Thredbo restaurant reports, reviews and pics. Rona edition.

Scoober

One of Us
May 12, 2014
Gosford
so questioned them on facie and got a decent reply.
DBC80F18-5D27-489E-8A56-CEB1AAC2354B.jpeg

fenrir

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 23, 2010
Ha!
I sent this to a girlfriend earlier today
1DE947F0-DB66-4852-B45D-E361C12B92FF.jpeg
Last year I bought reaper chillis from coles and infused them in vodka. It had the heat but it was missing the grittiness from the bottom of the jug.

Reactions: LMB

scottski

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 7, 2004
Homebush NSW
What will the booking fee at Kareela be in response :eek:
Kareela will continue on the time honoured basis of “People you know, Darling” they pick it up on the wine and other beverage charges.
Anyone who tries to use the line “ Don’t you know who I am” will have ski patrol attend for a concussion test to try to determine why they don’t know who they are.
The standards remain
I hope my table is well cleaned if they allow someone else to use it.

sastrugi

I Can't Explain
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2001
Taungurung Country
Big a difference between booking a table and event hire. Credit card deposit is fine for all table bookings and I'm surprised it's not used more often. Still wondering how the fine print on the KT lease for sub-leasing is...

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy
Well that was much ado about nothing much. Looks like we can still get a decent cup of coffee on mountain without taking out a personal loan.
Epic marketing failure on their part.

Could have been promoted better for a better a vibe!!!!!!! (Anyone else getting flashbacks to Mizu?)

Try "we now have a few of our premium seating areas available for a hire fee" and even take the money up front. Its really poor form to not include some of that cost to food and beverage fees.

KylePee

Cage rattler
Ski Pass
Feb 10, 2012
Jumped the wall to Mexico
Epic marketing failure on their part.

Could have been promoted better for a better a vibe!!!!!!! (Anyone else getting flashbacks to Mizu?)

Try "we now have a few of our premium seating areas available for a hire fee" and even take the money up front. Its really poor form to not include some of that cost to food and beverage fees.
Should be vegas style. You can buy this table. It'll cost you 2 grand, and comes with a giant bottle of vodka and unlimited mixer refills

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
Obviously @Scoober wasn't the only one to query, they posted with a clearer message about what its about, opening with please read carefully, 97% of the space is still walk in only.

Didn't think the Captain would do what it first looked like hey!

LMB

Old but definitely not Crusty!
Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
Obviously @Scoober wasn't the only one to query, they posted with a clearer message about what its about, opening with please read carefully, 97% of the space is still walk in only.

Didn't think the Captain would do what it first looked like hey!
We are learning some big lessons about messaging and clarity of communication this year.

sastrugi

I Can't Explain
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2001
Taungurung Country
What's the issue? What is wrong with this? It may be crap marketing, but I would be very, very surprised if if it against any term in the lease.
What's wrong with taking a credit card number to hold a booking with a very clear directive that money will be deducted for a now show instead of ripping off your customers to pay over $100 for a table for an hour plus food and drinks for no table service? There's a pretty good reason we don't frequent BS and we're certainly not about to start now :D

A friend recently had a tenant sub-lease premises that my friend owns, and it was in their particular contract that this was illegal. It's not that uncommon for this to be written into a lease (even though its way too common in the apartment industry).

Reactions: Alleve

Telemark Phat

Pass the butter
Ski Pass
Jun 21, 2008
Jindabyne
www.telemarkphat.org
What's wrong with taking a credit card number to hold a booking with a very clear directive that money will be deducted for a now show instead of ripping off your customers to pay over $100 for a table for an hour plus food and drinks for no table service? There's a pretty good reason we don't frequent BS and we're certainly not about to start now :D

A friend recently had a tenant sub-lease premises that my friend owns, and it was in their particular contract that this was illegal. It's not that uncommon for this to be written into a lease (even though its way too common in the apartment industry).
If Thredbo thought lease terms were being violated they'd be all over it like a fat kid on a smartie. They would have shut it down within an hour of the post gong up.

Reactions: Alleve and AWJ

Legs Akimbo

Grumblebum
Ski Pass
Jan 17, 2014
Coastal suburban boonies.

You may have noticed my comment about crap marketing. Your comment has nothing to do with sub-leasing.

Your friend has entered into a thing we call a lease. What the place is doing is not a sub-lease.

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
Poor marketing yes
Don't like the fee don't pay
Pretty simple
Great idea to guarantee a table

Reactions: Alleve

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
Haha, had a $50 steak once in Thredbo, I reckon it was only $15 over priced!

Its a bit like they never eat out anywhere else in the country really.

Reactions: fenrir

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017

I remember my first $50 steak, that was back around 2003 and it was $50 just for the steak, any sides were additional cost. It was amazing though it was from the restaurant at the regal airport hotel where my folks were living at the time.

Also my parents paid, if they didn't I wouldn't have had a $50 steak.

sastrugi

I Can't Explain
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2001
Taungurung Country
Poor marketing yes
Don't like the fee don't pay
Pretty simple
Great idea to guarantee a table
Don't you worry, I won't be paying! I won't be missing out on any fun either :D

Best idea to guarantee a table is a refundable credit card deposit.

This is the problem here, no-one's looking at the bigger picture. If everyone thinks its ok to pay $200 for a table plus no table service, plus food and drinks... then all the restaurants will start charging for tables as they'll see a cheap and nasty way to add more $$$$ to their bills. Suddenly your lunches and dinners are going to get a helluva lot more expensive than they already are. Don't shoot yourselves in the feet everyone. Give a credit card deposit with your bookings but don't rent tables. You're not doing yourselves or anyone a favour by doing so.

Donza

Dogs body...
Ski Pass
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona

I had a lovely meal at Burrawang Hotel today.
Well priced and interesting food.
*in country.

Snow food places are just taking the piss ...

jrr

Addicted
Ski Pass
May 20, 2002
Haberfield, Sydney
The Sante menu looks good to me. Daughter and I will be trying it out one night whilst we're down there. Will also be seeing how the 'new' T-Bar shapes up to years past. Can't wait :thumbs:

Reactions: AJS

sastrugi

I Can't Explain
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2001
Taungurung Country
Lovely guys and great food.
We ate there Sunday night. Worth supporting keen new business owners in making their new venture a huge success.
Good to hear! Haven't been to the T Bar in a long time. Not really sure why... I think we got put off with the whole pizza thing. But happy to give it a go this year.

Are they taking bookings @LMB ? I need to make a couple of bookings early July, may as well think about it now I suppose.

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
Shout out to my mates in Avalanche (though I don't know the new cook), quite possibly the best E&B roll I have had commercially. New buns this season are a winner, and it was cooked so right for a takeaway, egg set enough to not spurt on your jacket, but not over done.

Not that they need any extra business.

fenrir

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 23, 2010
Shout out to my mates in Avalanche (though I don't know the new cook), quite possibly the best E&B roll I have had commercially. New buns this season are a winner, and it was cooked so right for a takeaway, egg set enough to not spurt on your jacket, but not over done.

Their veggie breakfast burrito is amazing.

Reactions: telecrag

sastrugi

I Can't Explain
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2001
Taungurung Country

Hope they're doing proper bread and not that stupid sweet brioche that was trendy for a few years? (please let that fad be over)

I'm guessing the pic of my ***** is still on the wall in there :D

DPS Driver

A Local
Jul 18, 2014

Yep it's my favourite morning stop in Thredbo. Even if I've had brekky at home I sometimes get tempted into second brekky. Coffee is not too bad either.

Annabuzzy

That's 'ma Lord Buzzy to you
Ski Pass
Jul 31, 2012
Sydney
Thredbo has good bacon and egg rolls generally. Friday Flat is also (surprisingly) good, as is Merrits.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass