1. Coronavirus #StayHome

Official Advice

- People in Australia must stay at least 1.5 metres away from others and gatherings are limited to two people unless you are with your family or household.
    - If you believe you may have contracted the virus, call your doctor (don’t visit) or contact the national Coronavirus Health Information Hotline on 1800 020 080.
    - If you are struggling to breathe or experiencing a medical emergency, call 000.

Information Resources Mental Health Note: This announcement may be closed & This announcement will be reset every few days.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Thredbo Today

Discussion in 'Thredbo' started by wangster, Jun 11, 2009.

1. wangster

wangster A Local

I bought the platinum pass so I've been getting value in other ways besides skiing. Plus it's going to get a lot of use in summer

2. spaz

spaz Hard Yards

I got that response today re: windhold not avi risk.

Fortunatley I was tipped off to when Kosi was opening today then rode the chair up with patrol who were happy to give me a little info as to were to ride. My daily run vid is loading now.

3. sastrugi

sastrugi At the centre of it all Ski Pass: Gold

Surely you've been on the mountain more than 10 days already? Jeez, even I've done 7 and you're up there all the time!!!

But yes, the platinum makes a HUGE difference all year round for sure [​IMG]

#153 sastrugi, Aug 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2013
  4. wangster

wangster A Local

Well.... I haven't kept a count, but if I've made 10 it's only just.

Still a month to go for skiing. If I was really worried about it I would go more often. But I'm not

5. telecrag

telecrag Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

Well kiddies, K10 and I had a blast yesterday. Pretty windy, but a bit of patience resulted in fresh tracks down Antons. One of the best runs for me this season. Today still looking windy, but hoping for Karels.

6. wangster

wangster A Local

[​IMG]

Wind was howling. There was some nice snow higher in protected areas. Down the bottom was super sticky

#156 wangster, Aug 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
  7. telecrag

Well, yesterday. Had a freeze, and a medium strength wind kept it hard all day. Off piste was a bone shaking experience, it looked all go, but those cookies were frozen solid. Patrol was kept busy bringing down the idiots doing the big air, must be fun landing on concrete without wheels and suspension. I have never seen so many people with their skis off, walking down the hill. Rule One: never take your skis off when its icy, they have edges, your boots dont.

Not too many people on the hill, but a high percentage of punters. Met one guy on a lift, had been boarding three times, and didnt think he needed a lesson [​IMG]

Pretty average day on the hill, but the cover is holding up OK, and the freeze is a good thing in the long run.

#157 telecrag, Sep 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
  8. tbnext

tbnext One of Us

Telecrag,

Was lovely to meet you and nice to have a ski and a beer.
    Total agreement that the off piste looked tempting but it was all a fake, knee jarring frozen solid. The groomers esp up high were good however, exhibition was a stand out for me but these tele boys thought it was too windy, blah blah.

Covers still OK, it was cold so the supertrail and high noon held up. Its still pretty good so if you are thinking of going you should.

9. telecrag

Exhibition was the pick of the day. I finished up on that after K10, Jag and M10 went for lunch. Also saw off my crazy igloo party mates at Eagles. Apparently the Igloo is completely buried, and they spent a day and a half digging out an entrance, and removing a cubic metre of snow from inside. The rain two weeks ago drilled some holes in it, before they were filled in by the dump. They also par-buried a few little kegs of beer. In the morning they had lost one, so the party goers first job was to finish one keg, then use avi techniques to locate the next.

Oh yeah tbnext, it was not the battle hardened teles that pulled the pin on Exhibition in the am, M10 doesnt like Sponars Tbar, so we graciously went and skied the Supertrail, and skiercross.

10. oreo

oreo One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Dumping at the upper slopes now after a very wet start.

11. K10

K10 Hard Yards

Was cool to catch up and ski with you guys again , Telecrag and Tbnext, for what may be the last day in the resort this year ( unless i do the gaper day)

Also bumped into Snow Blowey heading out about the same time as your crazy igloo mates, however he was more sensibly going to Townsend if I recall correctly

Anyway, on Sunday we (Myself, Jag, M10 and litte Cranky Pants) did a few runs on Merrits and then M10 and I decided to do a flying top to bottom last run down the Supertrail and hit the Skier Cross track with the helmet cam on

Unfortunately I took the camera out at the top of the mountain whilst it was warm and the lens got condensation on it, still watchable though

WMV (Smaller)

MPEG

#161 K10, Sep 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013
  12. DJM

DJM One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Nice one K-man and co. Was that an old school 360 in there. Get the bikes out of the shed people its almost time.....