Tour Europe

SkiLoner

First Runs
Jul 11, 2007
Hi Folks,

My girlfriend is spending a month studying in Europe and I've been contemplating spending some time touring with her before her course and then venturing off for a ski for a couple of weeks while she is studying.

Since I'll be skiing alone I think the best way to go about it is a tour of some sort where it's easy to meet people to ski with. I've been unsure about what tour will suit me best, so I figured ski.com.au was a good place to look. I'd prefer go on a tour which has a lot of people in the 20-30 age bracket.

So far I've found two options, the contiki ski tour:
http://contiki.com.au/contikipedia/articles/ski-tours-tours

and this estour:
http://www.estours-travel.com.au/europe-group-ski-tours-and-holiday.aspx

I much prefer the idea of moving between a few different resorts so the estour looks to be the best bet. Has anyone been on either tour and have any feedback? Is there any other tours that anyone would recommend? I tried searching the forums but couldn't find anything.

A little about myself, I'm 23, a good skier (I hope) and I've skied in North + South America. I've spent a considerable amount of time skiing overseas just I've never been to Europe so I'm unsure about what will suit me best. I enjoy off piste, tree skiing as well as long steep runs. Out of the resorts I've been to my favorites are probably Squaw, Silverstar and Fernie. I've always wanted to go to Chamonix, but I'm unsure about what other resorts would be worth a look. The trip is going to have to be in January.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Alex

Last edited by a moderator:

deepsno

Hard Yards
Jun 28, 2002
Victoria
Forget about the Contiki one. The Estours sounds really good. We have been to Valdísere an df stayed with Leski, which was great, they have guiding for their clients most days of the week. You get to ski with groups at your level, and you then meet people that you can ski with on the other days. There are many other companies like this that run out of UK. Val was awesome, we stayed at Chalet Pierre de Compia, and it was there best chalet and we loved it. There are however cheaper ways to do things. You can often get last minute deals to these type of things too.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Snorkler

Part of the Furniture
Jan 1, 1970
Melbourne, Vic
I've stayed at hostels at Ski Resorts in France, usually meet people there to go out skiing with. I also did a stage at Val D'Isere which took me out with an instructor doing hors-piste. I had a ball and remember that trip fondly.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using