Snow Report Thredbo 2021 Trip Reports, Pics, Updates and Conditions.

AWJ

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 8, 1999
Canberra
Michaels a bit tracked out. Still soft and fun.

High noon fast as f. Holding up incredibly well with low traffic.
Saw a bloke straight line the perfect corduroy on the steep section at 840am monday. Was moving at a fair clip as he went past me (and i didn't think i was going that slow!).

No one else on the slope, so why not gun it?!

LMB

Old but definitely not Crusty!
Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
Well Im out.
Sidelined for 2 weeks.

A personal run down HN before work ended in a trip to Doc Mike. Significant concussion.
Thankfully I was not riding alone, as I have no recall post having a blast down that fresh cord until I was getting medical attention. Apparently got myself down though :p
Bit gutted.
But it is what it is.

Scoober

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 12, 2014
Gosford
Well Im out.
Sidelined for 2 weeks.

A personal run down HN before work ended in a trip to Doc Mike. Significant concussion.
Thankfully I was not riding alone, as I have no recall post having a blast down that fresh cord until I was getting medical attention. Apparently got myself down though :p
Bit gutted.
But it is what it is.
Hope you feel better quick @LMB

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

fenrir

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 23, 2010
Well Im out.
Sidelined for 2 weeks.

Bit gutted.
But it is what it is.
Ooof sounds like a decent hit, rest up.

I assume a replacement helmet is required?

Reactions: crackson and LMB

LMB

Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
Ooof sounds like a decent hit, rest up.

I assume a replacement helmet is required?
Yeah.
I’ll be buying a new helmet next week before going back to work. I’ll spoil myself with new goggles to match.

As I say I have NO memory, but the girl I was riding with said I was clipped from behind. I have zero memory of anything but sweet sweet cord turns - probably a good thing :p

Im gutted that I am unable to do the exam I was scheduled to commence tomorrow. A once a season opportunity. But nothing is broken, I don’t have a headache, just a bit of whiplash, but 2 weeks of rest and I’ll be back. And while I’m missing about 10-15 minutes of time, everything from the med Center onwards is full recall - including the memory tests. So should be all G.

Gotta be thankful for small mercies.

Telezacski

A Local
Ski Pass
Mar 19, 2010
Well in from a solid five hours skiing, ending in a lesson for un-tele Zac and master Mike with @dawooduck

a few highnoon, ballrooms, Waimea, Michael’s and supertrail later and my legs are toast.

snow is amazing in spaces but I broke though in a few spots on Waimea and I’m sure I clipped a rock, couldn’t really tell though as I picked the wrong goggles and they fogged up a bit, so hard to get the clothing right on bluebird days.

Ducky did lead us astray with some runs into the bowl near Michael’s, snow was a little pre skied which killed the run.

also a bit disappointed the @DidSurfNowSki drank all me beer and didn’t leave any cold ones in the fridge so I couldn’t replenish the carbs with a cold beer.

DidSurfNowSki

One of them
Ski Pass
Jan 19, 2014
Canberra, ACT
Well in from a solid five hours skiing, ending in a lesson for un-tele Zac and master Mike with @dawooduck

a few highnoon, ballrooms, Waimea, Michael’s and supertrail later and my legs are toast.

snow is amazing in spaces but I broke though in a few spots on Waimea and I’m sure I clipped a rock, couldn’t really tell though as I picked the wrong goggles and they fogged up a bit, so hard to get the clothing right on bluebird days.

Ducky did lead us astray with some runs into the bowl near Michael’s, snow was a little pre skied which killed the run.

also a bit disappointed the @DidSurfNowSki drank all me beer and didn’t leave any cold ones in the fridge so I couldn’t replenish the carbs with a cold beer.
Do you need a resupply ?

• Haha
Reactions: skifree

Telezacski

A Local
Ski Pass
Mar 19, 2010

@Slowman how did I go?

Reactions: Slowman

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains

Mmmmm .... :p

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
Well Im out.
Sidelined for 2 weeks.

Bit gutted.
But it is what it is.

Well that sucks :(

Get well @LMB

Reactions: LMB

LMB

Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
I was going to invite you over for a gin and tonic but guess you can’t drink now
Ahhh now that’s just adding insult to injury! Hahaha

You’d think if I wasn’t working I could at least be going out… but noooo… :headbang: I hadn’t even considered that yet… <sigh>

No drinking, no driving, no snowboarding, nothing that requires higher executive function for 2 weeks. 3 days glued to the couch. 24hrs under supervision (got a friend having a sleepover).

So I guess my forum posting rates will be getting a boost this week ROFL

Townsend

One of Us
Ski Pass
Mar 28, 2014
Look after yourself LMB. It is a shame that whoever clipped you didn’t have the manners to stop and see if you are ok. Enjoy sitting in the sun.

Reactions: crackson

LMB

Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
Look after yourself LMB. It is a shame that whoever clipped you didn’t have the manners to stop and see if you are ok. Enjoy sitting in the sun.
I believe they did, from what I’m told. And I believe my response was a typical “I’m fine”. Still waiting to hear the full story tho LOL It is bizarre thing to have a memory gap. Feels a little disconcerting.

Telezacski

A Local
Ski Pass
Mar 19, 2010
Ahhh now that’s just adding insult to injury! Hahaha

You’d think if I wasn’t working I could at least be going out… but noooo… :headbang: I hadn’t even considered that yet… <sigh>

No drinking, no driving, no snowboarding, nothing that requires higher executive function for 2 weeks. 3 days glued to the couch. 24hrs under supervision (got a friend having a sleepover).

So I guess my forum posting rates will be getting a boost this week ROFL

look after yourself, concussions are funny beasts and you never know when the swelling will set in (everyone else will know).

Reactions: LMB

sastrugi

I Can't Explain
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2001
Taungurung Country
You know what else is deplorable? People who ignore lock down orders for their own gratification, and then lie about it. I don't blame people for being suspicious because for the first year the enforcement of lockdown was such a shitshow that communities were left to fend for themselves. I recall Gladys putting the onus on individuals to ask where people had come from and told to refuse them service rather than close the border.
Well that clearly didn't happen in the cases I referred to. I said they'd been on the road since 2019 but they were sent packing anyway. Sad Bags is obvs a big part of the blame for Australians turning on each other so she could look 'the good guy' and not have to close a border. Which she bloody did last year anyway :mad:

*Agree about people ignoring lock down orders. Plenty of those aresholes about. That's why Vic's in lockdown right now.

Reactions: fenrir

crackson

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 20, 2006
I believe they did, from what I’m told. And I believe my response was a typical “I’m fine”. Still waiting to hear the full story tho LOL It is bizarre thing to have a memory gap. Feels a little disconcerting.

The time it takes to recover the memory is a good indicator of the size of the hit and scale of injury to the brain.

Have you had a ct?

Telezacski

A Local
Ski Pass
Mar 19, 2010
^^^ This.

Sad to hear you're out for a while. Seems to be a lot of people running into each other this year. More than usual.
Today was insane for speeds on supertrail, it was like people were prepping for top to bottom.

few years back on sun dance, Zacette came round the corner and spotted a few tourists standing in the middle of the run with a toboggan. She freaked stacked and hit her head hard.

i checked her on the hill, skied her to the bottom and checked her again, her eyes weren’t responding to light well.

by the time we hit the road she was not happy and poor master Mike copped it all the way home, he breathed the wrong way and copped an earful . I now understand why footy players can play on and then crash in the sheds after

Reactions: LMB and crackson

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
I had 2 HN and 2 DR runs in the first hour and they where pretty much deserted.

That said, whilst I was on 4th chair I wasn't in the "first pulse" group as I went DR first which put me in front of those first pulse chairs.

Awesome carving on stable, no suprises groomed runs.

You could feel the cold snow gripping the orange wax on my skis. A red wax kinda day.

LMB

Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
Have you had a ct?
Nah. But I’m comfortable with the medical opinion. And I’ve got someone keeping an eye on me.
^^^ This.

Sad to hear you're out for a while. Seems to be a lot of people running into each other this year. More than usual.
Cheers.
Yeah, disappointing but could’ve been worse. Shit happens. I’ll recover. This season seems to be lessons in patience, appreciation and finding the positives for me.

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
Hahahaha
Yeah, of course it was my fault. You know we introduce ourselves by saying “sorry dude” ;)

TBH I personally have no idea what happened … relying on the account of my skier buddy.

What was the ski buddy account?

Telemark Phat

Pass the butter
Ski Pass
Jun 21, 2008
Jindabyne
www.telemarkphat.org
Yeah.
I’ll be buying a new helmet next week before going back to work. I’ll spoil myself with new goggles to match.

As I say I have NO memory, but the girl I was riding with said I was clipped from behind. I have zero memory of anything but sweet sweet cord turns - probably a good thing :p

Im gutted that I am unable to do the exam I was scheduled to commence tomorrow. A once a season opportunity. But nothing is broken, I don’t have a headache, just a bit of whiplash, but 2 weeks of rest and I’ll be back. And while I’m missing about 10-15 minutes of time, everything from the med Center onwards is full recall - including the memory tests. So should be all G.

Gotta be thankful for small mercies.
My record is losing 4 hours. It is strange and snippets of memory either came back or I invented them. My recollection of the diagnosis of my subsequent shoulder injury was very wrong.

Get in contact with Schmitty and the API office, you might be able to attend another course.

Don't worry about your Helmet, they don't potect against concussion, new or old.

Reactions: skifree and LMB
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass