tokyo central - board bag storage 4-6 hours???

staniwatu

First Runs
Jun 17, 2009
Hi , i have a problem i cant seem to get a straight answer for.

we land in Narita at 630 am

we dont fly out of Haneda Airport until the arfternoon, ( this was planned so we could go into tokyo for the day )

my probem is does anyone know of the best way to do this carrying board bags.

The best idea i have been given is to go into Tokyo on train
find the railway line to Haneda and store board bags there then go see tokyo , when finished in tokyo pick up bags and get train out to Haneda for flight to Sapporo.

Has anyone done this and have any locations for cloak room /large bag storage service near the Haneda rail line?

thanks if you can assist.

we fly out at 10 tonight.

regards
Stan.

Sandy

Dark Sith Lord of the Pool Room
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Yokohama, Japan, Melb. Expat.
Inside Tokyo Station(don't go out of the ticket gates), closer to the Yaesu side, there is a downstairs area called "Gin no Suzu meeting area". Go down there, past the bell, and left around the corner (about 20m) is a corridor with lots of lockers.

There is a cloak room /large bag storage service there at the end. (open 9am - 8pm iirc)

You can then collect the bags later, and take the JR Yamanote Line to Hamamatsucho station and change to the Monorail to Haneda Airport.

gareth_oau

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Dec 27, 2008
Canning Vale, Perth
I used my charm and wandered up to the concierge at the Tokyo Station Hotel and enquired if he knew anywhere I could store my two large bags for about 5 hours, and he let me store htem at the hotel. I offered to pay and he refused any payment!

Heinz

Fully vaccinated but nowhere to go
Ski Pass
Oct 14, 2005
Adelaide
gareth_oau said:
I used my charm and wandered up to the concierge at the Tokyo Station Hotel and enquired if he knew anywhere I could store my two large bags for about 5 hours, and he let me store htem at the hotel. I offered to pay and he refused any payment!

I guess that's the japanese for you. Normally you need to stay there the night to use that. But I guess not too many try what you did. I guess if too many tried the same thing it would be less successfull.

Last edited by a moderator:

gareth_oau

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Dec 27, 2008
Canning Vale, Perth
I'm back in Tokyo in 2 weeks and did consider statying there, so his plan would have worked....except they are fully booked.

I will always ask JK, they arent going to chase after me and offer something. but as I said, I'm happy to pay if someone provides me a reasonable service

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass