Snow Report Thredbo 2021 Trip Reports, Pics, Updates and Conditions.

fenrir

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 23, 2010
If it is going to be $1600 for adults the mountain collective pass in theory could be worth a look in. Two days (+one for your home mountain) and then 50% off. If you do two weeks or less you could* come out ahead.

* assuming you can actually book your 50% off days with the reservation system

Anyone able to comment on how that worked last year?

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017
Because from the 27th till end of April I’m out field with limited to no Internet access I’m tempted to enroll the kids in st Moritz this year so at least I’ll have them booked into a program and will be able to get them passes.

then the wife and I can just run day tickets or I’ll head up DHG

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
If it is going to be $1600 for adults the mountain collective pass in theory could be worth a look in. Two days (+one for your home mountain) and then 50% off. If you do two weeks or less you could* come out ahead.

* assuming you can actually book your 50% off days with the reservation system

Anyone able to comment on how that worked last year?
For Ikon at least it was an application form. I didn’t test it as I deferred mine. It all looked too hard.

Reactions: skifree

fenrir

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 23, 2010
For Ikon at least it was an application form. I didn’t test it as I deferred mine. It all looked too hard.
As in for a refund after paying full price or a physical form with requested dates?

Untele-whippet

beard stroker
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 2006
Blue Mtns, 1100M.
2DA79D74-7539-4D2F-AFC5-B9567EAA00AC.jpeg
2600BB69-8FF1-4FF2-8F78-719E28FC30F3.jpeg

@telecrag on hover bike

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017
So the st Moritz price for kids season passes was wrong.

we've received a call from Thredbo this morning - they have to revise the price of the St Moritz child's season pass to $829.

Reactions: nezumi

skimax

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Jul 25, 2000
Melbourne Australia
Yeah on top of COVID, the meagre coverage, lack of season pass issues etc, the lack of snowmaking last really was a gratuitous punch in the dick wasn't it.
hmm really , when a businesses revenue is down over 50% or so id be turning the snowmaking off early as opposed to not turning up next year, plus the very unfavorable weather round then anyway to make any , then you guys would really have something to whinge about.

Reactions: Alleve

nezumi

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 28, 2009
Melbourne
hmm really , when a businesses revenue is down over 50% or so id be turning the snowmaking off early as opposed to not turning up next year, plus the very unfavorable weather round then anyway to make any , then you guys would really have something to whinge about.

That argument might have merit if Thredbo wasn't one of the most profitable business areas for Event this past year.

Reactions: fenrir

Telezacski

A Local
Ski Pass
Mar 19, 2010

except the snow making wasn’t turned off it failed due to issues with the system which could be argued were a direct lack of investment in the maintenance. Yes the current board are paying for the past board sins.

That argument might have merit if Thredbo wasn't one of the most profitable business areas for Event this past year.

Not exactly tough competition when the other business are two of the most effected industries in cinema and hotels

Reactions: LaNeige and Alleve
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass