1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Question Thredbo 365 pass

Discussion in 'Thredbo' started by kiter, Apr 13, 2015.

1. kiter

kiter One of Us

I think that the pass has its merits being a year round pass . vail resorts have made a massive marketing strike with the perisher pass with the re availability of the epic pass with USA 2015/16 access . thredbo is part of a large Australian leisure and entertainment business . I wonder if the management of this company have considered a partnership or purchase with/of a Japanese resort with the pass and it's renewed availability in the lead up to winter . Aussies have developed a deep affinity with japow and it's relatively easy access . I believe that this type of deal could deal Thredbo back into the game.

2. HappyGirl

HappyGirl One of Us

3. crackson

crackson A Local Ski Pass: Gold

Oh cool. If I buy a perisher pass, then I get to ski at other flat places for free. Worthless.

If I buy a thredbo pass I get to ski at other proper resorts like Jackson hole for half price. Winner.

Arne, thebutterman, telecrag and 2 others like this.
  4. BobGnarly

BobGnarly One of Us

Dealing with Japanese resorts hehe..... Good luck with that one

5. tbnext

tbnext One of Us

As a thredbo lover I think the perisher deal is awesome. There has got to be far more upside for aus- all of it.

6. kiter

kiter One of Us

At the moment I don't bother with a thredbo pass and I ski in japan in pow for less than a half priced pass at American resorts ,it takes half the time to get there compared to an American resort for half the price . If the Thredbo 365 pass gave me any kind of benefit in Japan I would be much more likely to buy it ,which is my point .I am sure that I am not alone here .

skifree likes this.
  7. telecrag

telecrag Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

Thredbo is a 365 pass, like you can use it all year, without catching a plane. So as a local, Perisher still doesnt have what it takes to get me. But none of these deals are really about catching the local market are they? I mean I just buy food and beer for the 30-40 days I visit, so probably not really worth it hey? Better off getting the first time family for a week, and who knows, maybe they will go visit your overseas interests too!

So if Thredbo teamed up with a Japow resort, you would save what, $100 on lift tickets? I thought they were like free with any meal over there?

crackson likes this.
  8. BrindiCruiser

BrindiCruiser Hard Yards

Anyone seeing any news on 2017 season passes? Hoping to grab a season pass for family (at either PB or Thredbo) and hoping to get some Sept skiing included.

9. Funky

Funky One of Us

It's been a few years since a 365 has included September skiing as part of the deal... Who knows. They tinker every year though.

10. kiter

kiter One of Us

That would be great . I crossed to the dark side a couple of years back and have just done a couple of days as the Bo . this would get me and my family back

11. Ozgirl

Ozgirl Part of the Furniture Ski Pass: Gold

12. Funky

Funky One of Us

13. telecrag

telecrag Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

I think they are both trying to encourage summer visits, and get time value on the money. No biggy for me as I would be paying to ride before then anyway.

14. Funky

Funky One of Us

Yeah but I like the flexibility.

Eg normally I go at Summer and likely will this year too. But last year I didn't so it worked out nicely.