1. Coronavirus #StayHome

Official Advice

- People in Australia must stay at least 1.5 metres away from others and gatherings are limited to two people unless you are with your family or household.
    - If you believe you may have contracted the virus, call your doctor (don’t visit) or contact the national Coronavirus Health Information Hotline on 1800 020 080.
    - If you are struggling to breathe or experiencing a medical emergency, call 000.

Information Resources Mental Health Note: This announcement may be closed & This announcement will be reset every few days.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Thredbo Winter Season Work

Discussion in 'Thredbo' started by jszk, Feb 12, 2015.

1. jszk

jszk First Runs

I'm thinking about applying for a couple positions through the Thredbo site and I'm wondering what I need to consider before I make a commitment that requires me to move from Perth for the winter season. If I get the position do they help me out with things like where I live or do I need to do that all myself?

2. tbnext

tbnext One of Us

It will not be a resort

3. tbnext

tbnext One of Us

Sorry I replied to you twice- missing? Just email me, this site is so ridiculous.

4. jszk

jszk First Runs

Private message or actual email? Sorry new this site not sure how to see your email

5. sastrugi

sastrugi At the centre of it all Ski Pass: Gold

If it's your first season you'll be needing to find your own accomm. Do some searching on FB, I see ads for groups such as 'looking for Jindabyne accommodation' etc. If you get in with those communities now you will have a much better chance of finding something come winter.

Good luck, and work hard to make it happen. It will be the best thing you ever do :)

kyliedb likes this.
  6. thebutterman

thebutterman Hard Yards

If you get a job through Thredbo then they will have staff accommodation arranged for you before you arrive, even if it is your first season. The exception would be if you are going to do the hiring clinic for ski school in which case you will have to find somewhere to stay during the clinic. If you do get through they will set you up with accommodation that day.

Ozgirl likes this.
  7. Gangles

Gangles First Runs

Sorry to add a annoying question to this thread, but I'm working as a lifty this year at Thredbo, but from what ive gathered all the accommodation is locked down in Jindabyne, ive got my own car, but its pretty small and wouldnt fit skis inside/the roof. I was wondering if a great deal of workers drive their own cars up, and if car pooling is easy enough with others.

8. Bato

Bato One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

A lot of lifties live down in jindy, you should be able to find lifts.

9. thebutterman

thebutterman Hard Yards

Questions aren't annoying. It's pretty nerve racking trying to figure out how everything works before you get to town so feel free to ask anything!

There are only a few staff who live in Thredbo with the rest living in Jindy. Car pooling is super easy and once you get to know everyone you will either be able to fill your car up each day or get a ride with someone else. I am fairly certain that lift ops have their own locker room where they can keep their skis/boards as you will need them every day for work.

Hope to see you down there!

10. Gangles

Gangles First Runs

I heard about the lockers, just didn't realize they were big enough to fit a set of skis in. All i need is a set of grippy boots and I'm set for the season. Grinning.

11. Billy_Buttons

Billy_Buttons Que Sera, Sera Ski Pass: Gold

Think this:

[​IMG]