis. Girls on boards. Gal friend on the end is a timid boarder - would’ve let others go ahead for sure. Actually I was letting traffic go also, needed a bit of clear piste to practice very iffy 180s LOL

Reactions: Telezacski

Telezacski

A Local
Ski Pass
Mar 19, 2010
Ahhh yeah, likely.
The crew stopped often to wait for the slower friends we met up there. The 2 guys on skis. Girls on boards. Gal friend on the end is a timid boarder - would’ve let others go ahead for sure. Actually I was letting traffic go also, needed a bit of clear piste to practice very iffy 180s LOL
Yeah 100% it was her, we had a quick chat,

• Love
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass