Thredbo / Perisher reciprocal discount day passes

Discussion in 'Thredbo' started by davec1, Jun 30, 2018.

1. davec1

davec1 Hard Yards
    Ski Pass - Gold

Am I correct in remembering that PB and Thredbo used to offer annual pass holders reciprocal discounted day passes at the other resort?

We are locked in to Perisher and have been getting Epic/Freedom passes for years.

I have a friend staying at Thredbo this week and offering me free accommodation so I am thinking of heading down Tues/Wed. Is there any way to get around paying full price on day passes? Perisher has Mates Rates, does Thredbo have similar?

If so, is there anyone here who could potentially help me out? Happy to show my gratitude with :emoji_beer::redwine:

2. climberman

climberman CloudRide1000 Legend
    Ski Pass - Gold

If your mate has a 365 pass they can get you a discount.

3. davec1

davec1 Hard Yards
    Ski Pass - Gold

Unfortunately, they don't have a 365 pass.

Having already got an Epic Pass its hard to justify $270 for a 2 day pass, though it would be great to go for a run at Threders for a change!

4. bigmac

bigmac Hard Yards

What if they each offer half price day tickets for season pass holders of the other resort. Resorts gets more money with no extra people on the mountain and we get some variety. A few years back we had Whistler season passes which allowed half price tickets at Thredbo. We did at least 3 days which we would normally not do having Perisher passes.

5. davec1

davec1 Hard Yards
    Ski Pass - Gold

I remember when they had this, it was a great initiative. I wasnt sure if it was still in place, though it seems to be no longer.

Completely agree with you, it would be a win/win in my mind. Though I guess neither want to give an inch to the other.

6. zac150

zac150 One of Us
    Ski Pass - Gold

This was under the mountain collective arrangement. The 365 worked the other way as well.

You have to look at it from the resort point of view, they would potentially get zero benefit. Our lodge had reciprocal rights with another lodge, that lodge over sold its member base to get money so everyone booked our lodge instead (at member rates) as they couldn’t get Into theirs. Fair to say the rights have been revocted.

Thredbo don’t oversell the 365 pass, they have very limited numbers and increase the price once the numbers are reached.