1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Advice needed Tips for St Anton

Discussion in 'Europe' started by pykie87, Aug 20, 2018.

1. pykie87

pykie87 First Runs

Hi guys,

Taking my wife and 10 month old over to St Anton for Christmas this year, I've skiid and boarded in the US, France and now Austria, having grown up on the slopes of Falls Creek.

Any tips of the better area's to stick to? (Advanced skier and snowboarder) Good restaurants, bars, places to see in the area?

We are traveling for a few weeks beforehand, so I'm more than likely going to just take my moulded inners over there and hire boots and ski's as I don't want to cart them through europe before hand, with the intention of buying some 2019 powder ski's over there to bring back with me (we are coming back straight after the stay at St Anton)

2. Budgiesmuggler

Budgiesmuggler A Local Ski Pass: Gold

St Anton:

Main mountain in th morning, Rendyl in the afternoon.

Hit the mooserwirt on the way home it is like Octoberfest on snow.

If you want a guide hire from Piste to Powder. They are seriously good.

Do a day to lech/zurs

Any specific questions let me know

3. Inclder

Inclder Hard Yards

Krazy Kangaroo from 1:00 pm
    Moosey from 3:30 pm
    Funky Chicken @ 8:00 pm
    Kandahar from 10:00 pm

The fondue joint just up from the Moosey is pretty good for a feed.

4. Ozgirl

Ozgirl A Local Ski Pass: Gold

Ah yes - they will be on the drink with a 10mth old for sure!!

LOL

Lady Penelope likes this.
  5. Zeroz

Zeroz A Local Ski Pass: Gold

Book a meal on Xmas Eve. Austria does it's Xmas thing then, presents are exchanged and it's family time.
    On Xmas Eve places in St Anton close early or don't open. Xmas Day is relatively normal day.

It's December so have low expectations for off-piste unless there's a big early start to the season.
    But if it happens, book a guide via Piste-to-Powder for off-pisty goodness.

6. Kletterer

Kletterer Thredbo Doughnut Tragic Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

I always prefered the Taps bar to Mooserwirt. Bodega bar for a more personal feel in town.

7. Kletterer

Kletterer Thredbo Doughnut Tragic Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

Galzigbahn- Tanzboden and Nasserain areas are very busy first up. If your heart is not set on hitting up the Shindler steeps early head straight over to the run down to Sankt Christoph . Rendl can be hit and miss with the crowds but when there is fresh snow its less contested for off piste than the other side ( not so if Shindler chair is closed) . Late arvo Rendl area can get quite low with traffic. A good spot away from crowds is the T bar off the side of Kappal ( Shoengraben).

8. Froff Life

Froff Life A Local Ski Pass: Gold

Rendl can be amazing in fresh. Consider hiring a guide and skiing off the back back down to the village. Usually you chase the sun as shaded aspects in the morning can be very icy.

Also consider finishing up a little earlier than the crowds if the snow cover at the bottom of the runs is limited. Can be a like a freaking zoo at the end of the day. Makes for a great spectre sport from the pub though!

Kimski, Ozgirl and Kletterer like this.