Snow Report Thredbo 2022 - Trip Reports, Pics, Updates and Conditions.

LMB

Old but definitely not Crusty!
Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
Was icy walking up the hill from tbar. My shoes were great, friend not so much, had to drag her along with me!! Now that’s Thredbo premium service!!
Raining, but a solid layer of graupel on the roads. Careful out there tomorrow team!

Nidecker

A Local
Ski Pass
Aug 5, 2009
Alpine the dark side of snowboarding
Perisher absolute temp is warming up. It bounced from 7:00pm around the time the snow stake action ended. That's not good.

Rain again at Merritts. Boo!

1659701005087.png

That does not gel with the cameras over there? Wierd...

1659704910395.png

1659704946723.png

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Arne

One of Us
Ski Pass
Feb 7, 2011
Northern Beaches
R*** in the village

Sad to say after the brief settling close to 10am, it’s been a very wet village. No winter wonderland out there this morn.
All good. It's Thredbo. Hit or miss for snow at the bottom. And it would have been only a little more than a cosmetic recovery. Up top is where it's at. And what makes the best in Oz.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Fozzie Bear

Where's my flapping ears gone.....
Ski Pass
Jun 2, 2014
In the woods
Not sure I know Tom but yep, can’t tear my eyes away!! Fab, fun clip of them making the most it!

Tom Gellie. Was an instructor at Charlotte Pass when I first went there 15 years ago. He was on the Australia Telemark Team back then. He defected to Thredbo and was on the APSI demo team (alpine) for a few years. Currently has own business called Big Picture Skiing.

catzizme

Hard Yards
Apr 5, 2020
Wondering if anyone else has noticed this seemingly bizarre new trend, over the past few weeks I have seen people ride up gunbarrel take off their skis/snowboard, proceed to then run about in the snow taking photos, then continue to walk down the travese catwalk towards the village trail never once seeming to contemplate putting the gear back on....I haven't seen what they do after bunny walk, it's just an observation I've made whilst riding the Ts, personally I think there is some bad advice going around because I think that a snowshoe tour would be better value for money.

LMB

Old but definitely not Crusty!
Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
@sourmash shared a chair with my posse and I this morning. Good to put a name to a face (or is that a face to a name…?)

We had a cracking day playing in the bumps, lots of laughs, lots of progress.

Last edited:

AJS

One of Us
Jul 28, 2014

First lifts for the delayed Mumm Champagne Breaky at 7:30am. Didn’t stick round for long though as I was keen to get out there before it got too chopped up.

That’s some heavy snow.

Poached some lines through the glades as a friend dropped their glove from Gunbarrel and didn’t know the mountain so wanted me to come with to collect it. If you were on the chair and saw a female skier in a Mumm jacket eating it cause it was deep and heavy and her legs were jelly- that was me. Definitely more than 5cm from mid mountain up.

Called it by 12:30, 4 odd hours of power, after skiing in heavy stuff all day yesterday my not very ski fit intermediate legs are toast. Plus I have another 3 days here to get through..

Looking forward to the Daft Punk tribute DJ at the hotel tonight!

Budgiesmuggler

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 7, 2010

First lifts for the delayed Mumm Champagne Breaky at 7:30am. Didn’t stick round for long though as I was keen to get out there before it got too chopped up.

That’s some heavy snow.

Poached some lines through the glades as a friend dropped their glove from Gunbarrel and didn’t know the mountain so wanted me to come with to collect it. If you were on the chair and saw a female skier in a Mumm jacket eating it cause it was deep and heavy and her legs were jelly- that was me. Definitely more than 5cm from mid mountain up.

Called it by 12:30, 4 odd hours of power, after skiing in heavy stuff all day yesterday my not very ski fit intermediate legs are toast. Plus I have another 3 days here to get through..

Hey AJS think I saw you at the Basin T. That mumm jacket is hard to miss!

Reactions: LMB

sastrugi

I Can't Explain
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2001
Taungurung Country
Tom Gellie. Was an instructor at Charlotte Pass when I first went there 15 years ago. He was on the Australia Telemark Team back then. He defected to Thredbo and was on the APSI demo team (alpine) for a few years. Currently has own business called Big Picture Skiing.
Ah, not heard of him. Thanks for that info!!

Reactions: skifree

Annabuzzy

That's 'ma Lord Buzzy to you
Ski Pass
Jul 31, 2012
Sydney

That’s some heavy snow.

Yeah I called it around 1pm. My wife did some retail therapy - extreme retail therapy! Still, it’s a nice jacket .

That was some of the wettest snow I think I’ve ever skied. Eek

AJS

One of Us
Jul 28, 2014
Hey AJS think I saw you at the Basin T. That mumm jacket is hard to miss!
Ooh not me, didn’t make it to the T’s today (though from the reports above that sounds like a mistake) but would have been of it the people in our crew, there’s a few of us around today! :)

Reactions: Budgiesmuggler
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using