Snow Report Thredbo 2021 Trip Reports, Pics, Updates and Conditions.

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
A lot of the design has been changed, so most berms now are off any main runs, in the trees. But there are still some on DR, and a few other spots.

Criss Cross Super trail/Village trail towards the bottom. HN skier left, the intrusions on runs are increasing.

Sure it's "early season conditions" at the btm but the berms are bloody dangerous.

Anyway, stayed high and had some great turns. Lower Frank's was lovely linked turns in boot deep fresh, Waimea, Powder Bowl, Merrits, Antons, Lennys, Bluff, Kosi fall line with side shots, Cannonball top, Sponars Rock, a couple of obscure shrubbery entry lines, really good to top of Rossi race course level.

Will take the skins tomorrow :thumbs:

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
From powder to chowder ...... lovely Basin groomer early fun, a bit of a trundle, a picnic, mexican fog rolls in, some turns of solitude, back to Gloop Hill and a gondola ride down. Spring time before lunch.

20210922_105329.jpg
20210922_111120.jpg
20210922_112248.jpg

Last edited:

BlueHue

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 17, 2003
South of Cooma
Criss Cross Super trail/Village trail towards the bottom. HN skier left, the intrusions on runs are increasing.

Sure it's "early season conditions" at the btm but the berms are bloody dangerous.

Anyway, stayed high and had some great turns. Lower Frank's was lovely linked turns in boot deep fresh, Waimea, Powder Bowl, Merrits, Antons, Lennys, Bluff, Kosi fall line with side shots, Cannonball top, Sponars Rock, a couple of obscure shrubbery entry lines, really good to top of Rossi race course level.

Will take the skins tomorrow :thumbs:
Plant out the lower mtn, mid stations on the new lifts around current Meadows/Bunny Walk. Maintain just a couple of ski runouts for top to bottom when snow is on and seperate these runs from lower mtn areas with mtn bike trails.

Going forward 1500-1600m plus for skiing (with some well planned mtn bike trails in places with minimal impact on ski runs to get some length into a few lines), below almost exclusively for more intense mtn biking trail network outside of winter - use the existing exotic grassed areas that are to be reforested to create more diverse and downhilly downhill trails without disturbing native veg. With no snowmaking in the lower mtn areas used for mtn biking mtn bike trails might dry out earlier making for a longer mtn bike season kicking off in October from Snowgums mid station down.

As for High Noon, turn it into a glade and make Dream Run the ski out ;)

Reactions: Jonathan_P

Jonathan_P

One of Us
Ski Pass
Dec 22, 2018
Season highlight video published early.

“With world-class snow conditions, a series of brand new on-mountain experiences, and a vibe in the village like nowhere else…”

Market spin for don’t expect cheap lift tickets & season passes next year :)

Hopefully next year we can have a ski here, all things going to plan.

fenrir

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 23, 2010
Season highlight video published early.

“With world-class snow conditions, a series of brand new on-mountain experiences, and a vibe in the village like nowhere else…”

Market spin for don’t expect cheap lift tickets & season passes next year :)

Hopefully next year we can have a ski here, all things going to plan.
I'd love it if they at least published a price to allow planning.

Yeah yeah I know if you have to ask...

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017
Seems to be a lack of social distancing from the photos I’m seeing of merrits

hongomania

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2006
Melbourne
I was looking at those, but couldn't say no to the FIS SL, wanted that short (12.4m) radius

Laser would be great for Thredbo pistes

Kletterer

Thredbo Doughnut Tragic
Nov 26, 2014
Canberra

Untele-whippet

beard stroker
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 2006
Blue Mtns, 1100M.
Goodbye Thredbo . Short lived but much great skiing was had . Thanks to all the folks I skied with or had a yarn with on the hill @DidSurfNowSki , @dawooduck clan ,@telecrag ,@skifree @Telezacski and family, @LaNeige ,@scottski clan @skull et al, @LMB . Really missed you this year @Untele-whippet. Was also hoping to catch up with Muzza- hopefully next year .
Get a MTB bro.
Hopefully this coming green season will be grouse. A coupla new tracks on the hill, hopefully will be good.
You know you want to!
Or maybe catch up for some vertical fun closer to home perchance.

scottski

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 7, 2004
Homebush NSW
Get a MTB bro.
Hopefully this coming green season will be grouse. A coupla new tracks on the hill, hopefully will be good.
You know you want to!
Or maybe catch up for some vertical fun closer to home perchance.
Hopefully by this time next year Scottski will have finished building his mountain bike track at home. All welcome to come and play.
Meanwhile, the snows of Canada beckons.

Annabuzzy

That's 'ma Lord Buzzy to you
Ski Pass
Jul 31, 2012
Sydney
So over at Perisher I can now start planning for next year and lock in next year’s season pass. This is also important because of the associated lift ticket discounts overseas - the lift ticket here is pretty influential where I go over summer

Thredbo? Hello?

Reactions: Alleve

kiter

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 21, 2002
Newcastle
So over at Perisher I can now start planning for next year and lock in next year’s season pass. This is also important because of the associated lift ticket discounts overseas - the lift ticket here is pretty influential where I go over summer

Thredbo? Hello?

No chance

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains

Thredbo? Hello?

So "associated lift tickets overseas" for the 22/23 season with an Epic pass you will pay for in May 22 .....

I mean if "associated lift tickets overseas" was important for the 21/22 overseas season you would already have an Ikon and an Epic pass.

Annabuzzy

That's 'ma Lord Buzzy to you
Ski Pass
Jul 31, 2012
Sydney
So "associated lift tickets overseas" for the 22/23 season with an Epic pass you will pay for in May 22 .....

I mean if "associated lift tickets overseas" was important for the 21/22 overseas season you would already have an Ikon and an Epic pass.
Mountain Collective?

Aren‘t you a thredbo employee? Surely you’re aware of key benefits of the passes on Offer by your employer? If you’re not, you should find out.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass