1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Thumbs Up to Service at Falls Creek

Discussion in 'Falls Creek' started by gareth_oau, Jul 26, 2011.

1. gareth_oau

gareth_oau Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

One of my colleagues has just returned from a week at Quay West Resort, Falls Creek, her first time on the snow, along with 2 kids.

She had a great time, but more importantly, she said she was very impressed at how staff everywhere (whole mountain) seemed incredibly friendly and helpful and made her stay even more enjoyable. (and I'd suggest she is not easily impressed!)

Big Thumbs up Falls Creek
    [​IMG]

#1 gareth_oau, Jul 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
  2. TOFF

TOFF Im kind of a big deal Ski Pass: Gold

Who says having a gun pointed at you is not motivating [​IMG]

Good work FC

#2 TOFF, Jul 26, 2011
  3. main street

main street Sun Peaks Resident

Quay West.....

Obviously didn't use the oversnow.

[​IMG]

#3 main street, Jul 26, 2011
  4. Slushii

Slushii Mostly missing in action... Ski Pass: Gold

Actually, I have something positive to say about oversnow.

IMO they have improved. Yes, it's not perfect, but at least they are trying to change.

I'm impressed by the staff doing they best to get people and their luggage up to their accom at back. Also, I've observed staff members explaining options to their customers and telling them of cheaper options and giving them a choice to spend loads of $$$ or save. The previous regime running oversnow would never do that!

In particular, I'm impressed by a young staff member by the name Declan who was patient, polite and went out of his way to help people. It is important to have such people at the frontline, who can ease customer agro and provide helpful information. Likewise, when I got there on Friday, another young staff member was also equally helpful with information and answers to my questions. So well done for choosing enthusiastic and friend staff for such an important part of the resort/customer interface.

I also like the new vehicles - at least management invested in decent new transport.

I'm sure the management is paying attention to discussion here about Oversnow. So if you have suggestions for improving the service, post it here! By all means criticise if there are things that are not satisfactory, but try to make the criticism constructive.

On my part, I have a concern: I had the thrill of sitting up the front with the cat driver. However, when the cat pulled up at the terminal, no provision was made for the passenger in the front cab to get out easily - the guard rail had no gap for someone sitting in that position to get out easily or safely - I had to grab on to the rail and balance on ethe edge and move about a meter to get off onto the concret platform at the front of the cat. A person could slip and fall and injure themselves, so from an OHS point of view, this is quite serious. This can easily be addressed by making a gap for the front cab passenger to get onto the platform on the right side of the cat.

I hope Oversnow won't take the simplest option and not allow a passenger in the front cab (elimination of risk is the best control) - it is an enjoyable experience to sit in the front cab and one that should not be eliminated.

5. qwill

qwill Part of the Furniture Ski Pass: Gold

Good points slushii but the Oversnow is also the Shuttle service now, and from our viewpoint it gets a thumbs down. Not enough of them, too long to wait for pick-up, sometimes they forget to go all the way up to the top of the village for pick-ups. they are more of a slightly random taxi service than a regular shuttle running a set route at reliable times.

6. Stratus

Stratus A Local

Well the shuttle service has been fantastic on the bogong high planes road (shuttling from overnight car park to quay west, to gully). Max wait 5mins (most of the time 2mins).

Havn't used the village shuttle though.

7. Ian D

Ian D Pool Room Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Have to give a big thumbs up to the resort staff across the mountains. Lifties really stand out with their friendliness and helpfulness with kids. All up I think they are a real asset to the Lift Co

8. D-eye

D-eye Photographer and skier Moderator

Big thumbs up to the Falls Creek Hotel, big thumbs down to the accommodation transfer service which didn't turn up to pick myself and another group up at the appointed time - nor at the incorrect time that they had written down.

9. skiflat

skiflat Old n' Crusty

I'll give a big thumbs up to the Falls Creek Hotel as well.

10/10 for customer service and being understanding!

Very happy to stay there, the next time I head to Falls Creek, simply based on great customer service

10. main street

As I mentioned in a stand alone thread.

Big [​IMG] to Trackers Lodge.

We had a good experience with oversnow on both trips.

[​IMG]

#10 main street, Aug 2, 2011
  11. qwill

Totally different services.

#11 qwill, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2013
  12. currawong

currawong Old but not so Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

village shuttle is seriously under resourced - often only one vehicle in operation.

as i hear it, it is a deliberate choice by fcrm to provide a fairly poor level of service so that people will walk or ski instead. they have a dilemma about funding a good level of service. this is not the answer. maybe just charge a small amount per ride $2? $5? and get on with providing the service that people want. a small charge will deter a lot of people who are basically happy to walk short distances, and fund it for the ones who want the service.

13. main street

Years ago you could "book" the shuttle aka a taxi.

That cost was $5 a head to anywhere in the village.

We used it a lot when SS stuffed her knee back in 06..... hell,.... we actually bundled her into it to travel 100 meters after a meal at another lodge one night !

$5 well spent !!

[​IMG]

#13 main street, Aug 3, 2011
  14. qwill

That's hilarious because (as I have been told) they are claiming 85% of passengers are happy with it.

[​IMG]

I would pay $2 to $5 if it was a regular loop and we could rely on it to appear at set times. For those with little children or beginner skiers who DO NOT want to walk far (or uphill in those funny boots skiers wear) the current service is terrible.

#14 qwill, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2013