Snow Report Thredbo 2021 Trip Reports, Pics, Updates and Conditions.

Boutros

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 14, 2012
Jindabyne
Wow, Candlelight doing an amazing deal on beers atm, getting rid of the stock they bought in for winter, 20 500ml bottles for $60, get on it anyone who can! Just saw it on Jindy NB.
Saw that and pounced. Surely this will make lockdown more bearable...

D34E085D-09D6-42FB-A6A9-2283530A534E.jpeg

gareth_oau

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Dec 27, 2008
Canning Vale, Perth
I havent looked at the cams for a shoert while and was a bit surprised by this just taken

FF.PNG

I am surprised given there's still over 3 weeks to the typical end of season weekend.

I'm curious if Thredbo has hed less snow than typical, or does it look like this as they havement bothered to maintain with mnmade and grooming, and this would otherwise by normal?

Reactions: Alleve and skull

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
I havent looked at the cams for a shoert while and was a bit surprised by this just taken

FF.PNG

I am surprised given there's still over 3 weeks to the typical end of season weekend.

I'm curious if Thredbo has hed less snow than typical, or does it look like this as they havement bothered to maintain with mnmade and grooming, and this would otherwise by normal?

If they don't make snow on FF there is very little snow on FF.

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017

FF.PNG

I believe FF is below the natural snow line so unless they are pumping the man made and spreading it around it goes away very quickly

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Sage O

Like the herb, cup ramen devotee
Ski Pass
Sep 8, 2017
Origami Hutte/Newy

FF.PNG

Looked pretty much exactly the same this time last year

VSG

Crayon Master
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Port Macquarie NSW
www.tumblr.com

FF.PNG

Very standard. Pre snow making, there would be only grass in mid Sept,

VSG

Crayon Master
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Port Macquarie NSW
www.tumblr.com
True. I remember High Noon's lower section being bare. Catching the Merritts double chair out of the gully, kind of makeshift mid station on load.... skis on shoulders, ready to run off the chair at VT

Reactions: Alleve

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
The melt has been unusually pronounced this year, both in late August and September. Combination of very warm temperatures, wind and some rain. It is not just down low either, really noticeable up high now as well.
Last year was the fastest I can remember, the pack was isothermic and just never froze up. Even faster than the thick dust years.

Telemark Phat

Pass the butter
Ski Pass
Jun 21, 2008
Jindabyne
www.telemarkphat.org
It is interesting as

I think this year is similar, straight from winter to summer
I used to love spring skiing while I was at school. I remember plenty of springs where Snowgums was loading at Bunny Walk and Crackenack/Kosci were loading at Meadows / Mid or Kareela. Our perceptions hae been altered by 17-19 being good seasons and modern snow making and snow farming.

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
I used to love spring skiing while I was at school. I remember plenty of springs where Snowgums was loading at Bunny Walk and Crackenack/Kosci were loading at Meadows / Mid or Kareela. Our perceptions hae been altered by 17-19 being good seasons and modern snow making and snow farming.

I concour, doesn't appear to get a chance to really corn up. I recall clockwork days of sparkling corn harvest.

Rally

Hard Yards
Jun 11, 2020
Thredbo will be reopening for skiing and snowboarding from this Saturday September 18 and operating through until Sunday October 3. Operating lifts will include the Kosciuszko Express chairlift, Cruiser chairlift, Merritts Gondola, Basin T-Bar and Antons T-Bar.
:cheers:

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
Envy those that can use it! Be awesome, literally no one, I mean I was there on a weekday, when you still had Canberra, and there was no one.

Enjoy it, most locals I know bought a P pass, even ones that skied Thredbo for 30 years, they were so pissed off, I reckon FV will get a workout, while those lucky enough at Thredbo will be skiing fresh cord all day!

nick12

One of Us
May 30, 2005
NSW
I notice they mention top to bottom on the super trail in the Insta post. How is the lower ST holding up? All the cams on that side seem to be switched off.

Reactions: Alleve

Townsend

One of Us
Ski Pass
Mar 28, 2014
I notice they mention top to bottom on the super trail in the Insta post. How is the lower ST holding up? All the cams on that side seem to be switched off.
Skiable at the moment but narrow. Will not need many people or much rain.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass