Snow Report Thredbo 2021 Trip Reports, Pics, Updates and Conditions.

Scoober

One of Us
May 12, 2014
Gosford
1195D978-D27C-469A-BF0D-A44430D2545C.jpeg

@dawooduck breakfast challenge. I went for view, over food and beverage choice. It was a 3am red eye direct from gosford!!

jabiru

One of Us
Jul 16, 2002
Melbourne
Apologies for being a bit slow but just started looking for the High Noon cam now season underway ,,,it is no more ? why why why

LMB

Old but definitely not Crusty!
Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
Apologies for being a bit slow but just started looking for the High Noon cam now season underway ,,,it is no more ? why why why
High Noon is a go
Was on it when the thunder snow hit.

Fantastic morning, but the afternoon was a tad wet. Another tireded out bear.

Happy Thredbo!!
My drying cupboard is now working hard, but I’m chilling’.

No pics from me today.

LMB

Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
LMB you must still be on the high, Id say it was OK, good for this time of season! Made my legs hurt.
Ha ha!!
True that!

I think my assessment needs to be taken in the context of it being the first week of a Thredbo season. How many years do we not even get High Noon yet... they had the top section skiers left groomed today, and it was riding well.

Yes, a few patches of brown here and there, and anything off the groomers was decidedly yuk.

My legs hurt too, but way less than yesterday!

skimax

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Jul 25, 2000
Melbourne Australia
High Noon is a go
Was on it when the thunder snow hit.

Fantastic morning, but the afternoon was a tad wet. Another tireded out bear.

Happy Thredbo!!
My drying cupboard is now working hard, but I’m chilling’.

No pics from me today.
Awesome LMB assume you are there for the season?? Lucky you well done !

Reactions: sastrugi and LMB

LMB

Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
Awesome LMB assume you are there for the season?? Lucky you well done !
Yep. Feeling pretty fortunate to be able to hang out on a chairlift in the rain, and pick a line around the brown patches right now :thumbs:

Last few days have actually been training, and while the bod is worn out at the end of the day the little wins in technique are worth getting wet, and tired. Especially after a 15 month hiatus (bloody Covid).

linked_recoveries

One of Us
May 13, 2015
Sydney CBD
Last year I watched a guy try eight or ten times to click into his bindings, right in front of that camera. He just couldn't get one foot to click. In the end he just picked them up and started walking down the hill. It was really frustrating just watching on the camera. Had to fight the urge to yell "clean the snow off your boot sole, dammit!".

I also have some screen shots of a guy with a speed riding parachute trying to get lift off down that first run at High Noon. That was a little odd. He never quite managed to get it to fly properly, let alone getting into the air.

jabiru

One of Us
Jul 16, 2002
Melbourne
yes you see all sorts of stuff with people coming and going to Frostbite ,, i still can not see it on this site though , no window comes up with the other Thredbo cams ?

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017
Work is interfering with my next two weekends. I can't sneak down this weekend but next I might possibly try to remote from the thredbo car park. Just got to work out the logistics, may need my laptop for a few hours any longer than that I will need to plug it in to external power.

linked_recoveries

One of Us
May 13, 2015
Sydney CBD
Did he die?
I've heard people die regularly doing this at Thredbo

Not on the top bit of High Noon (at least). He may have struggled a little more on the steep bit.

The speed rider was very likely to die if he ever got airborne. The prevailing breeze was quickly going to drive him into the shrubbery to the left of shot.

Jonathan_P

One of Us
Ski Pass
Dec 22, 2018
Work is interfering with my next two weekends. I can't sneak down this weekend but next I might possibly try to remote from the thredbo car park. Just got to work out the logistics, may need my laptop for a few hours any longer than that I will need to plug it in to external power.
Power Bank :)

Reactions: skull

hipo

One off
Ski Pass
Jun 23, 2011
Back to here and there
Visit to an electronic store for a 12v power adaptor via the ciggie lighter outlet
EDIT:
Correct link is

(Thanks @Chookfooter )

Chookfooter

Cranky Curmudgeon
Ski Pass
May 11, 2020
Might want to go a pure sine wave inverter if you’re plugging you laptop in
It's only a driving a switched mode power supply which converts it to dc, they aren't too fussy about the input supply. Hipo's suggestion is also a good one, but for the same dollars I would go for the inverter as it can be used for any 240v low power appliance.

sastrugi

I Can't Explain
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2001
Taungurung Country
Why remote from the car park? I'd be plugging in in by the fire the Lounge Bar for a couple of hours :cool:

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017
Why remote from the car park? I'd be plugging in in by the fire the Lounge Bar for a couple of hours :cool:
I thought about that but this is for Army Reserves and I will need camera on occasionally and I am meant to be wearing my uniform when on camera (although it will only be my uniform top.)

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass