Question Thredbo - Age check for kids

RayEarth2162

First Runs
May 1, 2022
Quick question - do they strictly check the the ID of kids to verify their age for say Thredboland (6 years and under) and kids first timer (7 years and over)?

I have two kids one of which is borderline 6 or 7 when we go but would like to keep them together.

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017
When you create their accounts it asks for dob. The system won’t allow you to select an option if they don’t fit the age bracket.

You could lie setting up the account then they’ll be stuck with that dob on their mythredbo account

RayEarth2162

First Runs
May 1, 2022
Understand that, and I could do a white lie but it will be unstuck if they ask for kids ID at the time of getting the tickets? :rolleyes:

TechnoSki

Early Days
Feb 18, 2022
Understand that, and I could do a white lie but it will be unstuck if they ask for kids ID at the time of getting the tickets? :rolleyes:
Many of us have been a similar situation at one time or another with ski resorts in Australia. Later in life it comes around again. That is how it is for those of us with birthdates mid year. Best to play a straight bat, what goes around comes around.

Reactions: skull and LMB

RayEarth2162

First Runs
May 1, 2022
Many of us have been a similar situation at one time or another with ski resorts in Australia. Later in life it comes around again. That is how it is for those of us with birthdates mid year. Best to play a straight bat, what goes around comes around.
Fair comment. I shall convince the kids to split haha

LMB

Old but definitely not Crusty!
Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
Fair comment. I shall convince the kids to split haha
Or call ski school and plead your case. You never know what miracles can occur with polite communication.

Having raised 4 boys, the first two just 19 months apart in age I found that when they were separated by the strange machinations of age enrolment or similar, it usually turned out to be a blessing for them rather than a hardship.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass