System Update Thredbo Merrits is now LIVE

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
ahh

Good thing I created new template variables for just such an occurrence - now I can whip up a new page in fifteen minutes by gathering and building a new config

Reactions: Billy_Buttons

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
The existential UX question is how best to handle the existing static image pages from the same cams? Should I keep them available in the tour? Who would want to view static images of the exact same scene when a streaming view is available - if there are such people then how do I cater to them with clear choice when the menu link iconography is thumbnail based and that would lead to weird duplication ?

At the moment I'm going to assume that a streaming view makes a static view obsolete for everyone.

iagreewithhim

Blessed are the bignoses
Ski Pass
Sep 3, 2001
A very long way from everybody
I can't see the live cams at all (like I can't see a lot of static images that get posted here) - could that be a problem of bandwidth? I've got ADSL with a download speed of about 3.5 Mbps.

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
I can't see the live cams at all (like I can't see a lot of static images that get posted here) - could that be a problem of bandwidth? I've got ADSL with a download speed of about 3.5 Mbps.

Sounds like restrictions not bandwidth (even though your bandwidth is poor).

Details pls. Can't see on PC Desktop or phone or both?

if Phone, is it only whilst connected to wifi that is part of the ADSL above? How does the phone go on the carrier data?

If just PC, does it have an anti-virus running?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass