1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Trailforks

Discussion in 'Falls Creek' started by murph, Sep 2, 2019.

1. murph

murph Hard Yards

G'day all,
    The mountain bike mapping app/website trail forks is branching out into other sports such as skiing. I've started adding some runs to the map for Falls Creek. Could we get some more people adding runs to the map? I've skied and have gps logs for most of Falls Creek, but not all of the summit and maze runs. Also would be good to have the tracks I have already uploaded confirmed and corrected if wrong.
    I've found it to be a great app for navigating MTB tracks in the past, and is useful for seeing current trail conditions.

https://www.trailforks.com/region/f...1&z=12.0&lat=-36.86419&lon=147.29095&season=2

Cheers
    Andrew Murphy

2. skifree

skifree grey Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

I’ll load the app on & have a look.

But I cannot help feeling that after I’ve revealed my lines I’ll have to kill you.

;)

3. murph

murph Hard Yards

I'm not uploading secret stashes or anything. Just already sign posted runs :)

skifree likes this.
  4. skifree

Had look, just bike tracks, like they are hard to follow?

FatMap looks like a better bet for ski lines.

5. murph

murph Hard Yards

On the app/website there is a selection for activity type, changing from "mountain bike" to "downhill ski" will bring up the ski runs. I've downloaded about 20 runs for Falls Creek, but there is a confirmation process. So far only 2 of the tracks I've uploaded have been confirmed and show up (Fast Hoot and Last Hoot). I might try skiing "the vortex" MTB track if we get another dump.

6. murph

murph Hard Yards

A whole lot more runs have just been added to the map. There is now a network of runs and it'is starting to resemble the official trail map. It is good to see other people have been contributing to the project.

Cheers
    Murph

7. skifree

OK found that. Might poke around some more.