Snow Report Thredbo 2021 Trip Reports, Pics, Updates and Conditions.

DidSurfNowSki

One of them
Ski Pass
Jan 19, 2014
Canberra, ACT
I thought we had cleared this up earlier, I’m a lord, post #4786

Nice hair, but where did the beard go ?

1626939982448.png

Reactions: skifree

Zeroz

A Local
Ski Pass
Apr 8, 2002
Bouvet Island
www.banipal.co.uk
Booked the lodge in March. My calendar just pinged the reminder - arriving tomorrow and staying until Wednesday.
Not happening for obvious reasons.

On the plus side..... we got the timing right? Reasonable outlook for those that can make it.
1626960957701.png

Reactions: Kash

gareth_oau

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Dec 27, 2008
Canning Vale, Perth
Well Im out.
Sidelined for 2 weeks.

A personal run down HN before work ended in a trip to Doc Mike. Significant concussion.
Thankfully I was not riding alone, as I have no recall post having a blast down that fresh cord until I was getting medical attention. Apparently got myself down though :p
Bit gutted.
But it is what it is.
LMB I just read this. Such bad luck, so disappointing to hear.

If you got concussion I can only presume that the skier did not survive!!

Maaaaybe it was the skier you wiped out last time we boarded together? LOL

Last edited:

LMB

Old but definitely not Crusty!
Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
@LMG I just read this. Such bad luck, so disappointing to hear.

If you got concussion I can only presume that the skier did not survive!!

Maaaaybe it was the skier you wiped out last time we boarded together? LOL
Actually he stayed on his feet albeit off down the hill somewhere in an awkward backwards snowplough. Seems he’s clipped the back of my board while I was down the fall line of my turn which has flipped me and sent me into a rotation. Quite the epic stack by all accounts.

(And Hey!!! I didn’t wipe out anyone except myself all those years ago - that was his fault for following too close and not being able to bail out when my board ended up caught by the “snow snakes”.)

It was reassuring to get all the missing info yesterday, at least now I know I didn’t do or say anything I’d be ashamed of hahaha!!

LMB

Old but definitely not Crusty!
Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
Booked the lodge in March. My calendar just pinged the reminder - arriving tomorrow and staying until Wednesday.
Not happening for obvious reasons.

On the plus side..... we got the timing right? Reasonable outlook for those that can make it.
1626960957701.png
Sorry that you can’t come @Zeroz I know how hard it is when your season suddenly evaporates from last year being locked into Perth. Here’s wishing all who have missed out the most epic of snow adventures the next opportunity that presents!

DPS Driver

A Local
Jul 18, 2014
I shared a chair to Eagles Nest with Tommy and Frank not too long after I took on DPS. So here I was with a pair of Wailers on my feet and as you would expect neither had seen anything quite like them and they gave it to me all the way up.

We were all in tears by the time we got to the top. It was such a good p!ss take.

Happy Birthday legend or as I called them that day "Waldorf & Statler"
1627007349168.png

cold wombat

Twitter Contributer
Jun 4, 2008
Perth
Yeah.
I’ll be buying a new helmet next week before going back to work. I’ll spoil myself with new goggles to match.

As I say I have NO memory, but the girl I was riding with said I was clipped from behind. I have zero memory of anything but sweet sweet cord turns - probably a good thing :p

Im gutted that I am unable to do the exam I was scheduled to commence tomorrow. A once a season opportunity. But nothing is broken, I don’t have a headache, just a bit of whiplash, but 2 weeks of rest and I’ll be back. And while I’m missing about 10-15 minutes of time, everything from the med Center onwards is full recall - including the memory tests. So should be all G.

Gotta be thankful for small mercies.
Oh bugger and double bugger.

Reactions: Pez

southpaw

One of Us
Ski Pass
Mar 28, 2018
Canberra
So first time skiing Thredbo with the family, having decided to drop out of the Perisher/EPIC ecosystem for a year and go to new locations. Well today was EPIC at at Thredbo. Hardly any wind (except for the top of the Kosi chair) ranged all over the mountain on what felt like runs for grown ups, really loved the super trail.

Now help me out with somewhere good to take the family for dinner tonight, looking for good casual bistro/pub food. What recommendations do you folks have?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums