1. Coronavirus #StayHome

Official Advice

- People in Australia must stay at least 1.5 metres away from others and gatherings are limited to two people unless you are with your family or household.
    - If you believe you may have contracted the virus, call your doctor (don’t visit) or contact the national Coronavirus Health Information Hotline on 1800 020 080.
    - If you are struggling to breathe or experiencing a medical emergency, call 000.

Information Resources Mental Health Note: This announcement may be closed & This announcement will be reset every few days.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Thredbo 8/9 July

Discussion in 'Thredbo' started by telecrag, Jul 10, 2009.

1. telecrag

telecrag Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

I discovered a night function on my incredibly expensive, super duper high quality extreme camcorder ($300 mate), which has enabled me to plumb even greater heights of crapola film production.

In the early 80s, when Telecrag had swapped his chookfootin gear for some training heels, he spent a few seasons frequenting Thredbo. The thing I remember about those years was all the bloody stairs everywhere. I spent quite a few nights in the old staff lodge, but I still havent brought myself to visit the slide site. So there are some images of Thredbo at night, before a run down High Noon.

Thredders 8/9 July 2009

#1 telecrag, Jul 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013
  2. DJM

DJM One of Us

Busy day by the looks of it.......As always, it was a pleasure. Did you try out the new sleeping bag?

3. telecrag

Yep, it was -8 or thereabouts, my water bottle froze. The bag is great, no worries with warmth, and no wilting. The bag did have some ice on it when I woke up, but none of it went back down. It must be better at regulating temperature than my old one, I was in thermies, in the old bag I would have woken up sweating, then the condo would wilt the bag and I get cold. Not with this one, you can zip it all the way up, and not get hot or cold. The new mat is not as warm as the downmat, but I will use it BC as I reckon you should always carry a foamie. I would say its about the same as a thermarest, but more comfie.

Let us know if you want any gear through the back door.

First lift is always good, that was actually my second run, it got busier after that, loads of kids on school horradays, next week is the worst one for horrordays. One year they ran out of bloodbuckets.

Gave a young lady a ride back to Jindy on my way home. She moved up from Victoria, had never seen snow before, is already hooked. I love it!

4. shadow1

shadow1 Hard Yards

Whats the lift with the least kid or people at Thredbo since I hate waiting?

5. telecrag

Start on either Kosi express or Gunbarrel (line up when you see them start to run chairs up) you will get 2-3 great runs if you are quick. Then either hit the Tbars, or if you can do with a rest Slowgums never has a line. Avoid Gunbarrel after about 9am for a couple of hours, it gets busy with the ski schools.

6. DJM

DJM One of Us

Thanks TC, some good feedback. I like the look of the new Neoair made by Thermarest, superlight and three times thicker than my old ultra light. Catch up soon.

7. Kieran

Kieran A Local

Ramshead. You definitely want Ramshead.

Or maybe the Merritts double chair.

#7 Kieran, Jul 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2013
  8. telecrag

Dress warm [​IMG]

#8 telecrag, Jul 10, 2009
  9. shadow1

shadow1 Hard Yards

But that takes over 13 minutes.

10. Kieran

Kieran A Local

Yeah, but there won't be any lift queues.

11. d15812

d15812 Guest

And your legs won't be as sore at the end of the day.

12. spaz

spaz Hard Yards

Either your watch stopped or you timed it from the creek station. I've never got up there that quick.

#12 spaz, Jul 13, 2009