1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Ticket Price release date

Discussion in 'Hotham & Dinner Plain' started by schneeschleicher, Feb 14, 2021.

1. schneeschleicher

schneeschleicher Hard Yards

Sorry if there is already a thread dealing with this. Please redirect me there if that is the case. Trying to price a week at Hotham this year but it is a little difficult given the lack of lift ticket pricing. Anyone have the inside line on a rough release date for this info??

2. chriscross

chriscross One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Hard to do better than the Epic Australia Pass for a week - season pass for $899. Accomm will likely be much more expensive, depending on what style you want.

TinkyH23 and Chaeron like this.
  3. Tom from Melbourne

Tom from Melbourne One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Not sure when prices will come out, IIRC last year was delayed as covid came through, and the days were sold in blocks of exact days rather than x in y days once you got in the 5 to 7 day range.

As a guide, in 2019 the best rate per day in peak in 2019 was about $120 (7 days out of 9) and highest is about $130 per day (3 days).

Can probably stop reading here, the rest is just my own thinking and rationale!

So for Epic, now at $899 but due to rise in price on 23rd, the payback is about 7 days.

BUT, there is some insurance and further lesson, rental discounts as well as first tracks and free night skiing - so payback is even better than just a day rate.

Also, possible priorisation for a lift ticket if demand exceeds covid safe density limits. (Noting that this priorisation didn't happen at Falls/Hotham in 2020 during the July school holidays, which contained the only 4 days the lifts ran).

I am up for 6 days in July school holidays and believe that Epic is good value ( and leaves me with incentive to get up for a further weekend or 2, and September school holidays if the snow is as good as 2018 and 2019).

Chaeron likes this.
  4. Tropical

Tropical One of Us

I am also waiting on the regular lift tickets to be released. I am planning on going for 5 days so I don't believe that the epic pass will be better value. I am also travelling from Queensland with no opportunity to book additional days at other resorts.

Tom from Melbourne likes this.
  5. skull

skull One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

I think it would be close though

Chaeron likes this.