Thredbo bouquets and brickbats

Telezacski

A Local
Ski Pass
Mar 19, 2010
The ironic thing is Blue Cow was planned by NPWS to reduce traffic within the park. (Kosi road specifically)
Yet their policies encourage it.

Helicopter is a bit overkill for the flatlands isn't it

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

alexd

One of Us
May 22, 2017
Sydney
That camera thing they put in, to see what cars were staying, or driving through (would not need two parks guys checking tickets, and issuing please pays in triplicate) blew over and destroyed itself in the first good wind.
Hahaha, I actually heard from someone else, can't remember if it was on the chair or at the pub, but they said they saw a van had slid off the road and crashed directly into the camera pole. Which IMO seems more likely than the wind blowing it over.

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
Hahaha, I actually heard from someone else, can't remember if it was on the chair or at the pub, but they said they saw a van had slid off the road and crashed directly into the camera pole. Which IMO seems more likely than the wind blowing it over.

Through the amco? I heard from a mate in parks.

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
I ponder ... will we see the camera pole blowing away in the wind crash video on face book sometime soon

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
ah yeah maybe they didn't look closely enough. second hand story after all.

I saw the van I think it was, but also noticed no damage to the amco. So asked my friend when I spoke with him.

Billy_Buttons

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Mar 25, 2011
I never understood how they were supposed to work lying on the ground like that. No wonder Joe isn't a fan (fan --- did you see what I did there!)
Old Nugget preferred his Southern Cross version.

southerncross1.jpg

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Snow Blowey

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Jan 7, 2004
Dubbo NSW
To show all the punters standing in 10 people groups fair in the middle of the busiest traverse in the place. Gee that area shits me. Trying to push the little one. You get some skate momentum up and them you get these people that just stop dead in the middle to do a boot or to have a chat.

alexd

One of Us
May 22, 2017
Sydney
To show all the punters standing in 10 people groups fair in the middle of the busiest traverse in the place. Gee that area shits me. Trying to push the little one. You get some skate momentum up and them you get these people that just stop dead in the middle to do a boot or to have a chat.
They need a conveyor along that stretch lol

Reactions: LMB

DPS Driver

A Local
Jul 18, 2014
I use my Heli at Perisher . Far easier.
Pity I had to battle the thredbo bogans and THA parking nazi
Yes, good call. There is so much flat land at Perisher to land on.

I did try bring the yacht up the Thredbo river once. Thought that would have been lovely mooring it at Thredbo, enjoy a few canapes and then hit the slopes for a bit of schussing.

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007

Improvement

Put in a seating area for the 90% of snowboarders who cant do their bindings up on the move. Much more civilised, and by keeping them in one spot (most do use the same spot, but not all) you free up the flow better.

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
Most boarders I ride with just do them up on the fly, they are right with the group as we head off the lift. They do tend to be pretty good boarders though. Some I know are a bit older, and maybe not flexible enough, I know they would love a seat. Why not?

Reactions: Townsend

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Most boarders I ride with just do them up on the fly, they are right with the group as we head off the lift. They do tend to be pretty good boarders though. Some I know are a bit older, and maybe not flexible enough, I know they would love a seat. Why not?
Yeah I do mine up while standing. Takes ten seconds. Most skiers I ride with are on the phone at this stage. Talking to real estate agents or something

LMB

Old but definitely not Crusty!
Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
Improvement

Put in a seating area for the 90% of snowboarders who cant do their bindings up on the move. Much more civilised, and by keeping them in one spot (most do use the same spot, but not all) you free up the flow better.
Are they stopping there anyway?
That's about where I am thinking "oh ffs - gap? Anywhere? Someone make a gap!! - nope.. fck... undo binding...scootch...selfish bastards..."

Snow Blowey

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Jan 7, 2004
Dubbo NSW
Many years for me on roller blades for me so i can get about easily. But you need a bit of room side to side to get things moving and this is when the blockers stuff you up. For me only when i pushing blowette because that makes it all the more demanding. In the crowds i have to do the shove method, which means i stop each shove and then have to get going again - repeat every 5 m or so.

alexd

One of Us
May 22, 2017
Sydney
Yeah I do mine up while standing. Takes ten seconds. Most skiers I ride with are on the phone at this stage. Talking to real estate agents or something
Yeah I can do mine standing in some places or snow conditions. My board's got rocker (reverse camber) so it's a little harder to do than with a cambered board. Contact point in the middle means you spin around easily.

LMB

Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
Yeah I can do mine standing in some places or snow conditions. My board's got rocker (reverse camber) so it's a little harder to do than with a cambered board. Contact point in the middle means you spin around easily.
Hybrid.
Only very windy, very icy and steep stops me from doing up bindings standing up.

Telezacski

A Local
Ski Pass
Mar 19, 2010
Yes, good call. There is so much flat land at Perisher to land on.

I did try bring the yacht up the Thredbo river once. Thought that would have been lovely mooring it at Thredbo, enjoy a few canapes and then hit the slopes for a bit of schussing.

I'm liking the boat idea, maybe a few of us could chip in a fiver and we can buy that boat on the monaro highway and drop it in the dam at Thredbo.

LMB

Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
I have the Gnu step in binding so can do them up on the move, provided that its not too steep
I'm hoping with a whole season to practice I can stop being nervous about riding with my back foot out. It's just the fear of injury to the knee - I love the stability having both feet locked in gives. Cartwheel 5 times, no problem, jump up and slide away.

POW Hungry

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 28, 2000
Eastern Burbs of Sydney
Got a real quick question...
WTF is meant by?
Thredbo’s season pass sale is on and there is something for everyone with a Winter 2018 Season Pass from only $769 and the Thredbo 365 Pass (17/18) from only $869.

Beat The Price Rise by Sept 15 with a $49 deposit…price rises 11:59pm Friday night…jumps up $50.
Real quick 'cause I am 45 mins from sealing the deal so to speak... So I am missing something... It's $1 diff between tonight's price and tomorrow's!? Or are they saying it goes from $869 to $919??

AWJ

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 8, 1999
Canberra
Got a real quick question...
WTF is meant by?

Real quick 'cause I am 45 mins from sealing the deal so to speak... So I am missing something... It's $1 diff between tonight's price and tomorrow's!? Or are they saying it goes from $869 to $919??
The latter..

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using