1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Thredbo group lessons

Discussion in 'Thredbo' started by Crunch, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Crunch

Crunch One of Us

Should I book ahead for lessons?

Son is new to snowboard and (while he doesn't think so) I think he should at least have one lesson. He's a skateboarder normally.

2. Endless Winter

Endless Winter First Runs

For group lessons no booking is required, I recommend the 9.15am session.

The board instructors are 'fully sick dudes' so there is no question he will have a great time.

3. Piste Again

Piste Again Part of the Furniture Ski Pass: Gold

One good thing about the afternoon lessons is that there's often only 3 or 4 people in them, so you get far more attention than in a morning lesson where 10 or 12 in a group isn't uncommon.

And don't just have him take one lesson - get him to do one every day. There's always plenty more to learn, and his fellow sliders will appreciate him not bulldozing all the snow off the steeper slopes by sliding all the way down on his heel-side edge.

4. spaz

spaz Hard Yards

I've been boarding for 9 years, done 6 full (Aussie) seasons and still look forward to doing lessons, even if it's just riding with someone with more ability than me, you always pick up something, and the instructors aren't going to write you off, they are paid not to.