Snow Report Thredbo 2021 Trip Reports, Pics, Updates and Conditions.

Annabuzzy

That's 'ma Lord Buzzy to you
Ski Pass
Jul 31, 2012
Sydney
Haha

POL is the area between Conrods and Sponar Rock, usually involves a bit of threading wind drifts together, with plate glass between. With frozen sastrugi.
Not at the new Thredbo. It will be a premium world class experience with boot top to knee deep powder most days.

It will become the “valley of sighs”, as the punters all sigh at the sight of yet more perfect snow

skifree

A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz
Not at the new Thredbo. It will be a premium world class experience with boot top to knee deep powder most days.

It will become the “valley of sighs”, as the punters all sigh at the sight of yet more perfect snow
If this is where i think it is it’s true name is Valle de Core Shot.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

crackson

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 20, 2006
Sport and Rec have places at only $450 per night if you can't afford Thredbo.

And they'll have the bmx track finished and operating in just another 10years.

Reactions: climberman

Annabuzzy

Ski Pass
Jul 31, 2012
Sydney
You can always rent a “premium” car, buy up on expensive clothes and haircut, consume vast amounts of champagne and cocaine and then be so buzzed you won’t feel the cold when sleeping in your car. You might even find your way into a divorcee’s bed for the night.

Fake it till you make it.

scottski

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 7, 2004
Homebush NSW
You can always rent a “premium” car, buy up on expensive clothes and haircut, consume vast amounts of champagne and cocaine and then be so buzzed you won’t feel the cold when sleeping in your car. You might even find your way into a divorcee’s bed for the night.

Fake it till you make it.
You can never fake the school you attended Buzzy.

Annabuzzy

Ski Pass
Jul 31, 2012
Sydney
You can never fake the school you attended Buzzy.
Without revealing too much about myself, a guy I grew up with and great mate (then) who went to a State School has appropriated my past as part of his professional background. He claims to have gone to my school when he didn’t. Claims to have been in a number of school sporting teams (the ones I was in) when he wasn’t ever particularly good at those sports, and obviously wasn’t at the school anyway. He’s gone on to be pretty successful so he does seem to have faked the private school thing!

He’s not quite single white female as we’ve barely been in touch for 20 or more years but he’s sure borrowed my life lol

climberman

CloudRide1000 Legend
Ski Pass
Jul 24, 2000
the sunny illawarra
Without revealing too much about myself, a guy a grew up with and great mate (then) who went to a State School has appropriated my past as part of his professional background. He claims to have gone to my school when he didn’t. Claims to have been in a number of school sporting teams (the ones I was in) when he wasn’t ever particularly good at those sports, and obviously wasn’t at the school anyway. He’s gone on to be pretty successful so he does seem to have faked the private school thing!

He’s not quite single white female as we’ve barely been in touch for 20 or more years but he’s sure borrowed my life lol
Whoah , that’s bizarre!

Snow Blowey

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Jan 7, 2004
Dubbo NSW
Without revealing too much about myself, a guy a grew up with and great mate (then) who went to a State School has appropriated my past as part of his professional background. He claims to have gone to my school when he didn’t. Claims to have been in a number of school sporting teams (the ones I was in) when he wasn’t ever particularly good at those sports, and obviously wasn’t at the school anyway. He’s gone on to be pretty successful so he does seem to have faked the private school thing!

I think this says more about the people that judge someone on the basis of what school they attended 30 years ago, sports played 30 years ago etc.. than the person that lies about it. I mean - if he can fake it, then did you actually gain any special attributes from your past? I say good on him for playing these fools at their own game.

climberman

CloudRide1000 Legend
Ski Pass
Jul 24, 2000
the sunny illawarra
I think this says more about the people that judge someone on the basis of what school they attended 30 years ago, sports played 30 years ago etc.. than the person that lies about it. I mean - if he can fake it, then did you actually gain any special attributes from your past? I say good on him for playing these fools at their own game.
He'll also likely come up against someone who attended that year and goes .. hmmm, that's weird...

Annabuzzy

Ski Pass
Jul 31, 2012
Sydney
He'll also likely come up against someone who attended that year and goes .. hmmm, that's weird...
Yep.

I’m pretty sure I’ve never even exaggerated my experience - it will destroy your credibility.

Which reminds me of a woman I know who faked a law degree. Some time ago now her (then) new boss, also a friend, saw her fake academic record and, being familiar with the law school, saw a subject which just didn’t exist. She checked with the uni and with her suspicion confirmed, confronted the employee who was an ex-employee by the end of the meeting.

This person still sails very close to the wind in representing she has a law degree. She doesn’t outright assert it any more, but the structure of her CV infers it.

Reactions: climberman

Adam_P

Hard Yards
Jun 22, 2018
Hi regulars, apologies for the random question...

My daughter is doing an assignment on the impact of summer tourism on KNP and surrounding towns. She is on a road trip to Jindy, Thredbo, etc gathering some info. Does anyone know how she might get in contact with the Thredbo MTB management team. I suggested asking the info desk at Valley Terminal if anyone was available to meet with her, but knowing how hit and miss that could be a busy school holiday period, I was wondering if anyone had any better ideas. I don't actually know where Thredbo management offices are located (maybe up stairs at Valley Terminal or upstairs at information centre??).

scottski

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 7, 2004
Homebush NSW
Yep.

I’m pretty sure I’ve never even exaggerated my experience - it will destroy your credibility.

Which reminds me of a woman I know who faked a law degree. Some time ago now her (then) new boss, also a friend, saw her fake academic record and, being familiar with the law school, saw a subject which just didn’t exist. She checked with the uni and with her suspicion confirmed, confronted the employee who was an ex-employee by the end of the meeting.

This person still sails very close to the wind in representing she has a law degree. She doesn’t outright assert it any more, but the structure of her CV infers it.
I like striking off real
Lawyers. Fake ones are too easy.

Reactions: Annabuzzy

Telemark Phat

Pass the butter
Ski Pass
Jun 21, 2008
Jindabyne
www.telemarkphat.org

My daughter is doing an assignment on the impact of summer tourism on KNP and surrounding towns. She is on a road trip to Jindy, Thredbo, etc gathering some info. Does anyone know how she might get in contact with the Thredbo MTB management team. I suggested asking the info desk at Valley Terminal if anyone was available to meet with her, but knowing how hit and miss that could be a busy school holiday period, I was wondering if anyone had any better ideas. I don't actually know where Thredbo management offices are located (maybe up stairs at Valley Terminal or upstairs at information centre??).
What impacts is she interested in?

Annabuzzy

Ski Pass
Jul 31, 2012
Sydney

I’d definitely make an appointment ahead of time. You can’t just roll up! :)

She should phone or email or both and book in some time. I’m sure someone would be pleased to meet her.

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
@Adam_P Dan is the man, he manages the MTB section, they are in VT, Id just tell her to either ring and make a time, or bust on in and ask when he has a spare moment.

Reactions: crackson

Adam_P

Hard Yards
Jun 22, 2018
@Adam_P Dan is the man, he manages the MTB section, they are in VT, Id just tell her to either ring and make a time, or bust on in and ask when he has a spare moment.

Thanks all. She was planning on looking at impacts on economy, environment and society (based on some feedback I heard after today's meetings at Jindy, I get the feeling that might be to broad a topic). Will get her to try and get in contact with Dan during the course of tomorrow.

KylePee

Cage rattler
Ski Pass
Feb 10, 2012
Jumped the wall to Mexico
Thanks all. She was planning on looking at impacts on economy, environment and society (based on some feedback I heard after today's meetings at Jindy, I get the feeling that might be to broad a topic). Will get her to try and get in contact with Dan during the course of tomorrow.
I assume she has also looked at both the EVT annual reports, and the shareholder presentations? These have some numbers and information which will be possible to cite in an assignment

Telezacski

A Local
Ski Pass
Mar 19, 2010

apparently Jindy and Thredbo etc are a combined economic zone and one of 9 in NSW that are being promoted for various reasons, the snowies on tourism and the growth in summer.

There is some info here
https://www.planning.nsw.gov.au/Pla...s/Snowy-Mountains-Special-Activation-Precinct

if she researched this she may find some useful numbers.

Reactions: Adam_P
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass