Snow Report Thredbo 2021 Trip Reports, Pics, Updates and Conditions.

MisterMxyzptlk

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Mar 12, 2002
D37771CB-E939-490E-AA7E-252A72EF30D9.jpeg
B8C5CF5D-6764-4F7A-AA85-BD2CED4ED74B.jpeg
so nice
I could happily do that all day bumping in and out of the trees

Reactions: skull

Arne

One of Us
Feb 7, 2011
Northern Beaches
Easily the best day of the season (all six days of them). Cold, winter snow, little drifting.
A bit of a switch of a wind direction this arvo with clouds accumulating and a snow shower or three.
Another 10-15cms and people may just start poaching.

LMB

Old but definitely not Crusty!
Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
59A7D580-38BF-43B2-8B32-CE3274D3FADD.jpeg

I accidentally posted this in the oversnow thread - my brain must be totally fried :p

Anyway, what a beautiful morning. Lovely to see a little bit of snow overnight with more in the forecast. Some nice wind blown to play about in this morning.

LMB

Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
9ECCE80B-860A-408D-BD00-43CD3A552CB8.jpeg
56C53076-C5EF-4337-95C9-880D07BA587F.jpeg
D8D0F5AB-20A2-4616-ACC9-B4033413DDEA.jpeg

good morning, high noon was a treat first thing. We’re done now, allow all the premium premium pass holders into the village.
Lovely pics @Scoober - come back soon!!

I’ve had an off mountain day today. Wet wet wet this arvo in Thredbo but it’s cold so I’m hoping that’s some nice fresh cover up top filling in nicely for tomorrow.

Ramshead

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 5, 2006
Sydney
Hey all, just wanted to add a few thoughts after yesterday's one-day dash from Syd to ski da Bo. Like I said, Ballroom into Dream Run was the pick. Snowmaking on Dream Run really makes a diff, providing an option to High Noon which few take. It was great before lunch, cushiony dry bumps that were only slightly icy on the underside, and if you got thru that bad 100m, the lower half was surprisingly fun among the woollybutt trees. Then in the arvo, High Noon had thawed from its snap frozen morning self and was absolutely the place to be.

This was my first day at T with the Gondy. To me it made bugger all diff except to make a quicker run up the mtn from my lodge in the village. But if snow cover was later season,. I'd just use Kosci. Still, I can it's a great asset. I love how it has small unobtrusive top and bottom stations with the big ugly shed hidden among trees at mid station. V clever design.

My only other comment, and it's pretty unhinged, is that you would have to be something approaching mentally challenged to prefer Perisher in marginal June conditions. How can you beat 420m vert two different ways off Gunbarrel? Even The Cruiser's 220m vert is double that of Leichhardt Quad, which is deadset a run of about 12 turns. I often ski Perisher in second half of Sept or even early Oct because Mt P and Sun Valley is better than a struggling Antons and Sponars and mega slush IMO. But at this time of year, midweek, with a little fresh snow and reasonable coverage thx to snowmaking, Thredbo has the goods by far. Sheesh, I even poached a few freshies under ropes here n there , and even on the side of upper dream run, early yesterday.

Anyway the world is weird and people are strange and the snow was really nice yesterday, which is great, as I had a 36 hour window between Wed work and Fri work and it was a massive effort to drive from Syd and back the week after I finished a god damn mega project I've been working round the clock on for months. Next time, whenever the heck that is, I hope to catch up and make a few turns with some of the crew here, incl Duck and Myazma and the Teles and whoever. Onyas all!

LMB

Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
Hows it taken 4 years to get to sentencing from the original incident?
Based on recent experience within my extended family the wheels of justice turn incredibly slowly.

Reactions: Alleve

Ramshead

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 5, 2006
Sydney
The typos in that story are embarrassing. Example: it says Kosciuszko's Thredbo when it means Kosciuszko Thredbo's. Just a complete failure by the journo to understand there is a business entity called Kosciuszko Thredbo. Tragically the story is by AAP. What happens when you close and restart a media wire service with half the staff and no good subeditors

Kletterer

Thredbo Doughnut Tragic
Nov 26, 2014
Canberra
High Noon was a bit ordinary today. Ok in the AM but boring soft sugar after lunch when the precip came in. Dream Run suffered badly as the day progressed. Pic of the day was the off piste around Playground into lower The Bowl. Some crusty chunks underneath that require a bit of thought and extra effort but some great sections of untracked. This arvos fresh was the icing on the cake.

Billy_Buttons

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Mar 25, 2011
High Noon was a bit ordinary today. Ok in the AM but boring soft sugar after lunch when the precip came in. Dream Run suffered badly as the day progressed. Pic of the day was the off piste around Playground into lower The Bowl. Some crusty chunks underneath that require a bit of thought and extra effort but some great sections of untracked. This arvos fresh was the icing on the cake.
Very minimum grooming going on atm, so they don't add to the destruction

Reactions: crackson

Snow Blowey

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Jan 7, 2004
Dubbo NSW
Hey all, just wanted to add a few thoughts after yesterday's one-day dash from Syd to ski da Bo. Like I said, Ballroom into Dream Run was the pick. Snowmaking on Dream Run really makes a diff, providing an option to High Noon which few take. It was great before lunch, cushiony dry bumps that were only slightly icy on the underside, and if you got thru that bad 100m, the lower half was surprisingly fun among the woollybutt trees. Then in the arvo, High Noon had thawed from its snap frozen morning self and was absolutely the place to be.

This was my first day at T with the Gondy. To me it made bugger all diff except to make a quicker run up the mtn from my lodge in the village. But if snow cover was later season,. I'd just use Kosci. Still, I can it's a great asset. I love how it has small unobtrusive top and bottom stations with the big ugly shed hidden among trees at mid station. V clever design.

My only other comment, and it's pretty unhinged, is that you would have to be something approaching mentally challenged to prefer Perisher in marginal June conditions. How can you beat 420m vert two different ways off Gunbarrel? Even The Cruiser's 220m vert is double that of Leichhardt Quad, which is deadset a run of about 12 turns. I often ski Perisher in second half of Sept or even early Oct because Mt P and Sun Valley is better than a struggling Antons and Sponars and mega slush IMO. But at this time of year, midweek, with a little fresh snow and reasonable coverage thx to snowmaking, Thredbo has the goods by far. Sheesh, I even poached a few freshies under ropes here n there , and even on the side of upper dream run, early yesterday.

Anyway the world is weird and people are strange and the snow was really nice yesterday, which is great, as I had a 36 hour window between Wed work and Fri work and it was a massive effort to drive from Syd and back the week after I finished a god damn mega project I've been working round the clock on for months. Next time, whenever the heck that is, I hope to catch up and make a few turns with some of the crew here, incl Duck and Myazma and the Teles and whoever. Onyas all!

Thredbo shouldn't even be open. There is hardly any snow at Friday flat. All the bark is showing.

Arne

One of Us
Feb 7, 2011
Northern Beaches
Spring boxes and tower pads being put onto Antons yesterday when we stopped at Frostbite for a B and E roll and coffee. Also three groomers parked on Antons loading area.

Above 1800m there has been a continuous accumulation but without the traditional high altitude drifting of snow so they can build a track.

If the sun comes out today I'll see if they let me up the Kosi with my touring gear.

I'm hesitating at skiing in the resort today. It'll only last 2 or 3 runs but have organised an 8am bus stop rendezvous.

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
Hey @LMB that wasn't you that said hello to me at the top of the steep on HN the other day was it?

Ive been trying to work out who that was! Not used to ski gear recognition!

Reactions: crackson

LMB

Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
Hey @LMB that wasn't you that said hello to me at the top of the steep on HN the other day was it?

Ive been trying to work out who that was! Not used to ski gear recognition!
Dunno. I say hello to peeps all the time. I did think I spotted you at some stage, but can’t remember where. My brain is overloaded at the moment! In civvies I’m in all black. Navy blue helmet. I’ll be in the red suit tomorrow, but likely hanging out among the wood chips ;)

Brained myself avoiding a falling cannonball this arvo at Cruiser. Caught a heel edge in the slush being evasive - doh!!!

Pretty rainbows today
0C27F367-D42D-4734-8CA7-695BC2C505FE.jpeg

But a fair bit of snow damage...
9262E988-2EC9-4243-9FF8-87EA56DAA950.jpeg

The Easy Does It park closed all the jumps - they looked totally different to 2 days ago when we were training on them. Was sad to see.

Come on Winter - do ya thing!!
:emoji_snowflake:

DidSurfNowSki

One of them
Ski Pass
Jan 19, 2014
Canberra, ACT
Dunno. I say hello to peeps all the time. I did think I spotted you at some stage, but can’t remember where. My brain is overloaded at the moment! In civvies I’m in all black. Navy blue helmet. I’ll be in the red suit tomorrow, but likely hanging out among the wood chips ;)

Brained myself avoiding a falling cannonball this arvo at Cruiser. Caught a heel edge in the slush being evasive - doh!!!

Pretty rainbows today
0C27F367-D42D-4734-8CA7-695BC2C505FE.jpeg

But a fair bit of snow damage...
9262E988-2EC9-4243-9FF8-87EA56DAA950.jpeg

The Easy Does It park closed all the jumps - they looked totally different to 2 days ago when we were training on them. Was sad to see.

Come on Winter - do ya thing!!
:emoji_snowflake:
Nice looking wood chips, premium quality! ;)

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass