Thredbo Farm Ski Lodge

summit_32

Addicted
Jul 19, 2007
WashingtonDC
Hi All,

Is anyone a member or has stayed at the Thredbo Farm Ski Lodge?

I'm interested in any first hand reports - how far in advance do you have to book in winter? What's the atmosphere like? How does the lodge compare to other 'on-snow' lodges in terms of membership fees, yearly subscriptions etc

Cheers,

Polaris

One of Us
Mar 19, 2003
How can you call Thredbo Farm Ski Lodge "on snow"?
Do you actually know where it is?
and if you don't, it about 200m Jindabyne side of the Lake Crackenback Novotel Entrance turnoff.... yes it does snow there but no way is it "on snow"

Just sayin'

summit_32

Addicted
Jul 19, 2007
WashingtonDC
summit_32 said:
How does the lodge compare to other 'on-snow' lodges
Cheers,
I know its not on-snow that's why i'm asking - i assume it's cheaper to become a member at TFSL than comparable lodges at Perisher or Thredbo village.

I've looked at a few lodges on the web but in general their membership fees aren't disclosed. A membership is currently for sale @ TFSL for $13.5k which seems excessive to me considering there's also an annual subscription of $990.

Last edited by a moderator:

skichanger

A Local
Jan 1, 2012
chaletmyoko.com
Try schuss ski club. http://schuss.asn.au/index.html

Memberships are usually a lot less than that and there is no annual fee. You will need to contact the sellers to find out what they want for their membership as it is a person to person sale not really via the club.

Also has 3 lodges - Thredbo, Falls Creek and Buller.

It is self catered but you could do a lot of eating out and take aways for what you will save.

skichanger

A Local
Jan 1, 2012
chaletmyoko.com
I was not aware I had said or even implied the Thredbo lodge was ski-in ski-out. Was responding to being compared with other Thredbo lodges. And really apart from a few really expensive places where in Thredbo is ski-in ski-out?

Angus_McCrory

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 22, 2005
Lurking
Just saying....

I've stayed at Schuss Buller and Falls and enjoyed both places (as a guest of a now ex-Schuss member who posts here). I've stayed next door to Schuss at Thredbo and know that it is as high as you can go in the Village and a shyte of a walk back after a hard days skiing.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

skichanger

A Local
Jan 1, 2012
chaletmyoko.com
Sorry, just sometimes on these forums you stick your head up and it gets SMASHED. Especially if you mention the "H" word regardless of your opinion (or lack of).

For Thredbo, catch the shuttle to the corner and then you have had a little rest before you walk up the stairs and along the path. It is not really that far. Alternatively if you have a parking space drive down to Friday flat. We did this when our kids were little as the idea of carrying our skis, them and their gear, changing buses etc did not appeal.

At Buller we walked as we could not work out when the shuttle buses came. And at Falls there is a short walk when the snow is poor.

summit_32

Addicted
Jul 19, 2007
WashingtonDC
skichanger said:
Try schuss ski club. http://schuss.asn.au/index.html

Memberships are usually a lot less than that and there is no annual fee. You will need to contact the sellers to find out what they want for their membership as it is a person to person sale not really via the club.

Also has 3 lodges - Thredbo, Falls Creek and Buller.
Thanks Skichanger - i will check out Schuss next time i'm in Thredbo

JusSki

First Runs
Jul 15, 2012
Sydney
Hi Summit_32,

I've been going to that lodge since i was a kid ... despite not being "on snow" it offers the best opportunity to either go to Thredbo or PB so each day you can assess which will offer the best ski for you, rather than being located to one resort only, unless you prefer that option. Admittedly I normally ski Thredbo so the drive up is usually under 15 minutes. The ski tube is right across the road, so that's only minutes away.

It's a self catering lodge, members are friendly and sits on about 200 acres of land. There is a mix of accommodation from typical bunk rooms for boys and girls, to twin share, to the newly built Snow Gums (double en suite plus loft with 2 singles).

The cost is cheap and really makes a trip to the snow affordable. I can't comment on other lodges.

Going there out of season is also excellent. Walking trails, mountain biking and trout fishing are plentiful.

Have a chat to the management team and get in touch with other members to seek their thoughts.

Hope you make the best decision for you.

Cheers

JusSki

summit_32

Addicted
Jul 19, 2007
WashingtonDC
thanks JusSki - appreciate the feedback. The opportunity to easily ski both resorts is certainly appealing along with the summer options.

prices look good too

cheers

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass