1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Thredbo website season pass discount

Discussion in 'Thredbo' started by skull, Jun 13, 2020.

1. skull

skull One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Hi

I am still seeing people having issues trying to access the season pass discount page. I am wondering if it is browser related. So if you want I want to capture peoples browsers they tried to use and if they were successful in accessing the discount page.

Oh I should also check what type of pass, if used and what refund

Me 365 holder - used for one day mtb and several bobsleds - thredbo MyMoney credit

Chrome : No access to discount
    Safari : No access to discount

zac150 likes this.
  2. LaNeige

LaNeige One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

I'm exactly the same as you except I haven't had the cost of my season passes credited to MyThredbo card yet. However I had the exact opposite outcome. Maybe it's to do with when. I accessed the site yesterday around 11am.

skull likes this.
  3. skifree

skifree A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

Did it all of safari, season discount tickets for me and standard tickets for bosses all ok.

skull likes this.
  4. PMG

PMG One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

No access to discounts for me. Winter pass only. Google Chrome.

5. Interruptedbyfireworks

Interruptedbyfireworks One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

No access to season pass discount for me.

Winter bass pass, refund received (in my bank account and received the email with the refund details). Refund of the $49 deposit + pass protection.

Chrome: no season discount.
    Safari: no season discount.

I also have other people on my profile, and I changed my name and email address since placing the deposit for the pass (though I called Thredbo to check about this and they had told me it wouldn’t be a problem).

skifree likes this.
  6. db2567

db2567 One of Us

Winter base pass fully paid, no refund or credit so far.

Firefox- full access to discount .
    Chrome - full access to discount.

Neither browser will give me the 11+ passes extra discount.
    Heard if you email them you can get correct price refunds.
    Currently on discounted price all days are available except June 26th.

7. Laska Goralska

Laska Goralska One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

No season pass discount for me booking seven days, five consecutive.

Winter base pass, deposit only, no refund or credit sought yet (will sort that out closer to my trips).

have tried explorer, chrome etc, had the option to enter via discount link only after purchase, and even then it didn’t show discounted prices.

bit annoyed as I would have liked to have booked a bunch more midweek day trips, but was limited in how much cash I had available at the time so I’m thinking of just booking a few more ASAP on the assumption that I’ll get the difference back, plus any further discounts for booking 10+ days, after the fact.

Like many here, as a regular season pass holder I’m not used to paying this much for skiing...

crackson, Jonathan_P and skifree like this.
  8. Townsend

Townsend One of Us

I would recommend that you ring them first thing in the morning. They are correcting all these problems and, if you randomly rang early, you would be at the head of the queue!

Laska Goralska and Jonathan_P like this.
  9. Slowman

Slowman One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

My own experience of this ticketing debacle thus far has been:

1. Up until today no season pass discount page would open for me. (Using Safari on a Mac.)
    2. When my spot in the queue was reached I reluctantly purchased 15 day tickets at the maximum rates for my age group. I had previously asked for a credit for my cancelled 365 pass and the payment page allowed me to use this as part payment.
    3. I then sent an email asking for a reimbursement for the differential between the maximum rates and the advertised rates for season pass holders including the Silver discounts. Thus far I have not received a reply to this email.
    4. Today, for the first time, the season pass page finally opened for me. It offered the Silver discount for further purchases but not the Gold discount which should I think be offered now as I have purchased enough passes to qualify for this.

All rather irritating.

Edit: The following day the Gold discount section decided to appear on my account.

#9 Slowman, Jun 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    crackson likes this.
  10. zac150

zac150 A Local Ski Pass: Gold

My experience (sorry)

I purchased tickets on the Thursday evening / Friday morning, like most the internet site was a shit show, crashing and burning and charging me twice.

I emailed them and followed up with a call and by 5pm Friday I had received a call back. By Saturday I had had the days missing added, discounts applied and refunds issued.

I have said to a few people privately, I believe they are triaging (?) the situation and dealing with the worst first. I think they will get to others slowly.

but I would also only give them a week.

#10 zac150, Jun 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  11. skull

Update, as of yesterday I can now see the discount section

12. Interruptedbyfireworks

Interruptedbyfireworks One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

I can also see the discount section now, happy days.

No word yet on my refund for the difference between the full price ticket and bronze discount ticket, I might give them a call today since I also want to ask them the best contingency plan if the MyThredbo cards I ordered don't turn up in time

13. skull

I tried this morning and yesterday afternoon and just got stuck on hold

14. db2567

db2567 One of Us

Does anyone know how long they take to refund the initial season pass purchase price?
    I asked for a full refund over a week ago.

15. zac150

Ok so once they have processed the discount it will take a minimum of five working days for the banks to process, they have to withdraw the funds from KT account, transfer them and then your bank will hold the transaction 3 days before depositing cleared funds.

I confirmed this with the bank and matches my experience.

db2567 likes this.
  16. zac150

I have reached silver on the tickets and a day pass is $72 for a weekend.

17. Scoober

Scoober One of Us

How much have you spent to get to Silver?

18. zac150

way under the season pass cost, as a family we have spent $800 on accommodation as well and are square to costs.

so far I have booked 2 weekends and a week (7 days) and I still have funds left over. The issue at this stage isn’t the resorts it’s where to stay! Most lodges are running at 50% capacity so even if I had a season pass this year there is no way I’d get the same usage as last year.

If KT hadn’t so badly arsed up last week they may have actually got this right for 80% of users.

19. Scoober

Scoober One of Us

Nice!!
    Yep it was a big balls up.
    Our lodge is only operating rooms with own ensuite which brings capacity down from 11 rooms to 5

20. BlueHue

BlueHue One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Chrome, 365, i drew a long straw. Have not checked to see if refund has come through.

21. zac150

One of our lodges is running at 50% and the other 2 rooms to start with (down from 5) and only family groups in a room. For August they are hoping to open to 4 rooms, one bath shower and sink per room.

if Vic keeps sliding and NSW follows suit August could be interesting. I wonder how many Vic’s will be looking to NSW if restrictions stay clamped

our lodge costs are also up slightly to cover Covid requirements.

Scoober likes this.
  22. Slowman

Slowman One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

After 3 weeks and 3 emails Thredbo Guest Services got back to me today and with no queries and with nice apologies for the delay they reimbursed me for the difference between the full value passes I bought and the discounted season pass holder rates - which I initially could not access on the web page.

The extra cost for me for the 3 weeks of day tickets I have ended up buying, compared to the cost of a 365 pass, actually only ended up being about $250 more and I had also derived some useful value from the 365 pass over the summer in any event (golf, swimming pool and some half priced day tickets in Japan). So not too bad for me overall and for good measure the mountain now has some snow on it!