Question Tobogganing in Perisher what time of year?

Meeghan

First Runs
Feb 29, 2016
Hi,

Sorry I know this is probably going to be a silly question -

Is it still possible to go Tobogganing at Perisher in September/October? Ie. Will there still be snow on the Tobogganing/Snow Play / Tube Town area? (I'm not sure when the snow melts or if they use snow machines in that area.)

Alternatively, when is the best time to take a 3 year old to Perisher for Tobogganing?

P.S I've tried to do a search but haven't been able to find much help on the subject.

Thank-you :)

Normo

Mostly Harmless
Ski Pass
Sep 21, 2011
Summer: Berowra Waters. Winter: Jindabyne
Hi,

Sorry I know this is probably going to be a silly question -

Is it still possible to go Tobogganing at Perisher in September/October? Ie. Will there still be snow on the Tobogganing/Snow Play / Tube Town area? (I'm not sure when the snow melts or if they use snow machines in that area.)

Alternatively, when is the best time to take a 3 year old to Perisher for Tobogganing?

P.S I've tried to do a search but haven't been able to find much help on the subject.

Thank-you :)
Perisher have been really good in providing free tobogganing areas right from start to finish in recent seasons. In early June, even when only a bit of man-made snow is available, they have fenced off an area on Front Valley, beside the V8 chair, for toboggans and snow play.
Once the snow improves, they create an area next to Tube Town, even before Tube Town is operating. They've shown determination to keep toboggan space going all season so I'm pretty sure that there would be something available right til October long week-end (and beyond, in a good season).
Happy sliding! :)

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
One year we had early falls and went up and toboganned Front Valley before the season started. Kids had a ball sliding down the snow covered magic carpets :D

Legs Akimbo

Grumblebum
Ski Pass
Mar 3, 1999
Coastal suburban boonies.
Even if there is no snow at Perisher, if you drive up the road towards Charlotte Pass you will probably find some drifts. Just make sure the slope is not too steep and that there is a long, unobstructed runout.

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
Actually Dead Horse Gap above Thredbo is a good place if Perisher doesn't have in snow available for toboganning, and you don't need to carry chains. They often don't open the CP road until very late in the season.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

cruisin along

Free at last
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 2007
CC Terrigal area
Went down the slope at Smiggins one year on a huge inner tube ......smack bang into a wall of snow thankfully.....no ability to steer on one of those things.

Phil_

Hard Yards
Jun 2, 2016
Lol I never thought of the maccas trays could be used for tobogganing. Each time I drop by maccas, I'm gonna see how I can smuggle one out into the car now.

Lol!

Tonester

Lift Line Nazi
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2001
Sydney
Has to be said. Do not make a toboggan from a real estate sign.
Also has to be said.....do not make a toboggan from a plastic garbage bag to get yourself home when Sundeck closes.....there's a few creeks between Sundeck and home. Just sayin'

...edit....just saw hipo's post above. By jingo..what a coincidence

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass