Snow Report Thredbo 2021 Trip Reports, Pics, Updates and Conditions.

AWJ

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 8, 1999
Canberra
653795116.jpg

Ramshead

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 5, 2006
Sydney
Premium. Even the slush ribbon below Bunny Walk is probs skiing well. Up high must be seriously tasty

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Townsend

One of Us
Ski Pass
Mar 28, 2014
I must admit having lost five weeks out of an expensive season pass, albeit most of it not Thredbo’s fault, I would hope that Thredbo offers some recompense for ST holders either over summer or next winter.

Mr. Mook

One of Us
May 21, 2001
Macquarie Fields, NSW
It's not only Australia, I was reading an article a couple of years ago about snowmaking in Europe, they showed a resort in Switzerland that would be closed if not for snowmaking.
One of my searches for information during 2020 lead me to an index of live streaming cameras from around the world that was run by an Italian based site.
Being in Italy the vast majority of the cameras were of course Italian.
A lot of those cameras were at ski resorts.
There was only 1 resort from the dozens I found that had no snowmaking - and that was a very small place that only had 2 t-bars servicing a snowfield at the Stelvio Pass on the Liviro glacier that has snow cover and skiing 365 days a year.

Reactions: skifree

Formally_FS04

Hard Yards
Sep 13, 2021
I must admit having lost five weeks out of an expensive season pass, albeit most of it not Thredbo’s fault, I would hope that Thredbo offers some recompense for ST holders either over summer or next winter.

LOL don't get your hopes up on that! Thredbo are the masters of ripping off the consumer, always have been and always will be. Bunch of old #$%%^$%^

Reactions: Arne

Billy_Buttons

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Mar 25, 2011
Aaarrrgghhh .... its chronically bad form to have MTB berms on ski runs that don't have reliable snow depth to fill them in during the ski season.
From memory, didn't they used to fill them with hay bales before Winter?

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
A lot of the design has been changed, so most berms now are off any main runs, in the trees. But there are still some on DR, and a few other spots.

Reactions: Alleve
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass