Snow Report Thredbo 2022 - Trip Reports, Pics, Updates and Conditions.

Annabuzzy

That's 'ma Lord Buzzy to you
Ski Pass
Jul 31, 2012
Sydney
I’m over in the Merritts area - bright lime green jacket and bright red pants - I look like a Christmas tree! Say hi if you see me
We headed over to Crackenback after I posted, but I’ll keep my eyes peeled.

Coming in now. Wind and snow that is

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Annabuzzy

Ski Pass
Jul 31, 2012
Sydney
So, for those on the ground, what's the fairest assessment: the place has held up 'very well', 'pretty well', 'alright' or 'not so well' over the past three days? Just looking at the cameras I'm not even offering 'badly' as an option 'cause it looks better today than I thought it would going into this rain event.
Pretty well. Indeed given the rain, very well

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
Be nice if Thredbo offered a discounted season pass for DWA members. Perisher is better in that regard. Come on Thredbo, pull ya finger out. Day pass discount is good, but some disabled sliders are addicts, and it already costs more to be alive in many cases for them. A small thing for KT, a BIG thing for some people.

AJS

One of Us
Jul 28, 2014
So, for those on the ground, what's the fairest assessment: the place has held up 'very well', 'pretty well', 'alright' or 'not so well' over the past three days? Just looking at the cameras I'm not even offering 'badly' as an option 'cause it looks better today than I thought it would going into this rain event.
IMHO it’s held up pretty well. It’s spring skiing top to bottom, but on my last runs the top of cruiser was starting to firm (ice) up underfoot. Pelting sago off and on all day. Gear not too wet was a surprising win!

Last edited:
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

LMB

Old but definitely not Crusty!
Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
Surprisingly good conditions out there today. Happy Days! Bring on the snow! I was out and about all day between FF and Merritts, didn’t get too wet (most of it in the last hour). Soft slushy snow very awesome on a board.

I’ve been watching this lesson progress over the season, with a fabulous young Instructor, so much joy! Best thing ever is access for all to Snowsports. I’m a huge fan, and always accept the DWA gigs when they come my way. :love:

linked recoveries

One of Us
May 13, 2015
Sydney CBD
1659686939867.png

Yup!

I've been watching and waiting for the liquid on the Merritts camera to freeze. Seems it just did.

[edit - you know what? I think it's gone back to rain again. The trees are back in black.]

1659687648114.png

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains

Held up well, the main high traffic pistes are a sea of ugly deep sugar, the off piste is grippy and skiable, the quieter pistes ski well albeit variable getting into the hardback underneath. A good day for the snowboard crew.

Was a full on blizzard at Merrits late in the day

20220805_150746.jpg

Needs a hard freeze and 30cms of fresh to bring it all back to three days ago

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Annabuzzy

Ski Pass
Jul 31, 2012
Sydney
The Bugatti* outside the Denman seemed to be collecting some snow as I left just now.

*perhaps some exaggeration here…it was an Audi. So not Denman lol

Reactions: jrr

Annabuzzy

Ski Pass
Jul 31, 2012
Sydney
Now that's Thredbo :)

We'll be filling the car with bought-to-a-price booze, plus pre-prepared frozen ragu and pumpkin soup.
Last night may have been the Denman, but tonight it was some very low brow chicken Schnitzel, scrambled eggs and toast as we work through surplus food.

And whisky.

And pocky sticks.

No rhyme or reason there!

teleroo

leaf blower aficionado
Ski Pass
Jun 19, 2019
Illawarra
I just arrived Tbo. Was 8 degrees leaving Cooma but then dropped to 4.5 between Berridale and Jindy and a hint of slop on the windscreen. Thought that's a good sign, maybe snowing at Tbo. A bit of a wet flurry on the upper road above the village, but yeh, steady rain since. Two degrees though. Just doesn't seem to have quite enough winter oomph. Perisher still positive. Off to there to ski tomoz.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using