News Thredbo addressing long ticket lines

DPS Driver

A Local
Jul 18, 2014
Hi all, Just an FYI. Thredbo are installing lift ticket pick up boxes at their Jindabyne office, at Friday flat and VT.
The way they work is as follows. You jump onto their website, purchase your tickets online, pay for them and they send you a receipt, either in QR code to your phone or a printable barcode. You scan that at the "Ticket Vending machine" and out pops your ticket. Then straight to the lift. You can collect like this 24/7. So dodge the lift line shuffle.
Kiosk-mockup-1-low-res-1024x683.jpg

sastrugi

I Can't Explain
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2001
Taungurung Country
Are you saying the chip cards don't get loaded when you buy them online anymore and you have to attach tickets to your jacket again? What is this, 1970s? :confused:

Reactions: JM72

DPS Driver

A Local
Jul 18, 2014
Are you saying the chip cards don't get loaded when you buy them online anymore and you have to attach tickets to your jacket again? What is this, 1970s? :confused:
As per @CarveMan. This is for people who don't have tickets. Yes your My Thredbo card still gets loaded online.

It might interest you to know that each season Thredbo would go through approx 80,000 RFID cards. So plenty of people still buy their cards for day trips multi day tickets etc. Oh! and a lot of people lose their tickets each year. I've got about 5 because I forget it or lose it, then find it, once I've got another one.

Reactions: Alleve and sastrugi

Annabuzzy

That's 'ma Lord Buzzy to you
Ski Pass
Jul 31, 2012
Sydney
I’ve got to confess I don’t think I’ve seen a line for tickets for some years.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

DPS Driver

A Local
Jul 18, 2014
Surely you jest. Have you had season passes for a while?

I tend to go there a bit for work and at Friday flat they're out the door. VT not so bad but can take a long time even with relatively short lines.

Annabuzzy

That's 'ma Lord Buzzy to you
Ski Pass
Jul 31, 2012
Sydney
Surely you jest. Have you had season passes for a while?

I tend to go there a bit for work and at Friday flat they're out the door. VT not so bad but can take a long time even with relatively short lines.
Yep season pass for years, except last year when I did my grand total of 2 days booked on-line. But when I have wandered past I noticed no queues. I don’t normally walk past the ticket office to get to the lifts though.

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017
I forget it or lose it, then find it, once I've got another one.
So you know, the older ones will still work. So now you can leave a card in your different jackets, and one in your bike kit so you will never need to swap them around.

you're missing out.

Still a fair line on FF in the morning. Although you only need to be there before 8 and you are at the front as the line doesn't get hectic till after 8:30

I experienced my worse line in this last summer season. It was snaking out of the valley terminal then split at the bridge and the line went over the bridge all the way back to the pizza place and also down the road all the way to near the bus stop. I was only in the line due to forgetting to pack my thredbo card with me for the trip (it was still in my snow jacket), so I had to join the masses and line up to get another one. That is also when I found out that the other card is still active as the guest service said I can keep one with my riding gear and one with my skiing gear.

Reactions: Jonathan_P

DPS Driver

A Local
Jul 18, 2014
So you know, the older ones will still work. So now you can leave a card in your different jackets, and one in your bike kit so you will never need to swap them around.

you're missing out.

Still a fair line on FF in the morning. Although you only need to be there before 8 and you are at the front as the line doesn't get hectic till after 8:30

I experienced my worse line in this last summer season. It was snaking out of the valley terminal then split at the bridge and the line went over the bridge all the way back to the pizza place and also down the road all the way to near the bus stop. I was only in the line due to forgetting to pack my thredbo card with me for the trip (it was still in my snow jacket), so I had to join the masses and line up to get another one. That is also when I found out that the other card is still active as the guest service said I can keep one with my riding gear and one with my skiing gear.
Thanks @skull I did know that. I know the guy Thredbo bought the tickets from. He sleeps with my wife every night. Ssshhh. Well not for this season because I switched camps but those vending machines came from someone who looks a lot like me. A real lot.

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona

you're missing out.

I know people that took longer to get to the top of Kosi chairlift from the Valley than it took to walk to Mount Kosi...
At Easter.

Last edited:
Reactions: jonathanc and skull

jonathanc

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 4, 2014
Yep season pass for years, except last year when I did my grand total of 2 days booked on-line. But when I have wandered past I noticed no queues. I don’t normally walk past the ticket office to get to the lifts though.
Lines have been massive this summer - I keep spare passes in my bike gear, in the glovebox in the van and in my snow jackets to make sure I never have to burn an hour in that queue.

Reactions: climberman
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass