Toff's Canada Qs

TOFF

Triple premiership Pants man
Ski Pass
Aug 10, 2004
Wuhan
Plans are in the making.

Apex or SilverStar for a couple of days before moving onto revs, KH etc?

Reactions: piolet

TOFF

Ski Pass
Aug 10, 2004
Wuhan
Flying into kelowna or driving from Vancouver?
Into Kelowna and slowly making way to Calgary.
Plan is Revelstoke, Kicking Horse, Lake Louise and Sunshine as well as either Apex or SilverStar over 2 weeks.

We dont get in till late afternoon so was thinking something reasonably close for 2/3 days at the start.

Reactions: piolet

Summit

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Nov 25, 2004
Perth
Looks a great plan to me, the big time away from tourists areas of Revie and KH mixed with the main two Banff area resorts.

Reactions: TOFF

TOFF

Ski Pass
Aug 10, 2004
Wuhan
Silverstar is In the same direction from Kelowna to KH so will make the drive to KH easier and shorter than from Apex

also consider BW?
Which is the most 'entertaining' mountain?

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
Which is the most 'entertaining' mountain?

mmmmm .... so lets say it just snowed 50cms of blower pow

both

mmmmm .... so lets say it hasn't snowed for 3 weeks

Apex

Circle work

Alternate = Vernon, Apex, Red Mountain, Panorama, Kicking Horse, Revelstoke, Vernon

Through trip

Proposed = Vernon, Silverstar, Revelstoke, Kicking Horse, Lake Louise or Sunshine, Calgary

Skichic2

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 22, 2017
I recall being in a small town bar somewhere north of Edmonton when a stripper appeared on a stage unexpectedly. It was certainly eye opening for me, we left when the ping pong balls came out :eek:

TOFF

Ski Pass
Aug 10, 2004
Wuhan
I recall being in a small town bar somewhere north of Edmonton when a stripper appeared on a stage unexpectedly. It was certainly eye opening for me, we left when the ping pong balls came out :eek:
Exactly where is that bar? ;)

Reactions: Summit

Crystal

Sand skier extraordinaire
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1970
Far far away Aussie expat
Vernon is not that exciting and a bit ugly in winter..... as for the hills either are great, Silverstar more people and tourist although if no new snow for a while Silverstar will win over Apex,,,with new snow Apex is so much fun, no lift lines and fresh for days :)

My kids love Apex, but they are crazy (I reckon yours would be too). Silverstar has more to offer in way of snow experience with other things to do (no strippers) and dining ect. After 4pm Apex is a ghost town, but we love the dysfunctional hill and the crazy skiing it has to offer.

Reactions: sly_karma and TOFF

TOFF

Ski Pass
Aug 10, 2004
Wuhan
Vernon is not that exciting and a bit ugly in winter..... as for the hills either are great, Silverstar more people and tourist although if no new snow for a while Silverstar will win over Apex,,,with new snow Apex is so much fun, no lift lines and fresh for days :)

My kids love Apex, but they are crazy (I reckon yours would be too). Silverstar has more to offer in way of snow experience with other things to do (no strippers) and dining ect. After 4pm Apex is a ghost town, but we love the dysfunctional hill and the crazy skiing it has to offer.
This is not a family trip.
Me hoppy and woggy working on diplomatic relation between Australia and Canada.
What could go wrong. :D

sly_karma

Green Bastard
Ski Pass
Dec 12, 2005
Penticton, BC
If you're considering heading across BC on the southern route and taking in Red or Whitewater, a la @dawooduck alternate option, then Apex makes sense. But if you wanna go the TCH to Revy and KHMR, then SS is simpler, more direct and probably a more appropriate warmup for the legs.

It's 2 hours from YLW to Apex compared to an hour to SS. And of course you'd have to retrace that entire 2 hour trip just to get back to the airport and on with the rest of the road trip. SS is pretty vanilla compared to Apex but you'll still have a good time.

Reactions: dawooduck and TOFF

TOFF

Ski Pass
Aug 10, 2004
Wuhan
Boom, as quick as that my online world has been invaded.
Big brother is watching. Always watching

2C6D9049-8E32-4B14-95C7-A6DCB4CBB7F7.png

Zeroz

A Local
Ski Pass
Apr 8, 2002
Bouvet Island
www.banipal.co.uk
There used to be a peeler bar in Golden, I can't think of a reason why it should have closed in 10 years.
If I remember correctly they used to have Fresh Meat Mondays, when a new artiste would start her weekly run,
plus amateurs could get up on stage and try out.

Get Becky to do her thing, or maybe unveil the TOFF Dance to raise funds for heli or cat skiing.

TOFF

Ski Pass
Aug 10, 2004
Wuhan
If I remember correctly they used to have Fresh Meat Mondays, when a new artiste would start her weekly run,
plus amateurs could get up on stage and try out.

Get Becky to do her thing, or maybe unveil the TOFF Dance to raise funds for heli or cat skiing.
All sounds terrific ;)

I just realised that my mountain collective works a treat around those parts too.
Magic.

TOFF

Ski Pass
Aug 10, 2004
Wuhan
Looks like apex is the winner.

Next q, should we stay there or in Penticton?

Reactions: sly_karma

TOFF

Ski Pass
Aug 10, 2004
Wuhan
Good wine is wasted on Toff - If he takes up the offer, just serve the rot gut...
This is very true.
I am very grateful for any and all hospitality and don’t require the royal treatment.

I am a man of the people :)

Reactions: Sadie
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass